Author Topic: Blind user: file management issue  (Read 1776 times)

Nocturne64

Blind user: file management issue
« on: May 09, 2020, 09:23:52 PM »
Hello, I'm a blind pianist and I'm looking for other musicians in the same situation using high quality Yamaha arrangers or digital pianos like Genos or CVP. Maybe there is someone in this forum, I read something in other threads.
So, I play daily on my CVP809 digital piano operating it through Voice Guide feature. Very happy with this instrument, but I have problem managing files, maybe due to Voice Guide limitation I'm afraid.
In particular, my main issue is that I'm not able to save my performance in the piano user memory (or USB stick).
I can call up Song Recording window, but after playing my performance it seems there is no chance to find Save icon on the touchscreen. Also, once this icon was clicked by a sighted person, it seems that a blind player has no chance to write file name and save it. Also, I suspect that all files/folders management (copy / cut / paste / delete) are totally out of the game for us.
Any other blind user noted this problem? Any malfunctioning in my instrument or bad Voice Guide limitation?
Anyone found some kind of solution? Thanks.

Offline gabrielschuck

Re: Blind user: file management issue
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 04:21:25 AM »
hello,
I'm sure this is a limitation of Voice Guide. It works with messages that have already been pre-recorded and are played back in sequence depending on what appears on the screen.
Even though the voice is from a synthesizer, it is not a screen reader with real-time speech synthesis.
I say that it was a palliative that Yamaha was able to find and that it still doesn't solve all the problems, hence the limitations.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."