Author Topic: Beats (Time Signature) 7/8 absent in New Style creator :(  (Read 2588 times)

Live Musician Newbie

Beats (Time Signature) 7/8 absent in New Style creator :(
« on: May 09, 2020, 05:40:03 AM »
Namaste !!

Another issue.
I want to create a style of measure 7/8.

While trying out this keyboard in a shop, I checked if there were styles played in 7/8 measure and presumed this is already present.
Even paid attention to the beats lights go (Red, Green, Green,Red, Green, Green, Green) indicative its indeed a time signature. (Very important to my music)

Today I got a rude shock.
Style creator > New Style
The Beats (Time signatures present are)
2/4 3/4 4/4 and 5/4

I go back to the style given in the expansion pack, and checked out that style in 7/8
Go to style creator and indeed the measure is there. The moment I click new style it disappears

For those who got confused ... a simple way to understand this.
Choose style Boheminan Waltz (Style Category > World Page1 )
Start the style ... confirm its in 6/4 by the flashing led
Stop the style .. choose Style Creator You will indeed see the measure 6/4.
Try to create a new style,
ISSUE : The measure 6/4 disappears.

Question 1 : How come the style I play has measure of 7/8 but goes off the moment I select new style?
How did this style get created in 7/8 signature when the signature itself isn't present ?

How can I create a style of 7/8 Measure. Is editing an existing style of 7/8 the only option left?

NOTE : choosing a 4/4 style and dividing the entire clock to 7 isn't very practical. Also there is the issue of complex fill'ins not being in sync to the overall beat of the rhythm.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:32:59 AM by Live Musician Newbie »

Offline panos

Re: Beats (Time Signature) 7/8 absent in New Style creator :(
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 07:39:58 AM »
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55355.msg431762.html#msg431762

Hi my friend,
I wouldn't press the "New Style" if I were you.This will delete everything.
I would choose to individually delete the channel parts in the next tab.
"Rec+delete" in older models like mine.
Now you can record your own pattern and the 7/8 measurement is still there,right?

You can always try Style Magic to see if things can be done in an much easier way.
Just download it for a free test.
https://www.midisoft.pl/en/

Offline PSR-USR-IND

Re: Beats (Time Signature) 7/8 absent in New Style creator :(
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 04:48:20 AM »
In Style Creator 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 5/4 are given as default. If we want to create 6/8, 7/8, 12/8 or any other time signatures, there are lot of styles in Oriental and different Expansion Styles.
  For 7/8 Style, select "7-8Greek" Style from Oriental Styles. It has 7/8 time signature. Go to Styles Creator, delete the tracks (don't press New Style or change the pattern in the first page. This will go to the default time signature) or modify the existing Rhythm tracks.
Onacimus Sahayam
My Styles