Author Topic: Korg Performance and Yamaha Playlist  (Read 1498 times)

Offline advid

Korg Performance and Yamaha Playlist
« on: May 10, 2020, 02:06:34 PM »
.....I've been gigging for about 5 years with a Korg PA900 using the Performance list...

I have my lyrics book and on  each song  is my number that links it straight to the saved Style/key/tempo ect. in the Performance list - this can accomodate an unlimited number of songs - I simply enter the number on the touch screen and I'm right there immediately....
During a session I probably play about 50 or more songs....
I've just ordered an SX900 and am wondering how to do this  sort of quick find....
I've looked at the Yamaha playlist but it doesn't seem as versatile as the Korg ....?
Could the touchscreen be used in this sort of way ? -  or perhaps Yamaha themselves  could update with a mod so that when saving a song you have to also enter a number that you could enter  to find  a song quickly ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:51:28 PM by advid »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Colin D

Re: Korg Performance and Yamaha Playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
Hi there,

you can save registrations with a name or number or both.  Each Registration can have 8 memory slots and 4 one touch setting.  You can search registrations or make play lists too. 

If you use songbook, you can link them together and search Songbook or the keyboard.  Each can load all the preset rhythm and settings.  I'm sure other Apps work too,

Regards

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline advid

Re: Korg Performance and Yamaha Playlist
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »
you can save registrations with a name or number or both.  Each Registration can have 8 memory slots and 4 one touch setting.  You can search registrations or make play lists too.

.....thanks for your reply...

So...If I save a song with a number and title (Example :   123  MISTY) and search the registrations with 123 it will find that particular song -  is that correct ?

Also - is there a limit to the number of registrations/pages --- Will a search go through all the pages in the registration folder/list  AND -  can it search through more than one registration folder at a time....?

If all this is workable from registrations then there is no need to set up an actual playlist.....?