Author Topic: "Clacky" keys on SX900/700: Please send me your Serial numbers!  (Read 29573 times)

computec1349

Re: "Clacky" keys on SX900/700: Please send me your Serial numbers!
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
After seeing that Yamaha will not do anything like the previous keyboards, I made the repair myself.

As I said at the beginning of this thread, it is a problem that has been around for more than 25 years.

The solution is to replace with a grease of higher density and quality.

And fixed my keyboard like new and for at least about 15 years.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:43:27 PM by computec1349 »

computec1349

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »

This is the image with the new grease! If you need help contact me.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2020, 08:40:19 AM »
hi computer1349
very interesting ... what kind of fat did you apply? silicone grease? and where should it be applied?  (although I think I understand that it should be put on the gray little rubbers, but I wanted a confirmation)
Pietro
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:41:34 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline mikf

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »
No one should have to take a relatively new keyboard apart and change the grease. The SX range are not cheap toys, it should not be happening, and taking it apart might affect the warranty. And many purchasers of these keyboards are in their  ‘twilight’ years. They bought these keyboards  to  play music, not become technicians.
mike

Offline Enildo

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2020, 11:27:14 AM »
After owning my PSR SX900 for ten days (an expensive 18th birthday present that I bought for myself), unfortunately it has developed this issue, it has appeared on the keys I use most. I have filmed a video for my dealer that shows the problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2NoQyn7VI . Before this issue surfaced, I viewed this thread so I believe I was more paranoid than I would have been otherwise, this allowed me to notice the issue quickly. I am returning my SX900 to my dealer for inspection and hopefully a repair. I am starting to think that this issue is more widespread than previously thought, my dealer mentioned sending a replacement to me and I believe there is a real chance that the same fault would develop so I really would prefer a repair (a reapplication of the correct amount of grease). The keys on my unit sounded fine for the first few days, but gradually got louder. Having previously owned a PSR S750 for 4 years, I admit the keys weren't silent, there was some noise because it had seen a fair amount of use but it was nothing like the noise on the SX900.

In terms of the keybed itself, I am aware that the Electone STAGEA ELB 02, (an electric organ produced by Yamaha that is only for sale in certain regions) has an FSB keybed, whether this is the same one used in the PSR SX700 and 900 I am not sure, but it is possible that the keybed design has been in this ELB 02 (released in 2016) which would make this issue even more puzzling (if Yamaha already has experience with this keybed). Here is the link to the product specifications of that instrument - https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/electone/elb-02/specs.html#product-tabs .

Anyway, whether I receive a repair or replacement unit I will keep this thread updated if there are any more developments. It really is disappointing that these expensive keyboards are developing faults after such a small amount of use.

Here in Brazil I'm fighting with yamaha to repair my keyboard under warranty. Fortunately we have the consumer protection agencies that I will appeal to. I will want an indemnity for moral damages due to the denial of the repair, which is the obligation of the yamaha, within the warranty period.
I am not going to open my keyboard to do the repair myself, because it will void the warranty if it gives another defect.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

computec1349

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
hi computer1349
very interesting ... what kind of fat did you apply? silicone grease? and where should it be applied?  (although I think I understand that it should be put on the gray little rubbers, but I wanted a confirmation)
Pietro

Hi Perro!

I used synthetic grease for electronic components, you can find it in electronics stores, it is white and it is placed in the new black ones at the end of each key.

Offline panos

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2020, 06:08:21 PM »
If I hit the black keys on my s750 the way that Sam did a little different kind of sound is produced which is also noticeable.
But all black keys produce almost the same sound,a kind of more metallic sound than on Sam's video.

White keys produce just a little normal sound (if you hit a plastic with your fingers I guess is normal to hear just a little sound).

The F# on Sam's keyboard sounds louder than Eb and all the the other black keys.
Although I would rather test the key without my finger leaving the key at all and not by hitting it.
In order to hear the sound by key itself when moving up and down and not the sound produced between my finger hitting the key.

Anyway, let's hope there will be a solution to this as long as people saying there wasn't such noticeable sound when the keyboard was bought..

Computec knows a lot about keyboards so he could fix this by himself.
The rest keyboard players should not open a new keyboard in any case.

Sam do you like "uncle" Rodger's songs? I think they are brilliant  :)

Rich

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
Hi Sam,

Hope you don't mind, but I added a link to your video on my 'Pinned' comment here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPr4iw8pzXs

All good wishes for a successful outcome! :)

Offline samhodgsonpsr

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your replies.

I have just re-boxed my SX900 and it is being sent back to my dealer tomorrow. First of all computec1349 I agree with you completely, noise has always been an issue on PSR S series keyboards, but at least in my experience an issue hasn't appeared this quickly. I really commend you for applying grease yourself and am a big advocate for the DIY method(I own a computer recycling and resale business), it is fascinating to me to see why this problem is occurring in the first place, it seems like a trivial manufacturing mistake to me! Maybe with your help we can devise a repair guide for other users facing this issue although I agree with Mike that nobody should be expected to dissemble such a new keyboard to rectify the issue.

Enildo, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems trying to get your instrument repaired. Having seen your previous post on the thread, I can't believe that the engineers say that there is no non-conformity in their product, I believe Yamaha should honour the warranty. As an advocate for the right to repair movement, I really don't think it would be fair for a warranty to be classed as void for reapplying grease to the keys but I understand that most people wouldn't feel comfortable opening up such an expensive and complex instrument (although it isn't that difficult to do). It would be awful if something was damaged in the process.

Panos, I owned a PSR S750 before this instrument and remember that the keys had a noise when they were played, the noise was nowhere near as loud as the SX900, and it was much more consistent between each key. The F# was definitely louder than the other black keys on the SX900. After filming the video I noticed that most of the keys had a 'clack' but most of them were mild (but most likely would have worsened over time). The white keys on the SX900 were perfect for me. In terms of how I played the keyboard to get the noise to surface I admit I was playing the keys a little harder than usual (but nothing ridiculous) playing the black notes with a normal soft touch would reduce the noise but it was definitely still present. I first noticed the issue when practising a chromatic scale. My Yamaha Electone EL60's keys still sound fine, all consistent, even if the keys were played in that manner. I haven't heard of Uncle Rodger before.

Rich, I am more than happy for that link to remain pinned in your comment. I really appreciate you uploading that video in the first place! It confirmed that my suspicions that my keyboard had the same issue.

Hopefully within the next week I will have another SX900, and hopefully it does not develop the same issue. However I must admit I am trying to remain pessimistic about it.

Just as a matter of interest, have any SX700 owners faced this issue? So far it seems that it has predominantly affected the SX900.

Offline panos

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »
Hi Sam,
I meant this one :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6cPXSjdRs

You had both the SX900 and the s750 so Ι guess you can tell in which point a noise of the keybed can be bearable and in which point it can be not.
So can Enildo and the others who owned a psr S model and now facing this problem with some SX models.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
Hi Computec1349,
Enildo he is right, the problem must be solved under warranty ... and Yamaha must honor its customers. To me, for the blockage of the SX900 they said that I had to take it to the service center for repair (after 22 days from the purchase that answer is not acceptable ...) Especially when, with the release of firmware 1.05 Yamaha confirmed and admitted the existence of the problem.

As for the topic of the post, I am interested, why if this problem should happen to me, now I know what I have to do ... I also like to understand and tinker.

Last year I solved a problem without having to resort to assistance on a Samsung smart TV (no longer under warranty), modem had stopped working, assistance had said that a technician was needed and € 80 for replacing the broken modem.

The modem, was not broken .. There Was a wrong setting in the hidden menu of the TV ( Why? ... is a mystery, but I think, about it, an wrong of the Tv autoconfiguration), of course you need, to know, where to get your hands ... but the Web is a great help.

PS For Enildo: ...look your PM...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:29:43 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »
The update to 1.05 was nothing to do with noisy keys. There seems to be a problem that not enough grease was used on some keyboards. If you get in touch with your shop or Yamaha they will arrange to have it put right for you. Unfortunately these things do happen with a lot of things we buy today and with Yamaha they are put right quickly which is nice to know.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
Hi Eileen,
Sorry, I thought, my post had been well translated by Google ... :o

I was referring to the problem of freezed the SX with the favorites, solved with 1.05. Yamaha Customer Support initially denied any intervention other than  repair. Today we know that the problem was real and resolvable with an update. Did Yamaha make a good impression? And everyone who replied me that, more probably, the motherboard had broked? nobody shared my opinion about the operating system bug ... yet this was.

Same thing for the grease and the noisy SX keys reported by several users. Telling a customer that the problem doesn't exist, when the problem exists and has been proven, is not a good commercial policy, not for a giant like Yamaha.

The service centers should receive directives from the parent company, to protect customers and not to deny to the problem that exists instead.
The intervention in this case, noisy key after a few months, must be done without delay and under warranty.

Have you read that Enildo has been told that the noise of the keys does not deserve the assistance and warranty?
Enildo's requests are right
Here in Brazil I'm fighting with yamaha to repair my keyboard under warranty. Fortunately we have the consumer protection agencies that I will appeal to. I will want an indemnity for moral damages due to the denial of the repair, which is the obligation of the yamaha, within the warranty period.
I am not going to open my keyboard to do the repair myself, because it will void the warranty if it gives another defect.

Enildo
Pietro

Offline EileenL

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »
Yes this is very bad when people are told the wrong things. As far as I know all Yamaha Dealers and service department personnel are well instructed on all new products but we all know that for a lot of people it is easier for them to ignore things as it makes life easier. We are very lucky here in the UK as we have service second to none on our keyboards. The technical staff could not be more helpful if you have a problem and will go out of there way to help you. Yes there is a problem with the greases used on some  SX keyboards and if you have a problem in UK the keyboard is picked up and put right with no fuss.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »
I have the impression that some of the assistance centers in some countries believe that it is more profitable to repair an item that is out of warranty than to give assistance to those under warranty, where the economic return is certainly laughable and limited
(Covid likely to have exacerbated this "conflict of interest") ...
It is always difficult for the parent company to protect customers through third parties. This is fair to say in defense of Yamaha.
 PS I was thinking if there was a way to apply a light layer without having to disassemble everything, if a problem like this will happens to me before deciding to disassemble I would try to give a spray or using a thin brush with a dense and quality synthetic grease from above of the black keys ... but always out of warranty.
Pietro
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:31:49 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
I think I saw a picture on here somewhere of a member that had taken top of off keyboard to access the black notes. It has to be a good quality grease and is carefully inserted into each black key.
  Be very careful if your keyboard is still under guarantee. I would not advise doing it yourself.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2020, 06:47:09 PM »
Lubrication with grease? It sounds strange to my ears. Lubrications requires maintenance lubrication to maintain the function. Hmmm wary..

Regards Ingar

computec1349

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »
Yamaha uses grease, in the service manual it comes.

Regards.

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
A shame that this happens "Click noise keys" on a new SX900 keyboard; especially a top of the PSR line one!
You wouldn't expect that to happen but I guess Yamaha's choice to change their type of key bed on the new PSR SX900's has initial issues on some. I hope they look into this before many more releases.
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2020, 09:20:49 PM »
Sounds like they just need to use more or better grease.  Someone messed up on that one.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:00:49 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
These things happen but now it is known you can get your keyboard put right by returning it to a Yamaha service department to have it sorted for you.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »
After contacting Yamaha in May, about the "clacky" black keys, they advised not opening a case. (weird answer) I shall contact them again today.

At about that same time time period, I also contacted a local authorized Yamaha Keyboard Dealer/Repair Store, who in turn contacted Yamaha.

Here is the Dealer/Repairs email reply to me:

Larry,
I checked with Yamaha and they mentioned that it could be a problem with the felts. They advised that I should open up the keyboard and check to see whether the keys are sitting correctly on the assembly.

This was May 13 2020 I will take him up on his offer to check it out, although, the felts could be the problem answer is a new one for us all. I will let him know of the "grease" problem before taking it in. I also want to be sure this is covered under warranty.

So I agree with the advise to first let your dealer know of the problem, and if they do repairs, they, the dealer should contact Yamaha about a fix and warranty coverage.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline overover

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
After contacting Yamaha in May, about the "clacky" black keys, they advised not opening a case. (weird answer) I shall contact them again today.

At about that same time time period, I also contacted a local authorized Yamaha Keyboard Dealer/Repair Store, who in turn contacted Yamaha.

Here is the Dealer/Repairs email reply to me:

Larry,
I checked with Yamaha and they mentioned that it could be a problem with the felts. They advised that I should open up the keyboard and check to see whether the keys are sitting correctly on the assembly.

This was May 13 2020 I will take him up on his offer to check it out, although, the felts could be the problem answer is a new one for us all. I will let him know of the "grease" problem before taking it in. I also want to be sure this is covered under warranty.

So I agree with the advise to first let your dealer know of the problem, and if they do repairs, they, the dealer should contact Yamaha about a fix and warranty coverage.

Hi Larry,

I do NOT think that in this case the problem are the (damper / key stopper) FELTS. You can test this relatively easily: If the keys are being pressed straight down (without exerting lateral pressure), and there is a clacky noise at the lower stop or when the keys are released (quickly), it could be due to the FELTS.

The clacky noises described here when the black keys (already in normal play) hit the side of the white keys next to them come, in my opinion, NOT from the felts, but either too little (or unsuitable) GREASE was used, or the keys have too much bearing gap due to a production / design error.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:29:08 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:22 PM »
Yes the problem is with the grease not felts and not all of the keyboards suffer with this. It is probably only on the first few batches that came out first. The Yamaha engineers should put this right with no trouble but with this awful virus things are not all working as fast as they should.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2020, 03:45:54 PM »
Hi Larry,

I do NOT think that in this case the problem are the (damper / key stopper) FELTS. You can test this relatively easily: If the keys are being pressed straight down (without exerting lateral pressure), and there is a clacky noise at the lower stop or when the keys are released (quickly), it could be due to the FELTS.

The clacky noises described here when the black keys (already in normal play) hit the side of the white keys next to them come, in my opinion, NOT from the felts, but either too little (or unsuitable) GREASE was used, or the keys have too much bearing gap due to a production / design error.
Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Actually that is the case on my sx-900 . A barely audible noise on black keys when pressed straight down. It's on the quick release of the black keys when I get the clack noise. However I get somewhat similar results with the white keys pressed straight down, although not as loud, (more of a muffled thump sound) leading to my conclusion opinion that the black keys have

1. Felt problems, possible, and fixable
2. Lack of greese, also possible and fixable
3. Design flaw, probable and may not be fixable.

If it's a manufacture design flaw in some, and not all SX-900 produced keyboard, Yamaha needs to replace the keybed or the keyboard itself. However, we will never really know for sure, until successful diagnosis and or repairs are reported, utilizing an official Yamaha Repair Dealer.

Has anyone actually had their SX-900 clack noise problem diagnosed at an official authorized Yamaha Repair/Dealer?
And curious if anyone actually had their black keys noise problem repaired and working without the clack noise?
I'm calling soon to make an appointment at the local Yamaha repair dealer to have him  evaluate my keyboard, but first, I want to be sure I have the backing of Yamaha and the warranty.

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline overover

« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
Hi Larry,

thanks for your detailed feedback!

The white and the black keys of the SX900 both use the same key felts (Upper Felt = red, Lower Felt = purple in the attached picture). Maybe the black keys slightly touch the vertical area below the Upper Felt (marked with a green arrow in the picture) when the key is released quickly (?)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:16:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Offline EileenL

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2020, 05:43:46 PM »
Yes I have. It went back to Yamaha approved service center and had grease replaced and is now silent got it back this morning. Excellent service and big thanks to Yamaha.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2020, 05:49:20 PM »
Thanks Chris and Eileen. Good to know there is a fix.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline samhodgsonpsr

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2020, 09:58:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

Though I would update you all on this 'clacky' key situation. My dealer promptly sent me a new PSR SX900 (this one was clearly re-boxed by Yamaha and had an EU plug modified for the UK included). After just a few days, the same problem has appeared. I am going to return the instrument once again and ask specifically for a repair this time. Hopefully this will actually rectify the fault for good. Unless I have had especially bad luck, I really do think this problem is more widespread than previously thought.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »
Oh no!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »
This is why I sent mine back for the grease to be changed. It is working like a dream now with no problems.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2020, 05:36:19 PM »
Mine is currently at a Yamaha Dealer/Repair shop, waiting for specific grease to arrive from Yamaha USA
The email response from the repairman:

Larry,
I heard back from Yamaha and they are shipping me the grease for the black keys. They did note that the new grease may make the key touch heavier at first, but as the grease fits in, it will become smooth.
I will let you know once I receive the grease and have finished the repairs.
Josh

Eileen, could you give an update on your repair please? Did you notice any difference in the touch, and has the noise returned at all? Thanks

I did direct both Yamaha and the shop to this forum topic, to help explain the problem and fix. Thanks EVERYONE for posting on this. 

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline EileenL

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
Hi Larry,
  Mine was fine and had been well tested before they delivered it back to me. Everything now fine.

The following users thanked this post: LaHawk

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »
I picked up my keyboard today from an official Yamaha Dealer/ Repair shop.
He removed the old grease (seemed thin) and applied the new grease  supplied from Yamaha (seemed thicker)
He wasn't 100% sure, but suspects wrong type of grease, not enough grease, or it was applied incorrectly at the factory

But anyway, it's working great with no noise, a "smooth" key action, and he said it should last for many, many years, like a new keyboard should.

Here is a link to Sam Hodgson's "Before" video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2NoQyn7VI&feature=emb_logo (hope that's OK Sam)
And my "After Grease" video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91bZ6yxdVk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:08:03 AM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Joe H

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
... I have filmed a video for my dealer that shows the problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2NoQyn7VI ...

I see a lot of side to side movement with the black keys.. Also someone said it's NOT the felt pads, but it sounds like the felt pads are not working nearly good enough.  Maybe they need to increase the size of the felt pads and a better fit on the black keys. In other words there is a need to improve the design for black keys... reduce the side to side play, increase the size of the felt pads, and use a better quality grease.

How could Yamaha have made such a mistake?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Enildo

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2020, 12:04:13 AM »
Hello friends!
Mine remains with the defect, getting worse every day.
Now the white keys are also beginning to appear with the noise.
Unfortunately, it seems that I will have to sue the consumer protection agencies. Yamaha Brasil is not giving due importance to the case.
I've already sent several emails, called, filled out a form on the site and they just ignore the problem.
If you are from Brazil and intend to buy one of these keyboards, be careful.

Enildo

Offline hans1966

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2020, 12:34:13 AM »
Hello Enildo, I contacted the authorized Yamaha technical service in Cali (Colombia) and my SX900 leaves this Tuesday afternoon for the maintenance workshop, there it will be determined if the problem is lack of grease or is something worse.

Regards.

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Enildo

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2020, 01:10:34 AM »
Hello Enildo, I contacted the authorized Yamaha technical service in Cali (Colombia) and my SX900 leaves this Tuesday afternoon for the maintenance workshop, there it will be determined if the problem is lack of grease or is something worse.

Regards.

Hans

Hi Hans!
I hope you have more luck with yamaha in Colombia, here in Brazil I cannot say the same.
I thought yamaha had a worldwide company policy, in terms of dealing with customers, but it seems that it changes from country to country.

Enildo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2020, 12:54:23 PM »
Having the new grease applied has stopped a lot of the side movement as well. You will always get a little side movement as the keys are not as close fitting as the white ones. This will also happen on Tyros and Genos keyboards if you make a point of gripping the note and moving it but that is not how we play a keyboard so dose not affect anything.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »
Hello Guys, since I have not yet recovered economically, I must postpone the shipment of my SX900 to the authorized Yamaha workshop, since this service is not within the warranty, and I must bear the costs of the material (grease) and maintenance. so I will have to continue with this problem until there is money to fix it.
The situation is increasingly difficult with Covid-19, and although I have some students for virtual classes, this is not enough to pay the costs of rent, internet, mobile telephony. hard work like serenades, masses, and social events, has been reduced by 95%.
I hope I will NOT have to sell my beautiful SX900 to pay off debt, and so I can survive.

regards

Hans
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:33:55 PM by hans1966 »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2020, 03:31:06 AM »
Hello Friends, I am very happy because you fixed my beautiful SX900.
luckily i got a good deal with yamaha service man.
so I already have a new keyboard , and I think for 5 or 6 more years.

what a bless. I couldn't imagine living without this precious machine.

Hello Enildo, I suggest you make a good deal with the technical service of yamaha brasil.

since this is not really serious damage and can be fixed.
I hope everything goes well friend.
Regards.

Hans

Offline Enildo

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2020, 11:18:18 PM »
Hello to everyone here on the forum!

I have good news: Yamaha contacted me to take my SX900 to technical assistance for repairing the noisy keys.
Upon arriving at the service, the technician informed me that Yamaha Brazil got in touch with Yamaha from Japan and decided to carry out the due repair.
The SX900 will remain in service until the "grease" arrives and the service will be performed.
I want to thank Yamaha for the attitude.
I complain when I have to complain, but I also know how to praise when it is necessary.

Back to the days of romance with Yamaha! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 11:31:13 PM by Enildo »

Offline overover

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2020, 11:44:52 PM »
Hello to everyone here on the forum!

I have good news: Yamaha contacted me to take my SX900 to technical assistance for repairing the noisy keys. Upon arriving at the service,
the technician informed me that Yamaha Brazil got in touch with Yamaha from Japan and decided to carry out the due repair.
The SX900 will remain in service until the "grease" arrives and the service will be performed.
I want to thank Yamaha for the attitude.
I complain when I have to complain, but I also know how to praise when it is necessary.

Back to the days of romance with Yamaha! ;D ;D ;D

Thank you, Enildo, for this report!

I'm happy that our close contact here in Germany with Yamaha Music Europe (based in Rellingen / Germany) has contributed to the fact that this "clacky keys" problem now will be fixed by Yamaha (also in other countries) on guarantee.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline EileenL

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2020, 10:32:12 PM »
Same here in UK. No problem.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2020, 01:13:26 AM »
Thank you, Enildo, for this report!

I'm happy that our close contact here in Germany with Yamaha Music Europe (based in Rellingen / Germany) has contributed to the fact that this "clacky keys" problem now will be fixed by Yamaha (also in other countries) on guarantee.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris!

I want to thank you for your efforts and that of others to bring this problem to Yamaha. I'm sure it was the effort of many.
Here in Brazil I did my part, contacting yamaha and putting my mouth on the trombone!

Hug!
Enildo

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »
I'm happy for you... good music Enildo... :)

Bene

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2020, 10:49:30 AM »
Hello,

I own my PSR SX900 for 2 months now and the black keys are clacking more and more every playsession. Especially the black keys that are pressed often in the middle of the board.

Is there any instruction how to open the keyboard and apply new grease. Any video out there. If I do it myself, I need a very good intruction, because I never did this before. Is there any link to original Yamaha grease (Buy).

Best regards
Bene

Offline EileenL

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
Always best to let Yamaha do it for you. If you damage the keyboard in any way whilst doing this it will void your warrantee.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2020, 06:27:48 PM »
Eileen is right!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline samhodgsonpsr

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2020, 04:45:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

I finally received my PSR SX900 back last week. Worryingly, after only a few days of usage, the black keys have started to 'clack' again (more noticeably in the fourth octave where I must play the most). Included in the box was a receipt from E&M Electronics Services, stating that the keys had been re-greased. Perhaps again the wrong type or amount of grease was used. I have now decided to raise this issue with Yamaha directly.

Best wishes, Sam