Author Topic: Style creator and the mixing console  (Read 2145 times)

Offline DerekA

Style creator and the mixing console
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
I posted an answer on another thread about this which made me wonder.

When using the Genos style creator, it seems that the only way to open the mixing console to adjust levels is to use DIRECT + (e.g.) section A. The assignable buttons don't operate, and there is no 'mixer' icon within the console. It seems to be an undocumented feature anyway.

It seems that you can only adjust one section at a time then you need to save the style. If I try to adjust more than one section at a time, it seems to keep edits in B and D but not in A and C.

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust e.g. volume for all parts within the style creator itself - I have to exit the creator and open the mixing console.

This seems like madness. Am I doing it all wrong??

Offline Misu

Re: Style creator and the mixing console
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:59:39 PM »
Hi Derek,

There is to ways to adjust a style (I have SX-970 but even the Korg works in the same way).
1. You can go in mixer and every parameter that you touch (vol, pan effect) will be modified for all parts at the same value; at the end you can co to style creator and save.
2. You can go in Style creator and after call the mixer and what you will modify will be modified only for that part (MainA), here don't touch the keys, you can use start stop to play the part, you can have access to another part pushing the button for Main B for example. 2 times Main A for Fill A. at the end exit from mixer and save.
Hope to help you.
Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:01:41 PM »
If you only want to adjust volumes across the whole style the best way is to adjust the volumes in the mixing  console whilst listening to the style playing and trying all the variations. If you are happy with your adjustments then go to style creator and without touching anything else press SAVE and select where you want it. Job Done.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:32:12 PM »
Hi Eileen

I'm mainly talking about adjusting individual sections.

Hi Misu

Answer 2 - Yes that's exactly what I'm wanting to do. However - Genos has changed things. On S970 (etc) you could press the Mixing Console button to adjust individual sections. That button does not exist on Genos. So I'm wondering what the best way to do it is on Genos. Also, it seems buggy in that changes to multiple sections at once are not saved.
Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
When in Style Creator you can get to Mixing Console to make individual section changes by pushing Direct Access followed by pushing the Ending 2 Button.

John