Author Topic: Let the SX900 inspires you: songwriting, composing and arranging demoed ....  (Read 2296 times)

Offline ton37

Hi Forummers,
just saw this vid on internet. Maybe it inspires you?

The subtitles are in German, pls. use autotranslate to your language.

Info:
The YAMAHA PSR-SX-900 makes it possible to use the chord looper to create chord sequences and use them for songwriting. The multi-pads can be used as memory for melody sketches, both in the area of MIDI and audio. The microphone input enables audio recordings with vocal effects and vocal harmony. New is the guitar input, which provides all amp simulations and really cool VCM effects. Let yourself be inspired by the possibilities of the SX-900
(By Thoralf Abgarjan, more interesting vids on his YT-channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZSnnXguIU8
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Stratcat

I have no idea how to auto translate on YouTube or even if it’s doable. I’d be so very happy to do it if it is possible.
There’s another guy whose tutorial videos are outstanding. But they are in German
Jim
Best Wishes,
Jim
PSR S970, PSR SX900, 1987 Strat+

Offline PhotoDoc05

Stratcat,  yes, it sure is doable. I recently found how to do this.

Click on the CC button to enable Closed Captioning.
Click on the cog wheel right next to it, to open a menu.
Click on the Subtitles/CC  --- it should already show "German, Auto generated"
Click on Auto-translate, and then the language.

Works quite well, but the translation can be hilarious at times!  Close enough to understand ;D 8)
Regards, Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline ton37

My best regards,
Ton

andorra

The cord looper is better a  publicity stunt more like an important improvements.  My opinion.

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline ton37

The cord looper is better a  publicity stunt more like an important improvements.  My opinion.
Ofcourse it is, the yamaha company is very good in publicity and marketing. Glad they also makes great keyboards too...  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EileenL

The chord looper can be very useful and was asked for by a lot of people. One thing is that you can record your style chords into it and it then leaves you two hands to play along with or change buttons
You can also press drum fills and breaks whilst playing it back and also select different styles as it plays to give you ideas of what sounds best.

andorra

A lot of people was asked for other things too. The Yamaha decided what he bring to effect one or more of these not the people.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 06:44:51 PM by andorra »

Offline kpblues

On the incorporation of the chord looper.
I thought Yamaha (and users who wanted it it) may have been inspired by Ed Sheeran's use of a loop machine which performs a similar function.
He is one of the successful artists on the planet so, if this is the case, Yamaha were responding to the latest musical developments
and ,as such, I think were right to incorporate it in their keyboards.

As an aside though Ed himself announced at his last concert* he is not going to be using his loop machine any more!
The machine itself was the subject of some controversy when Ed used it at Glastonbury Festival.
As a national event many who were watching on television were not familiar with Ed and assumed he was using a backing track and were not best pleased!
I even had to explain it people the next day at work in London.
As another aside Ed comes from near my home town and has an executive box at my hometown football club. His last concert was at the park where I played as a youngster and was about 200 yards from my mothers house (who I just happened to visit that weekend!) so was a bit emotional.

Kelvin
PS I realise this post may be long and a bit rambling.
Apologies - blame the lockdown!  :)