Author Topic: PSR SX 900 adding styles  (Read 3037 times)

ranger352

PSR SX 900 adding styles
« on: May 03, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »
I have downloaded Rikkis conversions, and have extracted them, loaded them onto USB stick. When I try to upload them I get a list of all the folders and that's as far as I get, when I touch a folder it just disappears. I have tried to find a step by step guide on how to install more files without success. I have added some Tyros files which the keyboard converts with no problems. As a newbie I would appreciate any help offered
regards
Mike

Offline EileenL

Re: PSR SX 900 adding styles
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »
When you open one of these folders on computer do you see a style inside. If you do are you pressing the style section before looking for these styles.

Offline overover

Re: PSR SX 900 adding styles
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »
Hi Mike,

on Yamaha keyboards, the File Selection displays are always "filtered". This means in the Style Selection display you can see only Styles, in the Registration Selection display only Registration files, and so on. (FOLDERS appear in ALL the File Selection displays, but if you are in the "wrong" section, a particular folder may be "empty".)

To open display Styles that are on a USB stick touch the Style section in the Main display > User > USB 1. Alternatively you can press one of the Style category buttons (and touch "User > USB1" then), or you can press "Expansion/User" button next to the Style category buttons.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:43:51 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)