Author Topic: How to add photo to profile  (Read 16166 times)

Offline bassgolf

How to add photo to profile
« on: May 01, 2020, 10:54:17 PM »
How do you add a photo to your profile? Is this the same as Avatar?
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: How to add photo to profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 11:08:21 PM »
Go to your Forum Profile and choose Add an avatar, and add the photo you want to use.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosguy85

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
Hi all.
I tried to upload a photo only to be told that it was to big and not a avator !!
What am I doing wrong?
Cheers
John.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
Hi all.
I tried to upload a photo only to be told that it was to big and not a avator !!
What am I doing wrong?
Cheers
John.

Hi John,

I guess, your picture file is simply too BIG. I don't know the maximal pixel size, but the standard avatars you can select from the gallery at "Personalized Picture" are only 70*70px. You should reduce the pixel size of your picture, e.g. in a graphics program on the computer, or use an online "Image Resize" service:

>>> https://resizeimage.net/

Edit:
.jpg format and 80*80px should work properly, but 100px could already be too much: ;)

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,54956.msg429108.html#msg429108

Best regards.
Chris
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:35:25 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: tyrosguy85

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
Hi John,

I guess, your picture file is simply too BIG. I don't know the maximal pixel size, but the standard avatars you can select from the gallery at "Personalized Picture" are only 70*70px. You should reduce the pixel size of your picture, e.g. in a graphics program on the computer, or use an online "Image Resize" service:

>>> https://resizeimage.net/

Edit:
.jpg format and 80*80px should work properly, but 100px could already be too much: ;)

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,54956.msg429108.html#msg429108

Best regards.
Chris

I have the same problem. My photo size is just 8kb.
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »
I have the same problem. My photo size is just 8kb.

It's not the file size, it's the "pixel size" (the number of pixels, horizontally x vertically).

Make sure that this "pixel size" is about 80 x 80 pixels. Use a graphics program or an online service as mentioned before.

To check the current number of pixels in Windows Explorer, right-click on your picture file and select "Properties > Details".

P.S.
On The problem that an avatar is not accepted is usually not the file size, but the number of pixels.

With 80*80 pixels it certainly works. Normally up to 90 pixels are possible. I recommend .jpg as the file format. But it should also work with .png or .gif, for example.

I suspect your picture is (much) larger than the number of pixels mentioned. Please try to resize the picture to around 80*80, maximum 90*90 pixels. You can do this in a suitable photo editor program or on a website like >>> picresize.com:

Best regards,
Chris

Edit: Link changed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 09:53:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 08:10:00 PM »
OK, I tried resizing the pixels to 70 X 96 but still didn't work. Just ended up using a flag avatar.

bassgolf
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 08:17:13 PM »
OK, I tried resizing the pixels to 70 X 96 but still didn't work. Just ended up using a flag avatar.

bassgolf

Probably the 96 px are still too much. You could try one last time with 58 x 80 px. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:18:57 PM by overover »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 08:29:40 PM »
I frequently receive requests from members to modify their photos and update their profiles.  As Chris said; "It's not the file size, it's the "pixel size" (the number of pixels, horizontally x vertically)."

Depending upon the files that members send me, I've modified their original files in various ways.  Some samples are as follows: (90 x 76)...(90 x 67)...(80 x 80)...(70 x 80)...(64 x 80)...(59 x 80).

If anyone is still having trouble uploading an Avatar to their Forum Profile, after reading this information, please email me with a request to add an Avatar to your Forum Profile and attach the photo you would like to use to your email.  I will return the original photo and the modified photo to you for your archives.  You may find my email address by viewing my Forum Profile.

I hope this helps you.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 12:12:36 AM »
Probably the 96 px are still too much. You could try one last time with 58 x 80 px. :)

Yup!! That was the ticket. Resized under 80 pixels.

Thanks!
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Brython

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 06:23:42 PM »
Thanks everyone, I was able to add my photo thanks to this thread

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
No that we have enough space maybe this restriction could be changed?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page