Author Topic: 3 right hand voices  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Stratcat

3 right hand voices
« on: April 29, 2020, 07:31:15 PM »
Hi all,
I’m now considering replacing my S970 with the newer SX900.
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere and have been wondering with the SX having 3 upper right voices does it also have an extra split zone like the Tyros/Genos? Or is it limited to just the 2 zones like previous PSR’s?
Thank you
Jim
P.S. is anyone in the states looking to sell their SX900?
Best Wishes,
Jim
PSR SX900, Genos 1, 1987 Strat+

Offline Telmo

Re: 3 right hand voices
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
Hi all,
I’m now considering replacing my S970 with the newer SX900.
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere and have been wondering with the SX having 3 upper right voices does it also have an extra split zone like the Tyros/Genos? Or is it limited to just the 2 zones like previous PSR’s?
Thank you
Jim
P.S. is anyone in the states looking to sell their SX900?
Yeah, the split zone works just like on Tyros.
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 10:42:14 PM »
Hi Jim,

if you plan to buy the SX900, I recommend downloading the manuals (Owner's Manual, Reference Manual and Data List). There is a lot to discover in it! :)

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

I attached a picture of the split point setting options on the SX900. As already mentioned by Telmo, it's like Tyros models (and Genos). Of course, all three Right Parts can also be layered (if you don't set up a separate keyboard area for Right 3).

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Stratcat

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:47:19 PM »
Thank you guys,
That’s good news. I was hoping and pretty much thought that was the case.
And now you’ve verified it for me. Yes, I will d’load and peruse the manuals for sure.
Good advice
Not completely positive if I’ll be upgrading soon to the SX or save some more and wait for the next Genos. Can’t decide.
I’d like having the built in speakers but then the Genos has so much more that I’d like to have as well.
Would love an SX with the assignable drawbars and then the SA2 voices etc etc.
Jim

Best Wishes,
Jim
PSR SX900, Genos 1, 1987 Strat+