Author Topic: YEM "Waveform data exceeds the limit" Help!!  (Read 2244 times)

Offline chony

YEM "Waveform data exceeds the limit" Help!!
« on: April 22, 2020, 05:55:11 AM »
I have a ton of custom styles that I have made on my own, and one of the main methods I use is slicing (REX files). I just made a new package of styles and just ran into this horrific message when saving my pack installation file:

"Total amount of User Waveform data exceeds the limit. Please reduce the number of selected Voices"

Does anyone know what this number is or any way to get around it. It would really mean a lot to me if I could figure this out. (To be clear this is not a space problem - I still have 350mb of space free.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 06:00:59 AM by chony »

Offline overover

Re: YEM "Waveform data exceeds the limit" Help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:22:43 AM »
I have a ton of custom styles that I have made on my own, and one of the main methods I use is slicing (REX files). I just made a new package of styles and just ran into this horrific message when saving my pack installation file:

"Total amount of User Waveform data exceeds the limit. Please reduce the number of selected Voices" ...

Hi chony,

unfortunately, this is a wellknown problem, especially if you work with many Expansion Drum voices or REX file-based voices.

Our forum member Vali (valimaties) may be able to help you with this problem. He developed a PC program called "YEM Content Explorer" (YEM-CE). This program can be used to delete "empty" waveforms inside the YEM (which are probably created by a  bug in YEM).  As far I know, these numerous empty waveforms are mainly responsible for this problem.

The best thing to do is contact Vali.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,53624.0.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:24:17 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline chony

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »
Holy cow, I just discovered this thread that deals with this: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,53138.0.html
(Thanks google!)

Ok. I read through much of it. Do I understand this correctly:

If I download Vali's program, I will be able to delete the empty waveforms in his program?
I'm pretty sure Vali writes that his program is just a shell and does not actually edit the data.
So which is it?

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »
... Ok. I read through much of it. Do I understand this correctly:

If I download Vali's program, I will be able to delete the empty waveforms in his program?
I'm pretty sure Vali writes that his program is just a shell and does not actually edit the data.
So which is it?

The "YEM-CE" (current Version 2.1.1) has many features / options. The program uses the original User data of the YEM. Therefore, you can either work with the YEM or with the YEM-CE. (The respective other program must be closed.)

With the YEM-CE you can backup your original YEM data, and you can work with several YEM data instances. You can, for example, manage the installation data for several keyboards separately or additionally manage one or more Test instances of YEM data.

Please click on the link in my previous post first. Then click on the RED link "History and Downloads" in the first post of the thread "YEM Content Explorer v2". This opens Vali's website, and you can download the "YEM-CE" V1.2.2 there. :)

Vali is currently working on a upcoming BIG update of the YEM-CE. For details, as mentioned, please contact Vali directly.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:38:25 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline chony

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »
Just as I feared - not available for Mac. :-(

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »
Just as I feared - not available for Mac. :-(

Sorry for this inconvenient!

It's not my fault Mac is from another planet  ;D ;D (joke) I will try to make it run on Mac, too!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos