Author Topic: Registration Memory with pdf.  (Read 4194 times)

Offline GUILLERMO

Registration Memory with pdf.
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:32 AM »

Hello, I need help, I have many registration memories to which I would like to add a small pdf file to guide me. I don't know how to do it, how is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Memory with pdf.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:15:44 AM »
Hello, I need help, I have many registration memories to which I would like to add a small pdf file to guide me. I don't know how to do it, how is it possible? Thanks in advance.

It’s not possible. You can memorize txt files, but not PDFs.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: GUILLERMO

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:33 AM »
You should READ the manual of your keyboard.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:34:02 AM »
You should READ the manual of your keyboard.

That was unnecessary, Teknoss.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »
... I have many registration memories to which I would like to add a small pdf file to guide me. I don't know how to do it, how is it possible? ...

It’s not possible. You can memorize txt files, but not PDFs.

Hi GUILLERMO,

in addition to Fred's post:

For details about using / displaying Text files (.txt), please refer to the Genos Owner's Manual (page 84, "Displaying Text") and also to the Genos Reference Manual (page 70, "Displaying Text and Setting Up the Display").

You can download the latest versions (they have "g0" in their file names) of the Genos Manuals here:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

To memorize the currently loaded .txt file to a Registration, be sure to have ticked the "Text" check box in the "Registration Memory" window (after pressing the [Memory] button).

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:58:11 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline GUILLERMO

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »
Hello, thank you very much for the information, I have solved my problem, wrongly saving the file as docx. not like txt. Now enjoy it! Thank you!

Offline Runner4Fun

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 12:31:13 PM »
Hi Guillermo,
there is a possibility you should know.
I personally use the Software "OpenText", you find it here:
https://psrtutorial.com/MB/opentext.html
But it is necessary, to have an additional equipment: an additional screenflat monitor.
After installation of the software on your PC or notebook and other minor prerequisites with the program and your keyboard itself (details in the manual of the SW OpenText) you can link your registration banks with the sheetmusic PDF (or others) you are working and song playing with.
If you activate a registration bank on button 1 the SW Opentext opens the PDF on the screen.
It is a great SW and I am very happy with this solution.
Many Thanks to Michael Bedesem & Etienne Volbragt for their outstanding work for the keyboarder community !!! Great !
Klaus
Best Regards
Klaus
... with his Genos2

The following users thanked this post: Ray, GUILLERMO