Author Topic: BUG : Portamento on new note ? even after last key is released ? :(  (Read 1757 times)

Live Musician Newbie

Thank admins for letting me into this forum.

I have just started exploring my PSR S975

Step 1 - Choose voice ... Flute Ensemble [ under .. Woodwinds >> P3 ]
Turn Mono On, Portamento to Normal / Legato doesn't matter
Portamento Time : Set it to above 50 .. say 73

Hit a higher note key say C4 key and release it. now press C2 key (Two octaves below)
There is no portamento .. EXPECTED

Now try the same with .. Alto Flute Same location as above [Woodwinds >> P3 Alto Flute]
Choose Alto Flute, Set it to Mono and type doesn't matter Portamento Time to something > 50
- Hit a higher note key say C4 key and release it.
- WAIT 10 SECONDS or even a Minute or an hour doesn't matter.
- PRESS a lower octave key say C2 key (Two octaves below)

PROBLEM - Portamento is applied to the last key RELEASED i.e. from C4 to C2 even after C4 is released.
Looks like "Portamento" is remembering the last note released for some of the voices.
This is happening to 90% of the voices that we chose to play and affecting our real time play'ability with portamento, we have kept 3 PSR's on hold.

Whats even frustrating is that, Portamento is even is applied to a new note
- Say you Press the C2 Key with Flute Ensemble and release it
- Now without pressing any key, switch to Alto Flute and apply Mono, Mono Type and Portamento Time greater than 50
- Now press C5 key.
It remembers the C2 Key pressed in the previous voice and applies a portamento from C2 to C5.
This looks like a bug as no sane sound designer would want portamento on a new key.
I tried fiddling around the decay / Release Turning Touch Response off of no avail.

Please try the above before giving a solution.

Also a follow up question
If I create a new voice using YEM, how to see that the above problem never happens ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:15:23 AM by Live Musician Newbie »

Offline alanclare

Re: BUG : Portamento on new note ? even after last key is released ? :(
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 07:43:42 AM »
The s970 has Portamento, and I have to admit that in four years of ownership, until I read this post I was unaware of its existence. This machine never fails to amaze me.

Alan