Author Topic: Recording on SX900  (Read 1866 times)

Offline faddario

Recording on SX900
« on: August 06, 2021, 07:50:28 PM »
I have mp3 backing tracks. I would like to record the backing tracks and then add vocals and perhaps other instrument voices. I can't seem to record the mp3 in Quick, Audio or Multi. Any help?

Thanks

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Recording on SX900
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 10:42:34 PM »
The PSRs series are 2 track audio, which means you can't record on top of an existing mp3 per se (nor can you play back an audio style using the 2 tracks and then record audio simultaneously). Only the Genos, Tyros, and CSP's are designed with 4 track audio in mind (& the ability to 'ping pong', or bounce digital audio indefinitely)

However, there *is* a workaround of sorts: you can put your mp3 on you cell phone/iPod, play it back through the bluetooth audio and then record onto a USB stick or the user drive area (there's 4GB or so for audio recording).

I haven't actually tried this on the sx series, but I've done it on a couple of other bluetooth enabled models and it works.

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 04:17:25 AM »
I haven't actually tried this on the sx series, but I've done it on a couple of other bluetooth enabled models and it works         can i know witch model u used Bluetooth enabled model.. let me know please
clifford leo dsouza
cliffordleo

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 12:07:05 PM »
Just get the free Audacity program to mix your mp3 files.

Play your mp3 track on your pc and then record you play-a-long new track on your keyboard.
Take the new track and import it into Audacity and mix the two track together.
You can add as many new track as you want.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 06:28:27 PM »
I've done it on the DGX670, N1x as I described