Author Topic: FC7 - What am I doing wrong!  (Read 2392 times)

Offline rapaz

FC7 - What am I doing wrong!
« on: February 23, 2022, 01:08:59 AM »
What am I doing wrong! I’m trying to connect an FC7 pedal to control the keyboard volume. 

Step by step here’s what I'm doing -

1 power up the keyboard - brings up home screen
2. call up the Menu
3  call up assignable
4 goto footpedals
5 goto 1Part On/Off - tap twice
6 brings up foot pedal one
7 tap twice  brings up category
8 goto page 1 select voice
9 goto function - change to volume

At this point, the pedal works as it is supposed to (Polarity set)

BUT ---- when I call up any of my panel registrations (120+ playlist settings) Pedal stops working.

I’ve tried turning Freeze on to force a global setting - When I power down the settings go away.

I must be missing something -  Years ago when I got involved with the Forum, things didn’t seem so complicated. I have a terminal condition called AGE. I think that may be part of my problem!

Any help will be appreciated.

rapaz aka Richard Peck

Digital Gee

Re: FC7 - What am I doing wrong!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 02:11:10 AM »
I can't resolve your issue, but I can empathize. When I to my SX900, I found that my Korg pedal, which worked perfectly on the Korg, wouldn't work at all on the Yamaha. Which is weird - it's just a switch. I bought the Yamaha equivalent pedal, and it worked just fine. Still can't explain that, but that's what happened. You may need to replace the pedal.

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »
What am I doing wrong! I’m trying to connect an FC7 pedal to control the keyboard

BUT ---- when I call up any of my panel registrations (120+ playlist settings) Pedal stops working.

I’ve tried turning Freeze on to force a global setting - When I power down the settings go away.

I must be missing something -  Years ago when I got involved with the Forum, things didn’t seem so complicated. I have a terminal condition called AGE. I think that may be part of my problem!

Any help will be appreciated.

rapaz aka Richard Peck

Richard

You have really answered your own question.  It is the registrations which are reverting back to your original setting.  You need to modify them. Also the freeze button will only freeze the features that you have asked to freeze, you need to include the pedal in the parameters section.  You should set up a startup registration with thing set up correctly, and activate this Reg after power on.

Bill

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:38:52 AM »
Rapaz,

You need to memorize the new pedal setting into each registration. Your existing registrations are changing your settings  back before you had a pedal. You may also want to make a startup registration so when you turn on the keyboard you can go to your startup registration and it will set you pedal up and anything other setting you want to save. You can have different  settings for that pedal in all registrations, like  pitch bend.

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 07:17:35 PM »
Make sure you're plugging the FC7 into socket #2. The default setting for that socket should be Volume - it is on my S970 and I can't see why Yamaha would have changed it.

If it is the default, you shouldn't have to change anything for the volume pedal to work.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Denn

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 09:09:29 PM »
I have just posted this as I had the same problems. Spent hours trying to sort it.
1 Menu
2 Registration Freeze
3 Tick the pedal square (and anything else you want.)
4 Exit.
That is basically the global settings.
Have fun.
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 03:31:56 AM »
I have just posted this as I had the same problems. Spent hours trying to sort it.
1 Menu
2 Registration Freeze
3 Tick the pedal square (and anything else you want.)
4 Exit.
That is basically the global settings.
Have fun.
Regards, Denn.

You forgot to say, for this to work, you must have the Freeze button on. And for it to work as a global setting, you need to have Freeze on all the time. Which means that you can't use it for much else.

The real solution is, when you have registrations that don't do what you want (eg, they are changing pedal settings when you don't want them to), then fix the registrations. That's a permanent solution.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 08:19:26 AM »
One main thing in Yamaha keys.

1.just make GLOBAL Start Registrations with things never change on Song registrations.
(Line out, Assignables, Controllers ...)
2.Register on Song regs only what have to change from song to song.
(for Style players e.g. Voice, Style, Temp .. maybe (only when used) multipage, harmony..  )

that is it.

So if you change your wishes on pedals or vocal harmony  .. or  whatever ... you just had to change your 1-3 START Registrations...

All other users had to change hundreds of songregs year for year ( I can recognize the total registration users in 2 seconds .. looking on the memory button .. on tyros no color .. on the others rounded plastic .. :-)  )

For sure a "quick" help can be freeze .. but we only have one freeze definition with ohne freeze button ...

Main Problem is that nobody can see what is inside the selected Registration ...... a fault since 20 years ...
see my solution :https://yamahapk.ideascale.com/c/idea/284976

greetings frank  .. recommended total registrations 20 years ago .. but after customers almost lost her life (more time to register, than to play) ... I learned to save less as possible......

PS: And yes, mistakes can be removed with murrays best YRM Editor ...
PPS: To go to switch menu just press DIRECT ACCESS and the PEDAL ...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 08:21:03 AM by frankmusik »
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 01:25:58 AM »
My Swell pedal suddenly stopped working. I have 14 playlists that I put together years ago. After being away from the board for several years I've forgotten how to get the volume working again. I'm sure I messed up something trying to resurrect my failing memory. Your words of wisdom will be appreciated. I have this terminal condition AGE. It started out with TMB (too many birthdays). Thank you in advance.

Richard Peck

Richard Peck (rapaz) sent me a PM (private message) with this request.

Hi Richard,

Registrations can change Pedal settings at any time. This also applies to Playlists, as they are based on Registrations. Basically there are two options:

Option 1: You use one or more so-called Setup Registrations to make the Pedal settings (and possibly other preferred settings). For all other Registrations, make sure that these settings (e.g. Pedal settings) are NOT memorized.

If you are not sure that none of your other Registrations contain (different) Pedal settings, you could use FREEZE:

- Make sure the FREEZE button is turned OFF.
- Press "Direct Access > FREEZE" to enter Freeze settings.
- Make sure only "Pedal" is ticked. Then press EXIT to close the Freeze display. This will automatically save the Freeze settings you made.
- Make the desired Pedal settings (e.g. by calling up a Setup Registration that contains the desired Pedal settings).
- Turn FREEZE button ON. Now (in the current session) the current Pedal settings can no longer be changed via Registrations / Playlists.
- Important: To load other Pedal settings via another Setup Registration, you would need to temporarily turn FREEZE OFF and then immediately turn it back ON.

Option 2: Make sure that the desired Pedal settings are memorized in ALL of your Registrations. This option is better if you play with several/many different Pedal settings.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 02:09:32 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 09:34:37 AM »
I have a set of registrations which *only* set up the assignments, pedals etc as I want them. So if a registration ever knocks them out (usually from a third party) then I can easily set them back without changing any other part of the setup.
Genos