Author Topic: Where is my song?  (Read 2863 times)

norrimac

Where is my song?
« on: April 19, 2020, 12:16:03 PM »
Hi troops,

Probably a daft question, but it's puzzling me...

When I record a song using Song recording (not audio) I get a message to save the song. Bit no option appears as to where  to save it.

When I hit 'play' it's there but I can't see the actual recorded file. Any clues please?

Thanks in advance,

Norm.

Offline EileenL

Re: Where is my song?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 01:01:30 PM »
With a midi recording you need to press the song button A to get to the save and naming of the song and then choose where you want to save it. I always saved mine to Hard Drive.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
Hello Norm

You may wish to try this.

After recording something that message just comes up to serve as a reminder that if you don't do something soon your work is going to go down the drain. So clear the message by pressing exit and do the following;

Tab over to user file. Your work is there temporarily but you can't see it.At the bottom make sure you have the proper menu showing. Then push save. New Song should show up at the bottom.. Rename it to say .New Song -1, as an an example. Save again and it will appear in the user tab.

I'm using tyros 5. and this is how I do it..I do not know what board you have but you could probable adapt these suggestions to any board

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

norrimac

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 01:36:43 PM »
With a midi recording you need to press the song button A to get to the save and naming of the song and then choose where you want to save it. I always saved mine to Hard Drive.

Thanks Eileen, appreciated! I just tried to save it to the HD but I get the message -

SERIAL COPY PROTECTION ENABLED!

I used a style in the Ballroom section called 'Jive'. Is that why?

norrimac

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
Ron in Syrup-land! Many thanks for that. Both your and Eileen's route solved that one.

Norm.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »
Norm

LOL   I've never heard of Canada referred to as Syrupland.

Thanks for that and I'm glad you settled your recording issue

Be safe

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

norrimac

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
Yeah, I stand in awe of your maple syrup.

Along with pancakes, of course.

Heart attack and aneurisms on a plate right there!  Definitely limited intake at my age.

What sort of stuff do you prefer to play Ron?  You a swing man?

Online overover

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 07:50:25 PM »
... I just tried to save it to the HD but I get the message -

SERIAL COPY PROTECTION ENABLED!

I used a style in the Ballroom section called 'Jive'. Is that why?

Hi Norm,

BEFORE you make a new MIDI recording, be sure to have pressed Song [REC] and [STOP] buttons simultaneously. This initalizes the internal Song RAM, and a blank Song for recording is automatically set. (Next to the [A] button, "NewSong" is shown then.)

The "Copy Protection" issue occurs when you have played back an internal Demo Song (from the Preset tab) or another copy protected MIDI file before, and then directly make your own MIDI recording without intializing the Song RAM by pressing [REC]+[STOP]. In this special case, your new recorded Song can be saved in the internal USER drive, but you can NOT save or copy that file on the HD or on external media (USB sticks).

P.S.
If you don't see the SAVE button in the Song Selection display, press the lower "8" button to bring up "MENU 2".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:54:53 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline RONBO

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »
Hello again Norm,

Yes I agree with you regarding maple syrup.. I am fortunate to have an ample supply, here in Ontario... But this year- who knows if we will be getting more, considering the coronavirus.

I play all genres of music.    Mostly from fake books and sheet music that I get here on the forum..
I  have a huge stack of music books that have accumulated on my shelves over five decades. I open a book and just start site reading til I've played it all.. that's how I practice, by site reading ,not memorizing a thing.. Playing by ear would be great, but I can't seem to do that.

Sorry, maybe this is more that you want to hear.

stay safe

regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »
Ron, off topic! I see that you have had the PSR 2100. I still have mine😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline RONBO

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »
Toril.

NO Problem

that was my first Yammie. After wearing out three big organs, I made the decision to buy the latest and greatest, a 2100

I love it. but after a time the mother board corrupted or whatever..
I loved the hard buttons especially..  thats why I eventually went with tyros 4 and 5

To me the 2100 was the best board quality wise

Keep yours as long as you can

regards

and stay safe

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

norrimac

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 07:15:40 AM »
Chris OVEROVER,

Brilliant, thanks. That's been getting right up my nose from day 1.

Cheers, Norm.