Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Rhythm Stop

(1/4) > >>

Colin D:
Hi Folks,

I have a question about stopping Rhythm when playing by selecting the next registration.  In one of my songs I'm playing  in Registration 1, then when I select Registration 2, I have the rhythm stopped, or so it seems.  Then when I proceed to select registration 3 to re start the rhythm and play on I find I have to wait because the Stopped registration in Reg-2 is still running in the back ground and then re starts on the down beat. 

Is there a way to force a stop, but keep the left hand chord playing, and the rhythm re starts on playing a new chord on the left? - I know there is a tempo reset, can this be tagged to a registration?

Many thanks

Colin

vanzee:
Wouldn't that work by muting the rhytm instead of stopping ?
and store this in a registration.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Niceonetidy on April 17, 2020, 04:26:56 PM ---I have a question about stopping Rhythm when playing by selecting the next registration.  In one of my songs I'm playing  in Registration 1, then when I select Registration 2, I have the rhythm stopped, or so it seems.  Then when I proceed to select registration 3 to re start the rhythm and play on I find I have to wait because the Stopped registration in Reg-2 is still running in the back ground and then re starts on the down beat. 

Is there a way to force a stop, but keep the left hand chord playing, and the rhythm re starts on playing a new chord on the left? - I know there is a tempo reset, can this be tagged to a registration?

--- End quote ---

You can't store a tempo reset in a registration.

I think Eddy has the best idea -- just mute the style in Reg2.

Cheers,
Fred

Colin D:

--- Quote from: vanzee on April 17, 2020, 04:40:22 PM ---Wouldn't that work by muting the rhytm instead of stopping ?
and store this in a registration.

--- End quote ---

Hi Eddy,

Thank you for the suggestion,  May I ask how to mute the style please?

Kind Regards

Colin

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Niceonetidy on April 17, 2020, 05:35:27 PM ---
Thank you for the suggestion,  May I ask how to mute the style please?

--- End quote ---

1. Load your registration (R2)
2. Go to the Mixer, Pan/Volume, set the style to 0.
3. Memorize your registration.

Don't be surprised that once you see the mixer, it's amazing the stuff you can do.

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version