Author Topic: SX900 Registrations won't work on Genos  (Read 4639 times)

Offline frozzers

SX900 Registrations won't work on Genos
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »
Can anyone help me with some SX900 registrations I've downloaded (from somewhere I don't remember) which I've tried to load into my Genos.

I get the message 'Data has not been loaded properly'.

I've had a look at them in Yamaha Registration Manager but I can't see anything there that suggests they shouldn't load. I've converted them to Genos 2.0 but still no luck. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm sure they worked when I originally got them but I've done some file restructuring recently and perhaps that's why they now don't work.

Grateful for any assistance.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiisGbr-EaJagqUXM7QsBcVe7599xA?e=LsQLd9

Cheers

Chris

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Offline ckobu

Re: SX900 Registrations won't work on Genos
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »
You are not mistaken, Registrations from sx900 do not go to Genos. My advice is not to bother with this, because if you make a conversion (YRM) and the registration goes to Genos, there can be problems. These are my pictures, I had to reset the genos to get it back to normal.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:15:19 AM »
Hi Chris

Interestingly you posted those Registrations way back in Jan 2019,  however please see the converted ones below.

Reg deleted due to SX900 corruption.

Bill

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:15:54 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 11:22:12 AM »
Hi Ckobu

I do not think the problem you have is related to the SX900 Registrations.

I have the same problem as you, and my thinking is that it is a software (OS) problem. At least I hope it is, otherwise the only other cause that comes to mind is the Aux Display circuit board.  I will post a pic once I have reduced the size suitable for posting here.

Bill
England

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
Hi Bill

It is only associated with the Registration created in the SX900. I activated it and what you see in the picture happened.
I had to restart the keyboard and then reset it to make sure everything was still fine.
You can try it if you like.

https://app.box.com/s/opmq01k4hpqbx54c3bf69hoeo0wj3e21
Watch my video channel

Offline frozzers

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 12:31:48 PM »
Hi Bill

Thanks for uploading the registrations. They work a treat.

I'm puzzled though as to what you did to make them work. They look the same in YRM as they did when they didn't work. Any clues?

Also, I don't think it was me that posted them in January 2019. I've had a look back through my posts around then and can't find anything. Are you sure it was definitely me? Interestingly, the SX900 didn't come out until October 2019.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 02:58:42 PM »
Hi Ckobu

My aux. Display plays up like yours. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe others can comment on it after they have downloaded your reg.

Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]
England

Offline Bill

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 03:15:10 PM »
Hi Again Ckobu

I have tried your registration and totally agree with you.  As soon as I load the reg, the screen is corrupted.

I'm not sure who to report it to, Yamaha Tech Support are not in their office during the pandemic.

Bill
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:25:30 PM by Bill »
England

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »
As with all Yamaha keyboards you can  not load things from a new keyboard into an older one but you can load things from older keyboards into new ones. When I upload my SX900 registrations on my forum I always tell folks that they are only for that keyboard.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »
Murray Best provided a "patch" for his Registration Manager program that allows Genos and sx900 users to access the program. Has anyone tried the patch to see if you can convert Sx900 registrations to use on the Genos?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline murrayb

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 09:17:25 PM »
Hi Folks:

I did some testing with this registration and the results are thus:

The registration initially seem to load fine, but selecting a second bank and button and the screen showed the same results as noted above, headings distorted and a portion with a blank screen.

I used YRM to remove the Live Control  and Assignable Button sections of the registration, reset the keyboard and tried again and the registration loaded fine.

There is something wrong with either the Live Control or Assignable Buttons settings within this registration bank. 

Each registration button now contains 15 sections for Live Control and one for Assignable Buttons along with 36 sections to contain Optional Screen Headings for the Live Control.  There is a very large amount of data in these sections, and I suspect that there is something wrong somewhere in one or more of the sections.

SX900 and CVP809 are using the exact same registration format saved data.  SX900 has two LC Knobs and no Sliders, but the data for these items are saved in the registration. CVP809 has no Live Control at all but the 52 sections of the registration are created.

My advice would be if you are using YRM to convert SX900 or CVP809 registrations for use on the Genos, use the YRM Duplicator to remove the Live Control and Assignable Button sections from the registration before performing the conversion.

Cheers,

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline frozzers

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 09:35:48 PM »
Brilliant!

Thanks Murray.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Bill

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »
Many thanks Murray.

Your work is really appreciated.

Bill
England

Offline murrayb

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 12:40:11 AM »
Hi Folks:

I've discovered what appears to be the source of the problem with this registration. 

New sections added to the each registration button since Genos 2.0 lets you Rename the Knob and Slider value shown on the screen.

The Genos allows a 9 character Rename.

It appears that the SX900 Knobs in this registration have 12 character Rename values. 

The three extra characters in each section of the two active knobs from the SX900 likely caused the output error on the Genos as the o/s didn't know what to do with the extra data. 

Since this appears to be the source of the problem, if you are converting from SX900 or SX700 to Genos, you'll need to remove the Live Control section of the registration for it to operate correctly.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html