Author Topic: Saving songs  (Read 1751 times)

Senn5

Saving songs
« on: April 14, 2020, 03:39:04 AM »
Still getting used to this amazing little keyboard, but I think I made a boo boo...:(
So I recorded a song using a particlular style and saved it as a midi file. I can recall it and play it using the player function, but how do I get it back WITH the style so I can edit/add a few things?
Should I have saved it in a registration or something? Is there a way to get it back to load with the style I used and carry on from there because I can't find a way to do that?
Thanks in advance for your help .

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving songs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 05:08:17 AM »
Still getting used to this amazing little keyboard, but I think I made a boo boo...:(
So I recorded a song using a particlular style and saved it as a midi file. I can recall it and play it using the player function, but how do I get it back WITH the style so I can edit/add a few things?
Should I have saved it in a registration or something? Is there a way to get it back to load with the style I used and carry on from there because I can't find a way to do that?
Thanks in advance for your help .

If you mean you want the style loaded when you play the midi, then, yes, you would have to do that with a registration.

Or, just load the style yourself.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:08:28 AM »
If the style you used when creating the MIDI is a preset style, it should load when you call up the MIDI. But if it is a user style you will have to use registrations.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 03:39:55 PM »
Select your recorded Midi and go to song creator. Select Multi Track and then you will see all the tracks recorded including the Style. Press Step Record to edit any or record if you are adding a track. ont forget to re-save after altering.

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Senn5

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 03:47:51 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Much appreciated...:)
Yes EileenL, your reply worked perfectly, can't believe I didn't see that from the start.

Again, thanks and everyone stay healthy and safe.