Author Topic: Erase the song from the memory after audio quick recording  (Read 4507 times)

andorra

Erase the song from the memory after audio quick recording
« on: March 21, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
I'v made a 90sec recording in wav and saved it to USB. The instrument don't allow me to make an other one recording, becouse this recording is still in the memory, I think so, anyway.
How can you erase the song from the memory to make an other one recording without switch off and on the instrument?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:17:56 AM by andorra »

andorra

Re: Erase the song from the memory after audio quick recording
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 02:10:36 PM »
Maybee, it's a completely different problem. I switched off and on the instrument. I'm choosing the Audio Quick Recording and  the error message is: "This function is not aviable now"  However the midi quick recording works.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:41:08 PM »
I did a test and the SX900 records normally. I just hit the "Rec" button and then the "Play / Pause" button to start the new recordings, in ".wav" or "mp3" and the recordings proceed normally, in sequence and without any problem.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:05:03 PM »
Hi andorra,
look at the pages 116 & 117 of the Owner's manual.

https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/c/0/3/6/0fa96ec9b1a408f87e89bbd553f5cc279645.pdf

Maybe if your audio redording is set to record on the usb stick, the instrument is having trouble to read the usb stick properly.
Sometimes not all usb sticks work well on Yamaha keyboards.
Have you done a format of the usb on the keyboard?

You can try also another usb if you have got one.

You can find the list with recommended usb sticks  here, if you keep having troubles with the ones you have.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html

The midi recording is saved on user
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:06:37 PM by panos »

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:40 PM »
I know on the CVP you can only record audio to a USB memory. So unless the USB is short of space this does not arise. I think several of the keyboards are like this unless they have hard drives with a lot of memory, like the tyros. What keyboard are you using?
Mike

Offline Ingar

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
I'v made a 90sec recording in wav and saved it to USB. The instrument don't allow me to make an other one recording, becouse this recording is still in the memory, I think so, anyway.
How can you erase the song from the memory to make an other one recording without switch off and on the instrument?
You have to leave the recording modus and then opend the saved file in user. There you can delete it if you want to, or give it a new name.
Regards Ingar
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:25:42 PM by Ingar »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
Hi andorra,
look at the pages 116 & 117 of the Owner's manual.

https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/c/0/3/6/0fa96ec9b1a408f87e89bbd553f5cc279645.pdf

Maybe if your audio redording is set to record on the usb stick, the instrument is having trouble to read the usb stick properly.
Sometimes not all usb sticks work well on Yamaha keyboards.
Have you done a format of the usb on the keyboard?

You can try also another usb if you have got one.

You can find the list with recommended usb sticks  here, if you keep having troubles with the ones you have.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html

The midi recording is saved on user

You may be right Panos.
Change the recording location from USB1 to USER (Audio Quick Recording / Menu / Setting) and try again.
When word fail, Music speaks!

andorra

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 05:45:53 PM »
Thank you all!  I think it must be a hardware problem.

andorra

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 08:00:37 AM »
I found the answer yesterday. I'v formatted the user memory, it solved the problem.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 12:32:46 AM »
Audio recording on the SX series are saved onto USB stick. Turn recording off and exit to home page.
 Delete from USB if you do not want to keep it. Now you can go back to recorder and record a fresh song.

andorra

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
Eileen,  right, but there were other problems too. Turns out they are related to this user memory problem. I couldnt use expanded styles from the memory. ("File name incorporated or not exist".) The two problems was related to each other. It wasnt an USB problem.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:26:39 AM by andorra »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »
Remember that you only have 4Gb of user memory on the SX900 and less on the SX700. This soon gets used up if trying to save WAV recordings to it. That is why we have to record to USB stick.

andorra

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »
Yes, but if the user memory was malfunctioned, you coudn't make audio recording to USB. You can't tray this, but  I've this noticed.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 02:50:16 PM »
Just delete the offending file from the user.

andorra

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 04:38:25 AM »
All what you wrote are true for a perfect instrument. My instrument malfunctioned, the user memory was  unobtainable. I'v find the solution and formatted it.  We managed it. Thank you all the ideas !