Author Topic: What's the best option for recording high quality line level audio from your mix  (Read 3515 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

11th April 2020

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do Video Recording playing Guitar Solo Instrumentals with my twin guitar and my wife playing the Genos keyboard using my Iphone.

However the Audio Quality recorded on the Iphone is not that good and would very much appreciate receiving suggestions on:

a) Is it possible to delete the Audio from the Iphone and insert MP3 recording with the Video. I have " AVS VIDEO EDITor and if someone can give me step by step instructions how to insert MP3 Audio to replace the Audio from Iphone that will be greatly appreciated "

I am using MERISH 5 MIDI & MP3 Player to connect my GENOS Keyboard and Guitar.

The Merish 5 has :

AUX MON Audio output towards a Monitor speaker in stereo, or two speakers in mono. A TV set may be connected as third option. This output can be regulated by the AUX MON potentiometer, located on the front panel of Merish5. You may choose what to send into the AUX MON by pressing MIC AUDIO > ROUTING PHONE Headphone output with Stereo Jack AUDIO OUT Balanced audio jack output LINE 2 and LINE 1 Stereo inputs to connect music instruments, or audio peripherals. The volume of these two inputs can be controlled via the designated potentiometers, on the front panel of Merish5. MIC 2 and MIC 1 Inputs for microphone, balanced jack also Phantom. Each input is fitted with gain control, and settings are made from the MIC AUDIO menu.

b) Will the following be an optional and better way to do the Video Recording:

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35mm-headphone-jack-adapter?fnode=97

I have cable with me with two RCA's at one end and 1/4" jack on the other end which I can connect to the Headphone Jack Adapter.

Once I have finished the Video Recordings I shall send the files to Joe to post on the forum for your viewing/listening pleasure and you will hear the instrument voices from Genos Keyboard being played on my TWIN GUITARS (Top guitar has Accoustic Nylon Strings and the Bottom Guitar has Steel Strings with Fishman TriplePlay Pick up)

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Regards
Osvaldo De Souza (aka Oz)

Offline dinapoli

Use a mixer and an audio multitrack recorder.

In edit load all your tracks including the tracks from the camera in your video program and mix to your heart content!

Osvaldo De Souza

I purchased iRIG2 and connected one end to the Cell Phone

Connected 1/4 plug to iRIG2 and the other end 2RCAs to my AUX RCA Output.

The Audio Records from my Merish 5 Plus Mixer to my Cell Phone including Video

I then use the AVS Editor to do editing of the videos including increasing or decreasing the Audio Gain signals.

iRIG2 resolved the problem.

Thanks
Oz

Offline ugawoga

FOCUSRITE
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

The following users thanked this post: OmbDave

Offline Jim

I've seen and heard some good reviews about the Zoom Qn2 video/audio recorder has some good reviews.

https://zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/video-recording/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder

Jim

Pino

Zoom Q2n,  good camera/video/ microphone.

I’ve had mine about 2 years.

I take it down the club sometime to record the musicians
Just plonk it on the table and press record, let it run.
Next day connect to pc or tv, good sound, good video.

Good for making YouTube videos or any videos.
Excellent PC or IOS microphone
Connects to my iPad and works an many apps.

But,
there is many other ways to record good quality vids also.

Pino

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jwyvern

Hi Pino, please check your PM's. Sorry for butting in off topic.

John

Pino

Can’t see No PM’s

Offline HamzaA3000

Do you need to connect keyboard output to Q2n input or just use the camera microphones?

Offline dinapoli

I use two camera, a mixer which has a multitrack recorder incorporated.
You use different outputs on the  Genos,  styles, right hand and microphone go to a different input on the mixer.
Send your guitar to another input on the mixer.

I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit to my heart content.

Good luck, have fun