Author Topic: FC7 Expression Pedal on SX900  (Read 5255 times)

Offline TheBitfiddler

FC7 Expression Pedal on SX900
« on: April 11, 2020, 05:01:05 AM »
I just added an FC7 Expression Pedal to my SX900 and it is functioning in reverse. In other words, stepping on the pedal causes the volume to DECREASE.  Is there an easy way to reverse the operation of the pedal? I have found nothing in the manuals for either the SX900 or the FC7 pedal.
Thank You in Advance

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: FC7 Expression Pedal on SX900
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 05:05:53 AM »
There is most likely an option to switch the polarity between + and - in the pedal settings menu.
Just turn it to the opposite of the polarity that it has now.

If it's same menu system as Genos:  Try MENU / Assignable and press the little 'menu' at top right corner in Assignable window.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 05:16:14 AM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 06:59:52 AM »
Just installed mine, and you would think Yamaha would make the pedal to work without changing the factory setting.

Plug the pedal into the input you choose.

Depress the 'Direct Access' button.

Move the pedal (up & down a bt) to activate the Direct Access screen (assignable) for the pedals.

In the upper left part of the touch screen press "Menu". 2nd from left. Not the physical menu button.

The pedal polarity pop-up sub-menu window will open.

Set the pedal polarity to + (plus) for whichever input you have the expression/volume pedal in. Plus (+) is what worked for me.
Good Luck! -Ed L.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:06:32 AM by KeyboardEd »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, mhack

Offline martinmoss10

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »
Many thanks for info on resetting FC7 pedal. It makes it as it should be. Martin Moss UK.

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »
I also just got an FC7 pedal, and I dont like it nearly as much as a cheaper version I had in the past. It is solidly made but has far too steep an angle at full up, which is not a comfortable position for the foot and ankle.  It is OK for volume where you don't really need to sit with it at full up but terrible for other functions like pitch bend where it is essential to sit with it full up to stop the notes from flattening. The pedal would work just as well, but be much more comfortable with less travel, ie a less steep full up position.
Mike

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 01:16:27 PM »
It is solidly made but has far too steep an angle at full up, which is not a comfortable position for the foot and ankle.   The pedal would work just as well, but be much more comfortable with less travel, ie a less steep full up position.
Mike

Hi Mike

There is an adjustment underneath for adjusting the angle.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: LaHawk

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
Bill
Thanks for letting me know about that. I had no idea. I will adjust it today and see if It solves the problem.
Mike

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »
I have also just got one!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online manuel

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:43 PM »
I hear that if you connect the pedal FC7 BEFORE you turn on the PSR SX, then turn it on, is pretty much like a computer when is booting on, if the peripheral is connected, most of the time is recognized. No need to move anything, if you notice, in the Genos, is even title those inputs....3Volume, 2(Art1), 1(Sustain) are already the default mode. This also applies to the correct/proper model of Sustain pedal.
In the PSR S and PSR SX series Pedal 1 is for the Sustain, Pedal2 is for the Volume other wise asignable.

My 2 cents

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline mhack

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 04:39:43 PM »
I DID CHANGE POLARITY AS SUGGESTED A FEW WEEKS AGO. I TURNED EVERYTHING ON AND VOLUME PEDAL DID NOT WORK. THE VOLUME HIGH TO LOW AND EVEN TURNED VH ON. I REPEATED THE POLARITY EXERCISE AND VOLUME PEDAL STILL DOES NOT FUNCTION. EGAD. ANY IDEAS?
THANKS.
MHACK

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 07:44:51 PM »
When you say doesn’t work, what do you mean? Does it do to alter volume, work wrong way round or what?
BTW, don’t know if you realized but you posted this to a very old dead thread, no posts for over 2 years.
Best to start a new thread with a more suitable title, and be specific about what is happening.
Mike