Author Topic: PSR-OR700 Style Problem  (Read 10682 times)

Offline balcino

PSR-OR700 Style Problem
« on: April 10, 2020, 11:25:01 PM »
Hello everybody and thanks for any help with this problem !!!

My name is Spiros and i m from Greece I'm playing Greek music and i own a PSR-OR700 and a PSR-S670.
The problem i have is with the OR700 when i'm changing from one style to another while playing.
What i meen is , when itry toi change from a 7/8 like Kalamatiano style to another one 4/4 or any style the keyboard changes the style imetiately when i pres the button, so the next style starts at the midlle of the measure and also the next style dosent start from the begining of the measure it starts from the midlle again. This hapends in any combination of styles played even the presets. That does't happend with my S670. S670 waits till the measure of the prvius style ends and then it starts the next style from the begining.
I hope you can understand my problem and i whould appreciate any help!!!

Thank you and sorry about my English!!!

Spiros !!
Spiros
SX700 - PA700 - OR700 - PA300

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline balcino

Re: PSR-OR700 Style Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »
Anyone ?
Spiros

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 02:34:04 AM »
There is a setting somewhere that changes the behavior of the style part buttons, I believe. You can make the style change immediately when you push another variation button, or you can make the style change on the first beat of the next measure. This might be something you can take a look at. Perhaps some other players can explain this better, and let you know if they think this is causing your problem.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

The following users thanked this post: balcino

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »
Hi Spiros,

to be on the safe side, please anwer these two questions:

Is the latest Firmware version (1.06) installed on your OR700? (To check the version go to "Function > Utility > Owner tab" and press one of the "7" or "8" buttons.)

Do you change Styles directly (in the Style Selection display) or do you use Registrations?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline balcino

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
There is a setting somewhere that changes the behavior of the style part buttons, I believe. You can make the style change immediately when you push another variation button, or you can make the style change on the first beat of the next measure. This might be something you can take a look at. Perhaps some other players can explain this better, and let you know if they think this is causing your problem.

Tom G.

Hello Tom !!! Thanks for your response but I've already checked all the settings and also compared with the S670 but i didn't found anything about the styles behavior !!! Thanks anyway !!!

Hi Spiros,

to be on the safe side, please answer these two questions:

Is the latest Firmware version (1.06) installed on your OR700? (To check the version go to "Function > Utility > Owner tab" and press one of the "7" or "8" buttons.)

Do you change Styles directly (in the Style Selection display) or do you use Registrations?

Best regards,
Chris

Hello Chris and thanks for your response !!!! Yes the latest version is 1.06 in staled twice no my OR700 (similar to S700) !!!
Also the behavior of the styles is the same no mater how i change them (directly or using registrations)... the next style statrs immediately when i press at the button and it starts in the middle of the bar !!!!

Greetings from Greece Spiros !!!!!!!
Spiros

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 09:17:39 PM »
Is auto fill in off?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:19 AM »
I saw this in my old Tyros 3 manual, but it applies to most Yamaha keyboards. Did you take a look at this:

OTS LINK TIMING
This applies to the OTS Link function. This parameter determines the timing in which the One Touch Settings change with the MAIN VARIATION [A]–[D] change. (The [OTS LINK] button must be on.)

Real Time: One Touch Setting is immediately called up when you press a MAIN VARIATION button.

Next Bar: One Touch Setting is called up at the next measure, after you press a MAIN VARIATION button.
Tyros 4

Offline Ed B

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 03:05:15 AM »
Hi
You do not appear to have the capability to change the OTS link timing. Page 106 of the manual shows a view of the style setting and the link timing function does not appear. It is on the PSR S700 though as described by Tom for his T3. I would take a look at your own keyboard just in case this manual is incorrect.
Regards
Ed B
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:06:34 AM by Ed B »
Keep on learning

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 06:34:32 AM »
Hi all,
the problem is not with the OTS link timing because OTS affects the timing of the voices:
If they will change immediately or not while changing a main variation.

The problem that  Spyros has,
it is that when he is changing a style (not a variation of a style)
the new style will start immediately at any point of the bar and the new style will not "wait"
for the old style to finish it's bar so it can start playing.
(When we move from one style to the other without pressing the stop button first)

For example:
Beat 1 of a 4/4 ballad style is playing
Beat 2 of a 4/4 ballad style keeps playing,
now you change the style to 4/4 rock and immediately
Beat 3 of a 4/4 rock style starts playing
Beat 4 of a 4/4 rock style keeps playing

4/4 rock style should have started at beat 1 of the next bar in any case.

Really strange behavior if that happens and you have to keep changing styles(songs) without any pauses when people is on the floor and dancing.

Offline balcino

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 10:44:42 PM »
Hello again Panos !!!
That's exactly what i mean, when keep changing styles without a pause ta next style starts in the middle of the previous bar !!!
and the big problem isn't with 4/4 styles because even if the style change in the middle of the bar its still in time ... the big problem is with other time signatures like 5/8 7/8 9/8 etc. Greek music !!! also somebody told me that all s700 s900 and more yamaha keyboards have the same behavior on style change while playing ... no pause !!!!

Geetings from Corfu Greece Spiros !!!!!
Spiros

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 02:43:06 AM »
That is weird. My Tyros 4 will wait until the end of the measure to do the switch to the new style. Could it be something that a keyboard reset might fix? Just taking a guess here.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline balcino

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 10:56:33 PM »
That is weird. My Tyros 4 will wait until the end of the measure to do the switch to the new style. Could it be something that a keyboard reset might fix? Just taking a guess here.

Tom G.

Hello Tom!!!
Yes it's very strange ... in my S670 the style change behavior is like your Tyros ... but in or700 no !!! That's also what i wanted to know about the behavior of another models same with mine like S700 or S900 they are about the same !!!

Thanks allot Spiros !!!!!
Spiros

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 11:21:40 PM »
My SX900 dose not change style until the end of the bar.

Offline balcino

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 01:36:12 AM »
My SX900 dose not change style until the end of the bar.

Thanks for your reply Eileen !!!
Yes i know my sx700 and my s670 does the same !!! Style change after the end of the bar but with my OR700 i have this problem ... the style change anytime i pres the button (style button or registration) .....still tryint to find an answer on that...
Spiros

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 02:43:35 PM »
Afraid I don't know the OR700. Have you no choice of changing to real time.

Offline balcino

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 02:37:42 AM »
I'm afraid i have to live with this ... just counting the bars and press the button the right time !!!
The PSR-OR700 is the same with PSR-S700 or S900. SFF1 keyboard same period same keyboards, the main difference between or700 and s700 is that the or700 is a oriental keyboard with oriental styles and voices onboard !!!
Unfortunately i can't find a psr-s700 or s900 in my area (Corfu Greece) to check the behavior of the style change on those keyboars if they are the same ... so i think i have to live with this !!!

Spiros !!!
Spiros

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 08:43:50 AM »
I'm afraid i have to live with this ... just counting the bars and press the button the right time !!!
The PSR-OR700 is the same with PSR-S700 or S900. SFF1 keyboard same period same keyboards, the main difference between or700 and s700 is that the or700 is a oriental keyboard with oriental styles and voices onboard !!!
Unfortunately i can't find a psr-s700 or s900 in my area (Corfu Greece) to check the behavior of the style change on those keyboars if they are the same ... so i think i have to live with this !!!

Spiros !!!
Hi Balcino! i think Yamaha designed their Oriental Keyboards ike that Hopfully there is a setting otherwise im guessing it is how they made it back then.