Author Topic: Yamaha E363 Problem  (Read 3288 times)

andrewsegawa

Yamaha E363 Problem
« on: April 24, 2020, 06:27:13 AM »
Hello, Hope you are doing well.
I bought a Yamaha E363 and I wanted to connect it on my desktop. I am using Windows SP3 (Service Pack 3)
However, It refused to connect. All the drivers i got from Yamaha website and other sources only work for Service Pack 1.

Question is: How can i connect my E363 to a Windows SP3 computer?
Thank you so much
Andrew

Offline SciNote

Re: Yamaha E363 Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 08:01:52 AM »
Well, first let me state that I am not a computer "expert", and I have never hooked my keyboard directly to a computer.  But it seems like I haven't heard the term "service pack" in relation to a Windows operating system in quite some time, and when I Googled "service pack 3", items came up suggesting this is related to Windows XP.  So, are you using Windows XP?  If so, one possibility is that the operating system is just too old for the keyboard, as this operating system is about 18 years old or so.  After Windows XP, there was Windows Vista, then Windows 7, then Windows 8, and then now the various iterations of Windows 10 -- so we're quite a few generations past XP.

This is just a guess on my part -- and hopefully some of the real experts, like SeaGtGruff (Michael) -- will see this and give a more detailed answer.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:19:12 AM »
... I bought a Yamaha E363 and I wanted to connect it on my desktop. I am using Windows SP3 (Service Pack 3)
However, It refused to connect. All the drivers i got from Yamaha website and other sources only work for Service Pack 1.

Question is: How can i connect my E363 to a Windows SP3 computer? ...

Hi Andrew,

welcome to the Psrtutorial forum!

Regarding your request: "Windows SP3" does not exist. I guess this is probably about "Windows XP with Service Pack 3" (in short "Windows XP SP3). ;)

First of all I have to give an important warning here: It is not recommended to connect a Windows XP computer to the Internet these days. The official "End of Support" for "XP SP3" was in 2014. There were some Security updates later, but "all in all" it has become very dangerous to go online with XP. (The computer can be infected with viruses / trojans after a short time on the Internet.)

The successor of "Windows XP" was "Windows 7". (This version was only supported by Microsoft until April 14th 2020.)

The next Versions were Windows 8 and 8.1. (End of support for Windows 8.1 is in 2023.) This means, if you switch to a new PC these days, Windows 10 should definitely be installed on it.

The current Yamaha drivers support Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. If you want to stay on Windows XP SP3 for now, you could try an older driver version that still suppports XP.

Since the PSR-E363 has a built-in USB Audio interface, you normally should use the so called "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver". But here could be the Problem: The PSR-E363 came out in 2017, but the latest Yamaha Steinberg Driver that still supports XP ist from 2013. It is therefore NOT guaranteed that this driver will work with the E363. You can download this "old" driver (V1.7.3) from the Steinberg website. (Normally you need the 32-bit version, because 64-bit versions of Windows XP are very rare.)

>>> https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver&L=0

If this driver should NOT work properly with the E363, you can try the "Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver". However, this driver can only transmit MIDI data (no Audio). (But even with the Genos, we can only transmit MIDI via USB. ;))

I recommend to try the current version (V3.1.4 32-bit) of the USB-MIDI Driver first. Officially, this version no longer supports XP, but this version works well in my Virtual Machines with XP (inside "Virtual Box" on my Windows 10 computer).

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/index.html?c=keyboards&k=usb-midi+driver+v3.1.4

If the current version of the USB-MIDI Driver should NOT work for you with XP, you can download the previous version V3.1.3 (32-bit) from my Dropbox:

>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jtxyr2ryy1qtosj/AACcYLyNy9LPKEVn3T0ee6B3a?dl=0

Note:
- While installing the "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver", the keyboard should NOT be connected via USB to the PC yet.
- In difference, when installing the "Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver", connect the keyboard to the PC before starting the driver installation.

Hope this helps!

Best regards.
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

andrewsegawa

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 01:28:38 PM »
Hi
Thank you so much for the great support.
I have tried the link you gave me but i get error "25001 . No Device is connected. Connect device and try again".
I connected the Keyboard and tried again, but i got the same error. I later removed the keyboard  but still got the some error.
What could be the problem?