Author Topic: Intro button feel through / broken - repair advice  (Read 5409 times)

Offline burns12

Intro button feel through / broken - repair advice
« on: April 09, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before or knows how to fix it.

I pressed the ‘I’ intro button and it came away at the top basically. It’s no longer working, it has not fully feel through as such it’s just hanging by a threat as such and doesn’t obviously work if you hit it. Any ideas of how to repair this?

I’ve attached some pictures

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rick D.

Re: Intro button feel through / broken - repair advice
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »
Someone just had a post on how to do this on the Genos. The buttons come in groups, not singles. They are plastic **** and their only purpose is to contact the electric switch. Not sure of your abilities, but it, doesn't seem all that hard to do on the Genos. I'm sure the Tyros would be even easier.
Here is the link to that discussion. https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,54862.0.html
Here is a link to the repair manual. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1228237/Yamaha-Tyros-2.html

Rick D.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:04:55 PM by Rick D. »

The following users thanked this post: burns12

Offline burns12

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 08:14:06 PM »
Thanks for providing that information! I’ll have a go and see what it’s like

Offline tyrosguy85

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 04:23:34 PM »
Hi there,
I have the similar problem on my Tyros 4.The style buttons C&D are pushed in but they still function. Sadly I'm not brave enough to open up the keyboard!!!
You could always use a footswitch.
Cheers
John.

Offline burns12

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 05:48:43 PM »
Hi John,

Yeah the intro button 'I' does not do anything. It was previously stiff, but I never really used it and then the other day when I pressed it a few times to try and get it on it ended up partly dislocating.

Good idea with the foot pedal! However, I having been thinking about upgrading to a tyros 5 and would be selling the tyros 2 to help contribute slightly to the cost of the tyros 5, so kind of want to fix it. Just going to wait till I have time and take it slowly.

Stay safe!
Craig.

robert13

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
I have repaired the screen buttons. I did not have the Click and the enter button.
It is all SMD. When you use a proper heat gun, be warned for the small SMD diode.
But that was not for the platic buttons, but for the tact switch underneath it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:21:17 AM by robert13 »