Author Topic: Audio Styles SX  (Read 16688 times)

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
Re: Audio Styles SX
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »
There might be a reason why Yamaha decided not to continue to build in audio styles in their newest arranger keyboards like the Genos and the SX serie.

Up to now I do not know why this decision has been taken and I wonder if most arranger keyboard players are missing these audio styles.

Babette

Nothing because of space saving yamaha co not added audio styles in sx 900 model and in psr s 975 space for expansion pack 750mb but in that audio styles included but there is no single audio style in sx900.. they made use of space for expansion packs so we can use 1gb maximum
And downloading audio styles and recreation pack in yem and again saving single style to USB that also not easy task only we are having complicated specialities.  If we get CPF format file same problem its protected can't edit or use easily.. we needed help into this problem..
cliffordleo

Online overover

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2021, 04:20:05 PM »
Interesting!
I was also really looking forward to this batucada audio style on my tyros5, like in the case of Enildo.
Does it run well on tyros5?
At least the file is in ppf format and I managed to import it into YEM.
Greetings,
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

I haven't tested it on so far, but basically all available Yamaha Audio styles should work on the Tyros5. As far as I know, new Audio styles cannot be played directly from the USB stick with the T5, but must first be imported into the YEM and then installed as a Pack on the T5.

It should be noted that the T5 only has 124 MB of Audio style wave memory (in which the wave data of the drum parts of external Audio styles are stored). So you cannot use any number of external Audio styles on the T5 (in contrast to Genos and SX900).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2021, 06:55:12 PM »
Hi Chris and all,
I just took the test now and... Surprise! It works very very well.
I was really excited to be able to have the audio styles on Tyros5, especially the batucada.
Thank you Telmo for making this available! 🤟🏻
The bossanova one is also very good, well swinging, just incredible.
By the way, is Yamaha still selling these audio styles on the musicsoft website? I tried to access the links that were posted and tried a search for audio styles, but no luck.
Greetings,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline Enildo

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2022, 12:43:59 PM »
Hello everybody!
I apologize for bringing this subject back, but yesterday I was rehearsing, with the keyboard connected to the speakers, making some improvements and updating my registrations, and I decided to listen to the "Audio Styles", installed in the package by YEM, and it's called anyone's attention, the sound quality of Audio Styles.
Honestly, I would very much like Yamaha to make more Audio Styles because they have a much higher quality.
Some people complain that they are not editable (in this case, only the drums are not editable), but I believe that this can be resolved, or whoever wants to edit, can make their own midi drums, or copy from another style by Assembly, etc.
I hope that yamaha will come back to contemplate us with more Audio Styles, in the near future.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2022, 03:21:28 PM »
Yamaha has never invested in music production software, perhaps because it is not very profitable. Suffice it to say that in the past it produced the XGWorks sequencer, which has now been stopped for 20 years, yet it was a valid product especially in the field of expressly XG programming.

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2022, 08:03:45 PM »
quote author=Enildo link=topic=54872.msg480877#msg480877 date=1652787839]
Hello everybody!
I apologize for bringing this subject back, but yesterday I was rehearsing, with the keyboard connected to the speakers, making some improvements and updating my registrations, and I decided to listen to the "Audio Styles", installed in the package by YEM, and it's called anyone's attention, the sound quality of Audio Styles.
Honestly, I would very much like Yamaha to make more Audio Styles because they have a much higher quality.
Some people complain that they are not editable (in this case, only the drums are not editable), but I believe that this can be resolved, or whoever wants to edit, can make their own midi drums, or copy from another style by Assembly, etc.
I hope that yamaha will come back to contemplate us with more Audio Styles, in the near future.

Enildo
[/quote]
Hello Enildo,
I would also like Yamaha to continue with the audio styles. I honestly didn't really like the revo drums of these new keyboards, they were too much of a "vintage" look.
I also want to remind you that the Ketron Audia is a keyboard that has been around for 12 years and has audio styles, not only the drum part, but also basses, guitars, etc. It really gives the feel of a band playing.
If it were better known and had recognition in the market like Yamaha has, it would certainly start far ahead.
The ketron audia loses in general for the tones, in this yamaha knows how to do it very well. Apart from that, on the operational side, they are more stable.
But with technology evolving as it is, it's time to use audio in styles and not just midi parts.

Now talking about the personal audio styles: It is possible to create our own with Audio Phraser software.
I'm still going to create my own using loops I have here. The only thing I need to find out now is how to get the audio style back already with the midi part made in Style Creator to put in a pack, since in tyros5 it's not possible to save directly to the flash drive.
I believe that if I use the Tyros5's file copy function I can copy from User memory.
Regards,
Gabriel

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline DerekA

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:37 PM »

But .. in Yamaha audio styles, the *only* part that is recorded audio, as opposed to MIDI, *is* the drum part. So if you replace the drum part with a MIDI part, you don't have an "audio" style any more, you just have a standard MIDI style.

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2022, 08:21:20 PM »
Yamaha has never invested in music production software, perhaps because it is not very profitable. Suffice it to say that in the past it produced the XGWorks sequencer, which has now been stopped for 20 years, yet it was a valid product especially in the field of expressly XG programming.
Are they really not profitable for a giant brand like Yamaha?
If that's the reason, why did they also take a risk with the "vocaloid" project that also seems to be frozen in time?
Did none of this really pay off?
I hope you're wrong.
Yamaha has partnered with major software companies like Steinberg (owner of Cubase) and also the VST and VSTI plugin platform we use today.

Let's take Reaper as an example, a DAW that for many people ends up being better than other renowned software on the market and sometimes quite expensive.
If it wasn't making a profit, they wouldn't be continuing with it, that is, releasing new versions and implementing new features.
I'm talking about two audio engineers who launched a startup to bring music production software to the market that is as good as any other.
So how do they manage to maintain the software?

Another thing: It's hard for you to have a technology that doesn't depend on or doesn't have the software part built into it.
Regards,
Gabriel

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2022, 08:44:42 PM »
But .. in Yamaha audio styles, the *only* part that is recorded audio, as opposed to MIDI, *is* the drum part. So if you replace the drum part with a MIDI part, you don't have an "audio" style any more, you just have a standard MIDI style.
Exactly. Actually you can't use Style Assembly for the audio part. You create the midi part of the nude based style, audio style created in Audio Phraser for example.

On tyros5, editing or replacing the midi part of a keyboard audio style, at least in my experience, causes the audio part to no longer play. I believe that because they are in an encrypted format, because that doesn't happen with audio styles created in the audio phraser.
Regards

Offline Enildo

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »

That's exactly what I'm saying. For those who complain that the audio style cannot be edited, it will continue with the good old midi system to record the way you want.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2022, 08:53:09 PM »

I also want to remind you that the Ketron Audia is a keyboard that has been around for 12 years and has audio styles, not only the drum part, but also basses, guitars, etc.

Hello Gabriel,

Very well remembered, Gabriel. Ketron Audya 5 has styles with multiple audio parts.
Please don't tell me to sell my SX900 and buy the Audya 5, I'm a yamaha fan boy for several reasons and would like to grow with the brand. Yamaha keyboards have improved dramatically over the last decade.

Enildo

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2022, 08:55:18 PM »
There should be no doubt that large companies such as Yamaha are more interested in selling hardware instead of software, since, obviously, more a software is known, more it is prone to cracking. In your opinion how many copies of vocaloid has actually sold compared to the ones it hasn't sold because there have been those who use the cracked versions? Audio Phaser for example would have been an excellent software to produce Audio Styles but it is stuck at version 1.0.1, where the audio fills do not play except at the beginning of the phrase.

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:38 PM »
Hello Gabriel,

Very well remembered, Gabriel. Ketron Audya 5 has styles with multiple audio parts.
Please don't tell me to sell my SX900 and buy the Audya 5, I'm a yamaha fan boy for several reasons and would like to grow with the brand. Yamaha keyboards have improved dramatically over the last decade.

Enildo
Of course not, friend.
I only commented on Ketron Audia because it has an advantage at this point.
I'm also a Yamaha fan, I had the pleasure of having the PSR510 as my first keyboard from that brand. And yes, they have evolved dramatically since then.
And I've never heard demos from other keyboard brands, and the Ketron Audia was one that really surprised me.

My opinion, as a Yamaha fan, is to keep an eye on it.
At the time it was then Solton, the brand already had this market vision of a keyboard that had sampled sounds and realistic styles.
Yamaha has now popularized this a thing that was already thought light years ago.
Regards
Gabriel

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2022, 09:38:04 PM »
There should be no doubt that large companies such as Yamaha are more interested in selling hardware instead of software, since, obviously, more a software is known, more it is prone to cracking. In your opinion how many copies of vocaloid has actually sold compared to the ones it hasn't sold because there have been those who use the cracked versions? Audio Phaser for example would have been an excellent software to produce Audio Styles but it is stuck at version 1.0.1, where the audio fills do not play except at the beginning of the phrase.
Friend,
I've heard reports that Phoenix makes their keyboards using reverse engineering, that is, they study the hardware part of other famous brands like Yamaha and implement sometimes very similar things, such as voices and styles.
I'm sure many other companies like the Chinese brand Xiaomi itself do this.
Of course, compared to the software part, it turns out to be a little more difficult. But those who have knowledge know how to do it.
The question is not whether Vocaloid sold too much or too little, but whether it failed to profit from piracy. This makes no sense to me.

As with vocaloid, you will find cracked versions of expensive software and plugins. All this brings harm and worries. Do you still think then that they should stop selling and lose the payer market because of the pirates?

About Audio Phraser, I believe this is a bug that will be fixed. If she wanted to release a paid version, she would have already done so. But as you suggest, it is not interested in profiting from software, so it releases free and buggy versions.
That would be a lot of ********, don't you think?
Regards,
Gabriel

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2022, 10:18:14 PM »
Dear gabrielschuck, I don't know where you would like to go .. I repeat that if Yamaha had wanted to invest in software it could have created many excellent DAW software for a fee to create styles, sounds, audio styles, midi files dedicated to the XG system, but from what I have seen he cares highly .. I only applaud as at least compared to other brands it provides a lot of material to allow good programmers in the world to create them such as EMC StyleWorks, StyleMagic, the various utilities of Jørgen Sørensen (which I take this opportunity to thank him), CasmEdit. Instead, as you said, you also release free and buggy software to deceive customers that they have software support that is subsequently not very "usable" ..

Offline Enildo

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2022, 12:30:37 PM »
Of course not, friend.

Hello Gabriel,
When I talked about not telling me to sell my sx900 and buy an Audya, I didn't mean you specifically, I meant people in general.

YEM does drum audio styles using channels 9 and 10. It's a better solution than AudioPhrase, I think. That's if you want to make your own personal audio drums, but what I wanted were Ballad, Rock, Country, Pop, etc styles made by yamaha themselves.

YEM is also stuck in a format, which has been updated only to insert new models and fix some small defects, but it doesn't evolve.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2022, 03:46:53 PM »
I think Yamaha have chosen Revo drums as the new way to go. With these you can record them to midi if required.