Author Topic: Audio Styles SX  (Read 16691 times)

Offline Enildo

Audio Styles SX
« on: April 06, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »
Hello everybody!

Guys, I'm missing Audio Styles, especially Batucada, which didn't come with a version on the SX models.
BrazilianBossa can say that it is not the same as the version in Audio Style.
I think Audio Styles should go on, and have an editable version of the style so that they want to change something.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline EileenL

Re: Audio Styles SX
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 01:17:13 PM »
You can download all the Audio styles that were in Tyros 5 on the Genos download site. They will worl in SX900 but you have to load them into YEM first and load to Keyboard. You can then save them one at a time to a USB stick and then you can remove from Expansion memory on keyboard.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, rezaazadi1361

Pino

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 01:23:40 PM »
Never touched them
Never played them

Slow loading
Non editable
Glad their gone
Don’t want them back

Surely you can find a midi file and make your own style
Or edit a ready made style.
Then you can edit and change as you want.

Pino

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
I do not think this is what the member was asking. That is only your personal opinion.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »
You can download all the Audio styles that were in Tyros 5 on the Genos download site. They will worl in SX900 but you have to load them into YEM first and load to Keyboard. You can then save them one at a time to a USB stick and then you can remove from Expansion memory on keyboard.

Thanks Eileen for your help, I tried this, but it seems that there is no Batucada or BrazilianBossa.

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:40:54 PM by Enildo »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
Never touched them
Never played them

Slow loading
Non editable
Glad their gone
Don’t want them back

Surely you can find a midi file and make your own style
Or edit a ready made style.
Then you can edit and change as you want.

Pino

Pino, if you have the opportunity, listen to BrazilianBossa audio style and BrazilianBossa from SX, to feel the difference. The audio style is more real.
The downside is that it was not editable, but I still like it a lot.
Regarding the slow loading, I think the difference is 1 second, in relation to the midi styles.

Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »
I see a lot of people complaining about editing audio styles. Think, how many styles you use on the keyboard without making any kind of editing, you simply press play and start.
Besides, what you can't edit in audio styles is just the drums, the rest is editable.
I see no reason to demonize audio styles.

Pino

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »
Enildo,
Yes, some of them audio styles did sound good
Midi styles can sound amazing also, if tuned and balanced .

Audio styles are a pain to work with
Midi styles are a pleasure to work with

There are so many options with midi and so may programmes for editing, exciting.
All my gig styles are edited to the MAX.

I’m sure you’ll find what your looking for, good luck.

Pino

Pino

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »
I think Audio Styles should go on, and have an editable version of the style so that they want to change something.

Enildo

Eileen,
I was replying to the above comment

Pino

beykock

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »
There might be a reason why Yamaha decided not to continue to build in audio styles in their newest arranger keyboards like the Genos and the SX serie.

Up to now I do not know why this decision has been taken and I wonder if most arranger keyboard players are missing these audio styles.

Babette

Offline Enildo

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
Pino, I respect your opinion, but why did yamaha not keep the "Batucada" style in midi, in the Genos and SX?
My suspicion is that they were unable to make a style that would replace the audio style. The BrazilianBossa audio, for me, was the best style of Bossa Nova that yamaha has ever made. Before we had to record or edit the styles to partner with our Brazilian Bossa. The Batucada audio style, for me, was something unimaginable that they could do. My musician friends listened and did not believe it was an internal style of yamaha, which I take my hat off. Just because you don't like audio styles, or other people don't like audio styles, it doesn't mean that it's bad.
The batucada style is a really complex style to make using midis tools (I mean the drums). I will not say that it is impossible, but I challenge someone to show the same style here compared to the audio style. I am speaking within my experience, as a musician and as a Brazilian. I wouldn't dare to say that a Romanian, Arabic or Turkish style is fine, if a native musician from one of these countries says it sucks.

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:57:46 PM by Enildo »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »
Another detail,
One thing does not cancel the other. What's wrong with having both, audio and midi styles?
As I said, I never had any problems with the audio styles, because if I wanted to, I could just remove the audio drums and record my midi drums.
Where's the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig problem in that?

Are my considerations,
Enildo

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 09:15:50 PM »
Hi Enildo,

I think it's just a marketing choice ... for to sell something more.

In fact, what was once inside the keyboard, now we have to buy it  :-\

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:42:45 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »
Hi Enildo,

I think it's just a marketing choice ... for to sell something more.

In fact, what was once inside the keyboard, now we have to buy it  :-\

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7

Hello Aquilauno,
Yes, I know that Music Soft is selling. Thank you for showing this here on the forum.
I think I will be forced to buy, what I had before!
Funk pop is also a style I miss, I'm using FunkyShuffle, but it's not the same.
At the very least they could have left the option to download without having to pay for them, as it is nothing new.
If it wasn't important and if yamaha knows that audio styles are not good, why are they selling now?

Enildo

The following users thanked this post: Tonytony

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 10:04:32 PM »
Hi Enildo,

if you haven't tested Onacimus "Unique Styles Collection for Tyros5 & Genos" yet:

Go to https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Tyros5/tyros_5.html and scroll down to the previously mentioned section.

For example, the converted S970 Audio Style "Batacuda" is in the zip file "07A-Latin-PSR4T5&GN.zip", and the converted version of "FunkPop" is in the file "05-R&B-PSR4T5&GN.zip".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:13:09 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, Tonytony

Offline Enildo

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 12:48:09 AM »
Hi Enildo,

if you haven't tested Onacimus "Unique Styles Collection for Tyros5 & Genos" yet:

Go to https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Tyros5/tyros_5.html and scroll down to the previously mentioned section.

For example, the converted S970 Audio Style "Batacuda" is in the zip file "07A-Latin-PSR4T5&GN.zip", and the converted version of "FunkPop" is in the file "05-R&B-PSR4T5&GN.zip".

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris!
Thank you so much for your help.
I know that Onacimus does a great job for this forum, as well as for the Yamaha keyboard in general, I tested both styles, Batucada and FunkPop edited by him, and are far from the quality of the audio styles.
I even rejoiced at your news, but when I heard it I was sad again!  ;D ;D ;D
Make the comparison by listening to the styles edited by Onacimus on your keyboard and listen to the audio demonstration in Music Soft:

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7?___store=us_retail_es&

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/pop-and-rock-audio-styles-4

Greetings,
Enildo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:49:25 AM by Enildo »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 01:10:22 AM »
In the northeast of Brazil, we have a very famous style called Forró (there is a great variety with many variations of this style) and yamaha even added it in the Latin section, but I want to inform you that I don't know what music fits with this forró from keyboard. I live in the Northeast, I play several songs in forró at my shows, because it is played here a lot, but I play in styles recorded by myself or others, because this yamaha forró passes miles away from something I know.
The Brazilian_s970 Pack brought many improvements, it is true, and there are many things that can be enjoyed, but with respect to the styles Forró1, Forró2, Xote and Baião, Vanera still leaves much to be desired.
It really surprises me with these two audio styles (Batucada and Brazilian Bossa Nova), as they are two styles that really deserve applause for yamaha. I am real, I would not be able to record satisfactorily on the keyboard, a style like batucada, with midi tools.
Perhaps the best solution is for me to buy them on Music Soft.

Greetings,
Enildo

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 09:05:24 AM »
hello,
... I play several songs in forró at my shows, because it is played here a lot, but I play in styles recorded by myself or others, because this yamaha forró passes miles away from something I know...
I'm not that familiar with Brasilian music and know even less about forro (so I can't really have an opinion on related styles), but I know exactly what you mean. I admit I'm not good keyboard player, however I'm big lover of real music all over the world.  When I say "real", I mean the music as it's played by actual bands in those countries.
Of course, I'm especially sensitive to music that's popular around my country (middle europe). Yamaha has many "european" packs available: west-south-italy-iberian-balkan.. But those styles don't reflect how music is actually played here. In reality, bands that play popular music here are made of  3, or max 4 musicians. Most styles however sound like orchestra is playing. Yes, I can turn off "annoying" strings pads etc. But when I end up with only 3 channels (that represent actual musicians), I realize nothing much is left: only very simple drum and bass pattern with added simple phrase patterns -is not even close to how a real 3 or 4 guys band entertain here. And I am talking about local "garage" bands.
Or Mexican / Norteno & Mariachi pack .. Doesn't matter what style titles say; there's not a single style that would sound like real huapango (as played by actual band) -not even close!
Most styles are just generic, having one purpose: to impress with "rich" sound when buying. You know what I mean.. "hey, I can play whole orchestra". But trust me, people prefer real 3- or 4-man band; not fake orchestra.
To conclude my thoughts: to sound authentic/realistic, we must create our own styles. We must assemble "our" band inside keyboard. Because at the end, that's what arranger keyboards are all about. Everything else is just karaoke.

Thank you for taking time to read this,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 10:30:28 AM »
hi Pino,
uhm.. maybe I wasn't clear (or was I?).. when I say "people prefer" 3-4 man band, I don't mean because people can't afford to pay whole orchestra. What I meant is, 3-4 man band is enough for popular music nowadays. Actually, it ever was (think big names: Beatles, ELP, most country/blues bands..).
We all know what people think (including me) when they see "one man band" (arranger keyboard) playing: "eh, is all fake.. 90% is pre-recorded.." -especially(!) if he's playing "full orchestra".
At least here where I live, usually (local, "unknown") band consist of 3-4 people: usually drums, bass guitar, solo guitar and keyboard -if it's pop music band. And these 4 musicians (not professionals!) play pop music totally different (better, more authentic) than what I can get from predefined styles. How to say.. bass guitarist is actually "playing" and not just repeating pattern of two notes.
All what I was trying to say is: arranger keyboard can substitute (to certain degree) 3, or max. 4-man band. But only if styles are well done. I say well done, not perfectly done. When I make some style, many times I decide not to quantize all channels.. real music isn't that perfect.

At the end, we all perceive music differently... and there's no right or wrong  :)

Bogdan

Pino

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2020, 11:04:51 AM »
Hi Bigdan
Yes, I did read your post again and I agree with you that most players go for the big band/orchestral songs, most have not studied how to play an arranger or understand enough about styles.
Most styles have 8 tracks of voices, these are just suggestions of what could be played as an accompaniment to the melody and never meant to be played all together.

I will try to record some songs with just 4 piece later and upload here

Pino

Pino

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 07:17:01 AM »
I don’t want to go off topic and I will say that if I was Enildo looking for Brazilian styles then I would be looking at whatever was available be it Audio or Midi styles.

For myself, I find that I have enough excellent midi styles on my SX to perform a 3 hour show, the styles on todays keyboards are just excellent, problem is players spent too much of their time collecting styles and concentrating on the technical side when they could be spending more time working on good playing skills.

Here is 2 tracks using the onboard styles.  WorshipSlow & Frankly Soul.
Drums - Bass - Rhythm Guitar - Lead Guitar.

Pino

https://app.box.com/s/g6o7opadmrd8q9mx90apqf2fa920zwqk

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
...problem is players spent too much of their time collecting styles and concentrating on the technical side when they could be spending more time working on good playing skills.
I quite agree on that, even it includes me partially too. That is, I need to practice more! Because "good" style alone won't make my music any better -I need to repeat that to myself more often, though  :)
As for collecting styles.. I stopped doing that quite soon after I realized most are redundant and at the end I kept only about 10 of them. I mean, how many music genres do I play?
And finally, I really enjoy making my own style now and then. To inspire some of you, take a look at this video (is not mine!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHid9D1VCp4

Bogdan

Offline Enildo

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 12:18:53 PM »
Yamaha has many "european" packs available: west-south-italy-iberian-balkan.. But those styles don't reflect how music is actually played here. In reality, bands that play popular music here are made of  3, or max 4 musicians. Most styles however sound like orchestra is playing. Yes, I can turn off "annoying" strings pads etc. But when I end up with only 3 channels (that represent actual musicians), I realize nothing much is left: only very simple drum and bass pattern with added simple phrase patterns -is not even close to how a real 3 or 4 guys band entertain here. And I am talking about local "garage" bands.
Or Mexican / Norteno & Mariachi pack .. Doesn't matter what style titles say; there's not a single style that would sound like real huapango (as played by actual band) -not even close!
Most styles are just generic, having one purpose: to impress with "rich" sound when buying. You know what I mean.. "hey, I can play whole orchestra". But trust me, people prefer real 3- or 4-man band; not fake orchestra.
To conclude my thoughts: to sound authentic/realistic, we must create our own styles. We must assemble "our" band inside keyboard. Because at the end, that's what arranger keyboards are all about. Everything else is just karaoke.

Thank you for taking time to read this,
Bogdan

Hello,
Yes, that's what I'm talking about.
The good thing about PRSs today is that we can make our own styles and use samples of real instruments to further enrich them. Audio styles do this. A well-recorded drum will never compare with a midi drum (today), it is different. Some people complain about not being able to edit, but sometimes you just have to increase or decrease the volume of the track and increase or decrease the time. And if you want to change the audio drum, delete it and record a midi drum.

Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
I don’t want to go off topic and I will say that if I was Enildo looking for Brazilian styles then I would be looking at whatever was available be it Audio or Midi styles.

For myself, I find that I have enough excellent midi styles on my SX to perform a 3 hour show, the styles on todays keyboards are just excellent, problem is players spent too much of their time collecting styles and concentrating on the technical side when they could be spending more time working on good playing skills.

Here is 2 tracks using the onboard styles.  WorshipSlow & Frankly Soul.
Drums - Bass - Rhythm Guitar - Lead Guitar.

Pino

Thanks for your comment and for the demo, Pino,
Try recording this with your SX midis drums and show us the result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXATynpUtX8

There are things that cannot be done, at least these days.
That's why I defend audio styles.

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 12:50:33 PM by Enildo »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
That is, I need to practice more! Because "good" style alone won't make my music any better -I need to repeat that to myself more often, though

As I always say, one thing does not cancel the other.
You will be able to continue practicing more and more, and use a good style to present yourself in a better audience.
If you were like that, everyone would be satisfied with the old PSR 510 and nobody would buy the new Genos, SX keyboards, etc ...
it would be enough to practice and everything would be perfect.
It is a sum of the Musician + Machine.

Greetings,
Enildo
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:08:51 PM by Enildo »

Offline Telmo

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
Hello Aquilauno,
Yes, I know that Music Soft is selling. Thank you for showing this here on the forum.
I think I will be forced to buy, what I had before!
Funk pop is also a style I miss, I'm using FunkyShuffle, but it's not the same.
At the very least they could have left the option to download without having to pay for them, as it is nothing new.
If it wasn't important and if yamaha knows that audio styles are not good, why are they selling now?

Enildo
Hi Enildo, here is the free download Links: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a3pvu1ze4242gg6/A.Style_Latin_Genos.ppf/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ecdko4hycr6ib7/latin-audio-styles.ppf/file
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, juketsu, Aquilauno, Roshure, balcino, gabrielschuck

Pino

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »
Enildo
Wouldn’t Band in a Box" be useful to you, Audio styles etc?

Pino

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:13 PM »
Thanks Telmo...  when my sx900  come back from the "hospital" I will listen  ::)

Offline Enildo

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2020, 09:13:57 PM »
Enildo
Wouldn’t Band in a Box" be useful to you, Audio styles etc?

Pino

I didn't understand what you meant ...
Can you explain in other words?

Offline Enildo

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2020, 09:18:16 PM »
Hi Enildo, here is the free download Links: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a3pvu1ze4242gg6/A.Style_Latin_Genos.ppf/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ecdko4hycr6ib7/latin-audio-styles.ppf/file

Thanks for your help Telmo, but this pack doesn't have the Batucada style.

Greetings,
Enildo

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2020, 09:41:06 PM »
hi Enildo there is a secon link in the post of Telmo ... https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ecdko4hycr6ib7/latin-audio-styles .ppf file
I managed to load them with YEM, but not all of them can be extracted ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:48:59 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline overover

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »
Thanks for your help Telmo, but this pack doesn't have the Batucada style. ...

Hi Enildo,

yes, as mentioned by Aquilauno before, these are two different Packs. Please try the second link "latin-audio-styles.ppf".

This Pack contains the following Styles:

Batucada
BrazilianBossa
CubanChaCha
RumbaFlamenco
SalsaGranCiclon
TangoFlamenco

P.S.
I imported both Packs into the YEM. Then I exported the Styles from YEM using Vali's >> "YEM Content Explorer": The Styles in the first Pack have normal ".aus" extension. The Styles in the second Pack have ".sas" extension. I also looked inside these Styles and found that they are stored encrypted.

I have not tried these Styles on Genos yet. I also don't know if these .sas Styles can be played directly from the USB stick or if they must be installed via YEM. I hope they can be used "normally" on Genos, because of the encrypted file format...

P.P.S
First I tried to extract the Styles of the second Pack using >> "StyleExtractor V1.0.0.5" (developed by "jexino"): With this program, .sas Audio Styles can NOT be extracted from a .ppf file. (.aus Audio Styles and all types of MIDI Styles CAN be extracted with "StyleExtractor from .ppf/.ppi files, of course.)

Best regards,
Chris

Edit: New download link
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 08:31:57 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 10:58:31 PM »
I forgot to translate: ;D
Thank you Telmo, Aquilauno and Chris !!! You saved my day.
In my haste I didn't see the second lilnk!
I'll put it in YEM and test it in SX, then I'll bring the feedback if everything went well!

Thanks,
Enildo
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:47:01 PM by Enildo »

Offline overover

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 11:20:12 PM »
Obrigado Telmo, Aquilauno e Chris !!! Vocês salvaram meu dia.
Na pressa não vi o segundo lilnk!
Vou colocar no YEM e testar no SX, depois trago ou retorno se tudo sair bem!

Agradecimentos,
Enildo

... translated to English: ;)

Thank you Telmo, Aquilauno and Chris !!! You saved my day.
In my haste I didn't see the second link!
I'll put it on YEM and test it on SX, then I'll bring it back if everything goes well!

Thanks,
Enildo

Hi Enildo,

I forgot to mention: I currently have three Install targets in my YEM: Genos, SX900 and Tyros5. If you cannot import the second Pack, the reason could be that you don't have a Tyros5 Install Target in your YEM.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Enildo

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 12:34:53 AM »
Chris, everything worked !!!
I don't know how to thank you, Chris, Aquilauno and Telmo!
Now I'm much happier, thanks to you!
It is very annoying to try a good thing and then not have it again.

Greetings,
Enildo

The following users thanked this post: Telmo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »
On this issue, from Audio Styles, Banda and Midi Styles, I want to say that in many cases, I alone with my keyboard, modestly, I produce a better job than many bands.
Pino, I think I understood when you asked if you didn't want a band in a box and my answer is yes, that's what I want.
Our keyboards are abulant bands in a box.
Playing in the evenings for more than 20 years, I have already received many compliments comparing myself with bands, and some people were confused, when from a distance, they thought it was a band playing and not a musician with only a keyboard. Our keyboards are a one-man band (to paraphrase a Brazilian auditorium program host)!
The closer my keyboard looks like a band, or an orchestra, or a musician playing an acoustic guitar, or a drum from a samba school, the better for me!

Thanks
Enildo

Offline hans1966

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »
Hello Enildo, I totally agree with you. our keyboards of arrangements, are all a band in a box, it is more I dare say that they are a complete portable recording studio. Cheers. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline hans1966

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 04:11:46 AM »
Hi Telmo, thanks for sharing the Audio styles. Cheers. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: Telmo

Offline Telmo

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »
On this issue, from Audio Styles, Banda and Midi Styles, I want to say that in many cases, I alone with my keyboard, modestly, I produce a better job than many bands.
Pino, I think I understood when you asked if you didn't want a band in a box and my answer is yes, that's what I want.
Our keyboards are abulant bands in a box.
Playing in the evenings for more than 20 years, I have already received many compliments comparing myself with bands, and some people were confused, when from a distance, they thought it was a band playing and not a musician with only a keyboard. Our keyboards are a one-man band (to paraphrase a Brazilian auditorium program host)!
The closer my keyboard looks like a band, or an orchestra, or a musician playing an acoustic guitar, or a drum from a samba school, the better for me!

Thanks
Enildo
Enildo, what do you think of this Pack?? Do you think it could make your SX900 sound even better??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Enildo

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »
Enildo, what do you think of this Pack?? Do you think it could make your SX900 sound even better??

Hi Telmo,

Yes, I think it makes a lot of difference for our SXs. I'm planning to buy. SA2 tones are highly praised, I hope they are as good as those of Genos.
On their website the value appears with $ 60.00 USD. ???

https://mxsounds-store.ecwid.com/Ghenos-SX-Plus-p173697928

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:59:53 PM by Enildo »

Offline Telmo

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 03:22:09 AM »
Hi Telmo,

Yes, I think it makes a lot of difference for our SXs. I'm planning to buy. SA2 tones are highly praised, I hope they are as good as those of Genos.
On their website the value appears with $ 60.00 USD. ???

https://mxsounds-store.ecwid.com/Ghenos-SX-Plus-p173697928

Enildo
[/quote
No, $60 USD is their regular price. This is a special offer $35 and it looks very good.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »
No, $60 USD is their regular price. This is a special offer $35 and it looks very good.

For $ 35 it is very cheap.

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
You can download all the Audio styles that were in Tyros 5 on the Genos download site. They will work in SX900 but you have to load them into YEM first and load to Keyboard. You can then save them one at a time to a USB stick and then you can remove from Expansion memory on keyboard.

Which website are you referring to?

and I don't see audio styles from the dance section where can I access those?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »
They are on the Genos download site and are right down the bottom of the list.

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 05:44:52 PM »
but i'm looking for the dance audio styles specifically

and I cannot find them for free only on music soft for $50

if you can help me find and get these audio styles that work on the sx900

that would be greatly appreciated thank you

I'm looking for all the styles in this pack on music soft

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/dance-audio-styles-7#

Offline Bill

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
I'm afraid you will have to pay for them the same as the rest of us. 

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Joe H

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »
I'm looking for all the styles in this pack on music soft

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/dance-audio-styles-7#

If you want them that bad, then you will have to buy them.  It's not appropriate to ask for current software for sale to be given to you for FREE.

Just go and buy it!

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:52:48 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
You will find many of these styles on the SX900 using the new drum kits.

DonM

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
If you want them that bad, then you will have to buy them.  It's not appropriate to ask for current software for sale to be given to you for FREE.

Just go and buy it!

Joe H
That is very true.  Software developers must make a profit to stay in business.
MAYBE one reason you don't see many new music books for sale anymore is because they are freely shared on this site and many others.  ?  :)  There is no difference that I can see.
This "sharing", aka "stealing", put the famous Tune 1000 company out of business years ago and that was a great loss.
I've always been able to find factory styles that will work just fine for almost anything I need.  I haven't looked at a music book in 25 years and never use midi files, so it is not really relevant to me, but still, that doesn't make it right. 
The digital age has also totally changed the entire music industry.  It is not necessary to buy recorded music anymore; just click on YouTube and there it is.   Then find an illegal program and download it.  Can't say I'm not guilty of that, but to a small degree. 
No answers here, just an old music vet rambling.  Sorry for diverting from the original topic.

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2021, 03:50:37 AM »
Hi Enildo,

yes, as mentioned by Aquilauno before, these are two different Packs. Please try the second link "latin-audio-styles.ppf".

This Pack contains the following Styles:

Batucada
BrazilianBossa
CubanChaCha
RumbaFlamenco
SalsaGranCiclon
TangoFlamenco

P.S.
I imported both Packs into the YEM. Then I exported the Styles from YEM using Vali's >> "YEM Content Explorer V2.1.1": The Styles in the first Pack have normal ".aus" extension. The Styles in the second Pack have ".sas" extension. I also looked inside these Styles and found that they are stored encrypted.

I have not tried these Styles on Genos yet. I also don't know if these .sas Styles can be played directly from the USB stick or if they must be installed via YEM. I hope they can be used "normally" on Genos, because of the encrypted file format...

P.P.S
First I tried to extract the Styles of the second Pack using >> "StyleExtractor" (developed by "jexino"): With this program, .sas Audio Styles can NOT be extracted from a .ppf file. (.aus Audio Styles and all types of MIDI Styles CAN be extracted with "StyleExtractor from .ppf/.ppi files, of course.)

Best regards,
Chris

Interesting!
I was also really looking forward to this batucada audio style on my tyros5, like in the case of Enildo.
Does it run well on tyros5?
At least the file is in ppf format and I managed to import it into YEM.
Greetings,
Gabriel
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 08:34:25 PM by overover »
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."