Author Topic: Tyros 5 Midi Record...Quarantizing How To ?  (Read 2322 times)

Online Graham UK

Tyros 5 Midi Record...Quarantizing How To ?
« on: April 05, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »
I recently recorded my playing on T5 first the first time so it's initially trial & error leaning curve.

Question. 1 If midi file needs a little quantizing to tighten up the melody does this have to be done on T5 before saving or can this be edited after on T5 ?.

Question 2  How to convert Midi file to MP3 ?.

Any reply's appreciated.
DGX670

Offline MBedesem

Re: Tyros 5 Midi Record...Quarantizing How To ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
Graham:

In MixMaster, Open the file, depress List View, select the Othr tab and depress Process Events then Select a Process. Quabtize Aoo or Selected is at the bottom of the list.

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 01:44:34 PM »
Hello Graham you fist have to create a WAV file. To do this you need to record your Midi into the Audio recorder and then Save it. Now save it to a USB stick and put into computer and Using Audacity or Switch which are available free you then covert the WAV into MP3.

Online Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
MB & Eileen. Thank you...I have managed to get it to work and convert to MP3.
DGX670

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
Hi Graham,
You can also try to quantize R1,R2,R3 voices on your keyboard and test the results.

First you have to save your original recording as a midi song(midi file)
We always save our very first recording, so if we make a mistake in the process it won't give as any troubles and can always go back.

Then you have to enter to Song Creator.
Search for the tab called "CHANNEL".
You can see the quantize option there and select it.
Select channel 1 and press Execute(it is your Right 1 voices)
Select channel 3 and press Execute(it is your Right 2 voices, I think on Tyros is the same as on my psr)
Select channel 2 and press Execute(it is your Right 3 voices I think on Tyros is the same as om psr)

Afterwards go to SETUP and press again Execute.
Now you can save the midi song with a NEW name (so not to loose your original recording).

Listen to the new midi.If it is something that you don't like,select again your original recording.
Now in the Quantize option you can see some 8th,16th etc notes in box called SIZE.
Try a new note to quantize your 3 voices e.g a 32th note.
The keyboard will quantize your playing slightly differently and maybe is fine with you.

Before saving your quantized midi song,you can press play every time you change the size of the notes while pressing "execute" to hear the results so you can cancel them and try something else without having to exit the Song Creator.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:03:03 PM by panos »