Author Topic: Genos SX Plus Pack by MX Sounds Studios  (Read 14669 times)

MFrost

Genos SX Plus Pack by MX Sounds Studios
« on: April 05, 2020, 09:03:58 PM »
What is this pack content? Is it worth buying it? Does it only work under sx900?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuLxxaY2PY

greetings

M.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:06:06 PM by MFrost »

Offline Telmo

Re: Genos SX Plus Pack by MX Sounds Studios
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:33:10 AM »
And the price for this Pack is not bad at all. $35 USD it seems very tempting. I might give it a try. To have Genos sounds on my SX900 would be awesome.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

computec1349

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:51:17 AM »
Check this ;)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 07:27:36 AM »
If you consider anyone's email to be spam, ton37, you have the option to block them in your personal email settings or even at the webmail level.

I've looked at your account settings and you have not checked "Allow users to email me", so I'm not sure how they know your email address.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:07:58 AM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline Telmo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »
Check this ;)
My question is: How much memory does this pack take?? I have some good sample voices already installed on my SX900 and I would like to keep them if I decide to purchase yours. I don't how memory your Pack takes.

computec1349

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:13 PM »
509MBs

Offline elad770

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 02:01:33 AM »
Francesco,

Of course it's Legal! There's no ownership on sound. Every little editing to sounds makes them Yours!
However its very foolish to buy a pack that basically edit that sounds already sampled. I will say this for the million times. Such creators better of asking for donation to support their work

kampot

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 03:30:12 AM »
Check this ;)

A lot of those styles ( like “sky pop” ) already come in sx-900

Offline Telmo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 03:37:24 AM »
509MBs
Can we combine with other packs since it comes in PPF format?? And how do we make the purchase?? Through Paypal or e-bay??

computec1349

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 06:02:56 AM »
Can we combine with other packs since it comes in PPF format?? And how do we make the purchase?? Through Paypal or e-bay??
Hello! You can send a email to keyboardtipsmx@gmail.com for more info.

Best Regards.

Offline andyg

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
Francesco,

Of course it's Legal! There's no ownership on sound. Every little editing to sounds makes them Yours!

I have no knowledge of this particular pack and can't therefore comment on specifics.

However, as far as legality is concerned, sampling sounds that have already been sampled, or indeed any form of reverse engineering of sounds or styles, is illegal. Offering them for sale even more so. I speak as someone who has been the victim of this type of intellectual property theft and who has successfully taken action against the perpetrators.

And editing sounds does not 'make them yours', any more than arranging a tune makes it 'yours'. Legally, they are 'derivatives' and any copyright still remains with the original holders.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

computec1349

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 08:02:23 PM »
I have no knowledge of this particular pack and can't therefore comment on specifics.

However, as far as legality is concerned, sampling sounds that have already been sampled, or indeed any form of reverse engineering of sounds or styles, is illegal. Offering them for sale even more so. I speak as someone who has been the victim of this type of intellectual property theft and who has successfully taken action against the perpetrators.

And editing sounds does not 'make them yours', any more than arranging a tune makes it 'yours'. Legally, they are 'derivatives' and any copyright still remains with the original holders.

It is not illegal, since the sound waves of a material when they are reprocessed will not be the same, what MX Sound sells is an emulation of the sound, but not the same sound, therefore it is not illegal, imagine that Yamaha, Korg, Roland will charge artists royalties for recording a song with their airwaves.

It's illogical.

Offline andyg

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 08:23:29 PM »
You don't seem to understand 'intellectual property', which is what we're discussing here.

Someone (Yamaha, Korg, whoever) has spent a lot of time and money sampling and then processing them to make them playable in a keyboard. To then sample their samples or reverse engineer them is theft of their intellectual property and therefore IS illegal, however much you then do to the sounds. Look up the meaning of 'derivative' in this context. I won my own 'case' as it was clear cut, and didn't even have to go to court!

Yamaha actually do own the rights to the sounds and styles that we use, but they specifically allow us to use them in music production without paying them royalties.

I've seen several instances on various forums of reverse engineered sound libraries for keyboards. As yet, Yamaha et al don't seem to worried, as the figures are no doubt quite small and not worth them worrying about. But if they wanted to force the issue, they could.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:25:24 PM by andyg »
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

computec1349

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 08:41:27 PM »
You don't seem to understand 'intellectual property', which is what we're discussing here.

Someone (Yamaha, Korg, whoever) has spent a lot of time and money sampling and then processing them to make them playable in a keyboard. To then sample their samples or reverse engineer them is theft of their intellectual property and therefore IS illegal, however much you then do to the sounds. Look up the meaning of 'derivative' in this context. I won my own 'case' as it was clear cut, and didn't even have to go to court!

Yamaha actually do own the rights to the sounds and styles that we use, but they specifically allow us to use them in music production without paying them royalties.

I've seen several instances on various forums of reverse engineered sound libraries for keyboards. As yet, Yamaha et al don't seem to worried, as the figures are no doubt quite small and not worth them worrying about. But if they wanted to force the issue, they could.

What if I tell them they have authorization?

So they have not said anything haha!

The purpose of these packages is so that people who do not have many economic resources to buy a tyros or a genos can have an emulation that allows them to play the rhythms and sounds.

Greetings.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 09:23:46 PM »

The problem is that they don't let us to new create sounds like Sa or Megavoice factory voices, I think that’s the reason because the expansion packs like the Ghenos are very important, for example it has a Megavoice Spanish guitar that is very useful for me. My PSR s970 doesn’t come with this sound and Yamaha don’t have an expansion pack with this kind of sound.

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »

computec1349

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 10:40:52 PM »
https://usa.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/proprietary_rights_notice/index.html

MX-Sounds packages are within the law, as the sounds are emulations and are not made available to other brands only Yamaha. Greetings.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »
Makes no difference they are still owned by Yamaha and are only intended for use in the keyboard they are on.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, ticktock

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
As of April 19, it's been over a week, their website is down.

https://mxsounds-store.ecwid.com/
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

computec1349

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 08:27:35 PM »
They are using an out-of-the-box ecommerce provider, which has a copyright policy

https://www.ecwid.com/copyright-policy

It would be nice if someone from Yamaha reported them.
Genos

computec1349

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
They are using an out-of-the-box ecommerce provider, which has a copyright policy

What is your problem?

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 07:50:27 AM »
Check this:
https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/

Regards

This is just for the S97X. There was a newer one specifically for PSR-SX900 with Genos Superior Pack content and S.Art2 voices. 

computec1349

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 03:17:22 AM »
Yes! Send a email to keyboardtipsmx@gmail.com

Regards.

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 10:01:08 AM »
As of April 19, it's been over a week, their website is down.

https://mxsounds-store.ecwid.com/

Their website is back again... with more expansion pack options. They've renamed the packs as well as the contents (mostly voices eg. Dyno Drums instead of Revo! Drums, etc.)

https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/

Offline DerekA

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »
I wonder why they renamed things when it's all so above board.

In fact, they tell me that "Yamaha has authorized us to sell it"

So that's that cleared up then.
Genos

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
Has anyone already purchased this? Would be nice if any of you could post some audio samples for us to listen without any EQ/Comp settings? Especially with Sax instruments or styles with Vintage Kits/Stick Kits?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:06:43 PM by Christopher Fernandes »

Offline Henni

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »

For all the nay sayers:

Quote from: Playsounds Website
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.This product does not use samples from / the original instruments, it uses emulation based on samples created in the recording studio. This product does not violate any copyright law.Styles are not the property of this package, they are included for demonstration purposes only.Sale and distribution without the express permission of PlaySounds Corporation of United States is prohibited.

I purchased one of their products for my late S770 a while ago. It will transform your arranger into something you would not believe when you hear it. Well worth the purchase price.

Should I ever be in a position to afford a SX900 in future, I will upgrade it with  this package immediate after the purchase.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:51:01 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

beykock

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 04:28:40 PM »
Hi Henni :

Thank you very much for your feedback. 🙏

I would be very grateful to know more about this product.
Owning an SX700, I would like to hear from you if it is worth to buy this pack for my keyboard and why.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best wishes, Babette
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:31:59 PM by beykock »

Offline Henni

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »
You will not only NOT regret your purchase - you will be AMAZED by the end results.

Go ahead and purchase it and then give some more feedback over here after playing with it for a few days.

Main reason - The SX700 does not have Revo drums & neither does the SX900. It (SX900) has a watered down version of it instead.

This package will give you REAL Revo drums with the Round Robin playstyle included with maybe less layers than the Yamaha version. However you will hardly notice the difference.

Next it comes with most of the Genos styles already re-voiced to the new drums and voices. It turned my late S770 into something stunning. I am sure it will do same for your SX700. Also, it costs only $60/$79 which is not such a huge investment for those whose financial lives are still working in a simi-normal way.

Then later, should you be up to it, you can re-voice all your onboard SX700 styles to use the actual Revo drums also which will make for a huge overall improvement.

It certainly was the BEST money ever spent on the S770 when I still had it!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:13:38 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

Offline overover

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
... This package will give you REAL Revo drums with the Round Robin playstyle included with maybe less layers than the Yamaha version. However you will hardly notice the difference. ...

It is (technically) NOT possible to add the REAL Revo! drum functionality afterwards to a keyboard model that don't have it, due to its technical specification.

I have looked into some of these so called "Revo!" drum voices of these Packs (in newer versions they use the term "Dyno!" now):

Some drum instruments (mainly Bass Drums and Snares) in such drum voices have two Velocity Layers (e.g. velocity 1 - 101 and 102 -127) with two different Samples. That's all. I can not imagine how a real "Round Robin" technology (changing samples even with repeated strikes with the same velocity) could be realized with such standard Custom Drum voices which are obviously used here.

Maybe these Drums sound good in the ears of certain users (just "different" to the original PSR-S or SX drums). But it will never sound exactly like real Revo! Drums on a Genos or CVP-809.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:46:08 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Henni

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 06:08:45 PM »
Chris,

No one even hinted that these will sound EXACTLY like the Genos. However:

Listen to my commercial style demos (they are still up there for a reference only as I am no longer in the style creation market). Then go listen to the same styles on a stock standard S770. Then come back and tell me same.

I was literally blown away by the end result and remember I was an actual end time user and not a mere speculator. Those Revo drums makes for a HUGE improvement.

I do understand though why Genos owners might not be thrilled about this product. When you have the best nothing less will impress you.

Henni
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:18:43 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

beykock

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »

Hi Henni :

Thank you so much for your very interesting information and experience.
I am very impressed by your comments.

Babette
The Grateful

Offline overover

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
Chris,

No one even hinted that these will sound EXACTLY like the Genos. However:

Listen to my commercial style demos (they are still up there for a reference only as I am no longer in the style creation market). Then go listen to the same styles on a stock standard S770. Then come back and tell me same.

I was literally blown away by the end result and remember I was an actual end time user and not a mere speculator. Those Revo drums makes for a HUGE improvement.

I do understand though why Genos owners might not be thrilled about this product. When you have the best nothing less will impress you.

Henni

Hi Henni,

thank you for this detailed answer! Yes, I basically agree with you here.

I just wanted to make it clear that with these sound extensions you can never get the REAL Revo! Drum sound (including the "Round Robin" technology) on the smaller models. (Although it certainly doesn't sound bad.)

I personally don't like this "pseudo-Revo!" drums so much. Some of these sounds are a bit too "pushy" for me. Even though I have a Genos, in many cases I even use the "good old" (non-Revo!) Drums. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:25:00 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Henni

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
I myself just bought this pack to my SX900 and the styles in general really exceeded my expectation. They do sound good, very, very close to Genos. If you close your eyes comparing it with Genos listening live, I bet you can't distinguish the difference. I'm happy for spending only $35 bucks in such a great product.
You can purchase throug Paypal and contact them here: https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/Expansion-Pack-SX-Essentials-p173700807
...Fly Forever!

rcpilot

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 01:43:08 PM »
Can you use them direct or do you have to install via the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM)?
Lee

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
Can you use them direct or do you have to install via the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM)?
Lee
;D ::)
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline overover

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 05:38:40 PM »
Lee

Hi Lee,

these packs come in .PPF format. You definitely need to use the Expansion Manager (YEM) on your computer:

- import the PPF pack into the YEM
- if necessary import further packs into the YEM
- select the desired packs for the desired keyboard in the YEM
- save as Pack Install file (.PPI) on the connected USB stick
- install on the keyboard from the USB stick. :)

Best regards,
Chris

computec1349

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 03:41:00 AM »
 New Web site of PlaySounds of America

https://playsoundsusa.wixsite.com/playsounds-store

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
I've purchased the full package and I honestly think that it is a job well done.
I love how the guitars samples can be easily swapped out within styles as well as the new drumkits.
The sound range of the keyboard gets significantly improved !!!
The only compromise is to combine this package with other ones, due to the large amount of memory required.
I think I will spend most of the weekend in house....

Regards

Offline Enildo

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »
I've purchased the full package and I honestly think that it is a job well done.
I love how the guitars samples can be easily swapped out within styles as well as the new drumkits.
The sound range of the keyboard gets significantly improved !!!
The only compromise is to combine this package with other ones, due to the large amount of memory required.
I think I will spend most of the weekend in house....

Regards

Hello Simone!

What is the size of the complete package?
What format is sent, PPF, CPF, PPI or CPI?

Cheers,
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »
Dear Enildo,
Don't know precisely, but it can be close to 900 Mb.
Nevertheless being in ppf format it can be tailored to your needs.

Regards

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 06:48:11 PM »
And the price for this Pack is not bad at all. $35 USD it seems very tempting. I might give it a try. To have Genos sounds on my SX900 would be awesome.

The Essentials Pack is $35. The Plus pack is $60
Confused, which pack are we referring to, and what's the difference? There are actually 5 choices at the play sounds store https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/and that makes it real confusing.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Telmo

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 07:10:59 PM »
The Essentials Pack is $35. The Plus pack is $60
Confused, which pack are we referring to, and what's the difference? There are actually 5 choices at the play sounds store https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/and that makes it real confusing.
Hi Larry, I would recomend the "SA!Natural Alto Sax", the "SA!Harmonic", the "SA!Jazz Violin", the "SA!Irish Pipe", the "S.Art!Resonador Blues Amp". These are the voices which stands out along with the Drum Kits.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:31 PM »
Thanks Telmo,

To clarify, I meant what are the differences in Expansion Packs.

I have since found out from Play Sounds that there are two options for the SX900
The G-Master Keys SX Plus and G-Master Keys Complete.

The G-Master Keys Plus is 620MB cost about $25 with code: https://playsoundsusa.wixsite.com/playsounds-store/copia-de-g-master-keys-complete

The G-Master Keys Complete is 796MB  cost about $35 with code: https://playsoundsusa.wixsite.com/playsounds-store/g-master-keys-complete

The two other packs are for the S- series and the other is for the Tyros. The two above are for the SX-900, and I assume the SX-700
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:24:34 PM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2020, 07:23:35 AM »

The G-Master Keys Complete is 796MB  cost about $35 with code: https://playsoundsusa.wixsite.com/playsounds-store/g-master-keys-complete

Hi, LaHawk. To me, it says it's $89 USD for the "Complete" and $60 USD with "StayHome" offer. Are you using a different code?

Thanks.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2020, 06:37:37 PM »
40% Off code:
StayHome

IMO, I haven't tried them, but I see very little new with these packs.  It appears nearly all styles are already in the SX-900, or freely available. Perhaps a voice or two, and maybe some drum kits, but other than that? Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:43:26 PM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline overover

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »
40% Off code:
StayHome

As mentioned by Christopher before: For "Complete" pack it says only "20% OFF StayHome": ;)

>>> https://playsoundsusa.wixsite.com/playsounds-store/g-master-keys-complete

I don't know if this is intentional or maybe a mistake.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »
My Links Above Shows 40%

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »
Larry,
As others have found, I also just clicked on the exact link you provided. It does not show any button for 40% discount, only a button for 20%, as of Sunday May 3. It seems this site has a history of changing day to day? LOL ::)
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber