Author Topic: Backup Complete Tyros 5 to a USB  (Read 3293 times)

trecker1247

Backup Complete Tyros 5 to a USB
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »
Hi All.
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether there is a simple way to back up the contents of my T5 direct to a USB without going via a backup to the computer.
Or does it have to be each individual section copied and pasted to the USB.
Al help gratefully received.
Thanks

Offline EileenL

Re: Backup Complete Tyros 5 to a USB
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 12:21:52 AM »
If using USB you will have to copy every file and if you have used links on registrations like third party style you will have to link these again on USB. Much better to do the correct back up  to computer, then if you ever have to reload the backup it will restore everything as it was.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 12:41:09 AM »
Everything contained in USER Tyros5 will be stored on USB if you do so from FUNCTION> UTILLITY> OWNER. You can individually store System, Midi, User eff and MDF on the following System Reset tab.

You have Expansion memory content on YEM on your computer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:42:30 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »
I was referring to back up of Hard Drive.

Offline AndyT

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 04:42:44 PM »
Hi
I find that the backup to computer or USB is very slow. The hard drive is very easy to take out (it slides forward). There are a couple of screws which I have taped to the hard drive tray and then there is a standard USB plug on the hard drive.
One you have it out you can do whatever with it and the best thing is the structure is so much easier to see and manipulate on a big screen.
- Andy

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
You don't need to take HD off the keyboard. Connect the Tyros to your computer via USB cable and start the keyboard by holding down the MusicFinder button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyD_uIcYmCY
Watch my video channel

Offline AndyT

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 05:12:53 PM »
The problem that I have with that is it seems very slow to do large disk reorgs. Either way...