Author Topic: PSR 970 multi pad registration memory problem  (Read 4130 times)

Steve

PSR 970 multi pad registration memory problem
« on: April 02, 2020, 10:10:59 PM »
Hi I have a PSR 970  and I recently upgraded from a PSR 910.  On the 970 when I select a multi pad to use / play as part of a registration song It does not save when I recall the registration.  The mpad is check in the registration configuration, It defaults to the 1st preset mpad. But If I hit the registration a second time it seems ok. The mpad is in the user directory but the song is on a USB stick. Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR 970 multi pad registration memory problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »
Hi I have a PSR 970  and I recently upgraded from a PSR 910.  On the 970 when I select a multi pad to use / play as part of a registration song It does not save when I recall the registration.  The mpad is check in the registration configuration, It defaults to the 1st preset mpad. But If I hit the registration a second time it seems ok. The mpad is in the user directory but the song is on a USB stick. Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks

When you say "defaults to the 1st preset pad", what’s happening is the registration can’t find the file, therefore does nothing. What you see is the pad that was already loaded.

The reason it works the second time is because you’ve loaded it manually.

The solution is to re-memorize your registration. Ensure Multipad is checked when you do so.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:57:59 PM »
Hi Steve,

please check if in your Registration is memorized a MIDI file ("Song"). If so, probably this MIDI file contains so called "Keyboard Voice Events" which are selecting the Voices of the Keyboard Parts and also a specific Multi Pad, when the Reg button is pressed the first time. When you press the same Reg button a second time, the MIDI file is already loaded, and now the Voices and the Multipad file that was memorized in the Registration are selected.

Such "Keyboard Voice Events" can be accidentally written to a MIDI file if you save the file again, and in Song Creator (Tab Channel - Setup) the box "Keyboard Voice" is checked.

If you don't need that MIDI file in this Registration, you can simply re-memorize each button of this Registration Bank (but uncheck the "Song" box in Memory window). Finally save the Bank again.

For removing the Keyboard Events from a MIDI file, I recommend to use "PSRUTI" PC (Windows) program: Load the file, then click "Extras" > "Delete Keyboard Events", make sure to have checked at least the first box (Delete Meta Events "Keyboard Voice") and click OK. Finally save the file again by clicking "Save" (= overwrite the source file without notification!) or "Save as".

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:06:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Steve

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:50:54 AM »
Thanks guys....I will give these suggestions a try. On my 910. The mp is also in in the user directory. And when I play the midi song and press mp4 it plays fine.  On the 970 when I load the and play the song and push button mp4 I get the preset mp. It’s almost like the registration did not load the mp on the first load.  But when the registration button is pushed the second time it loads. I don’t know why.  The mp is selected when I save the registration. Humm ?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 02:30:10 AM »
Thanks guys....I will give these suggestions a try. On my 910. The mp is also in in the user directory. And when I play the midi song and press mp4 it plays fine.  On the 970 when I load the and play the song and push button mp4 I get the preset mp. It’s almost like the registration did not load the mp on the first load.  But when the registration button is pushed the second time it loads. I don’t know why.  The mp is selected when I save the registration. Humm ?

Is the user file in exactly the same location on the new keyboard as the old? If it’s not, the registration won’t be able to find it.

Did you re-memorize your registration? Did that solve your problem.

You can also post a link to your registration so we can take a look at it and help you out with it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 04:46:39 AM »
... On the 970 when I load the and play the song and push button mp4 I get the preset mp. It’s almost like the registration did not load the mp on the first load.  But when the registration button is pushed the second time it loads. I don’t know why.  The mp is selected when I save the registration. Humm ?

Hi Steve,

this is exactly the behavior as I described in my first post. Did you edit the MIDI file (which you use on the 970) and save again (in Song Creator)?

Please load a different MIDI file manually (or press REC and SONG STOP buttons simultaneously to show up "New Song" instead of a MIDI file name) and and load any other Multi Pad. Then call up your Registration:

IF the MIDI file is containing "Keyboard Voice Events", these settings (Keyboard Voices and Multi Pad) will overwriting the settings you stored in the Registration, because the MIDI file loads a short time after you press the Reg button (the first time). When you press the same Reg button a second time now, the MIDI file does NOT load new, an the original Reg settings are called up.

For testing purposes, you could also re-save the Registration button(s), but uncheck the SONG box before, and save the Reg Bank with a new file name. IF the issue is NOT present with that "Test Reg", then the MIDI file must be the problem.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:52:21 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Steve

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »
Thank you guys. I got it. I resale’s to song and then reselected it and the mp to the registration and it is now ok.  Your help has been much appreciated

Steve

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
Hi..... I have a PSR 970  and I recently upgraded from a PSR 910.  On the 970 when I select a multi pad volume to  play as part of the  song registration. The registration volume does not save the value I set when recalled. But If I hit the registration again then the right volume is applied.....Hummm  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 07:40:23 PM »
Hi..... I have a PSR 970  and I recently upgraded from a PSR 910.  On the 970 when I select a multi pad volume to  play as part of the  song registration. The registration volume does not save the value I set when recalled. But If I hit the registration again then the right volume is applied.....Hummm  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks

Hi Steve,

the reason for this problem (your Keyboard Voice and Multi Pad settings will only be set correctly after the SECOND press of the relevant Registration Memory button) is:

You have memorized a MIDI file to the relevant Registration, and when you recently saved this MIDI file, the option "Keyboard Voice" was ticked on the Setup display in the "Song Creator". This saved your Keyboard Voice and Multi Pad settings, which were set at that time, to the file (as so called "Keyboard Voice Meta Events).

When you call up a Registration in which this MIDI file is memorized, first the MIDI file will be loaded and the "old" Keyboard Voice settings will be set. Then, when you press the same Registration button a second time, the correct Keyboard Voice settings are set (that you really memorized to that Registration).

There are several methods to fix this "problem":
- If you don't need this MIDI file anymore, just delete it.
- You could also resave the relevant Registration(s), but untick the "SONG" checkbox before.
- Or you can remove the "Keyboard Voice Events" from the MIDI file. The easiest way to to this is to load the file into the "PSRUTI" PC program, then click "Extras > Delete Keyboard Events". (You can do this also in the Song Creator on the keyboard, but this is not as easy ...)

Download PSRUTI here: http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:43:42 PM by overover »