Author Topic: anyone else don’t like FSB (psr-sx900/700) keybed ?  (Read 14025 times)

kampot

anyone else don’t like FSB (psr-sx900/700) keybed ?
« on: April 02, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
I play keyboards and piano for 25+ years,
I much prefer the keybed of Psr-s series, especially for fast playing.
IMO Psr-s was the ultimate keybed, better than any midi controller or music workstation,
On that keybed (Psr-s775, Psr-s710) I could play fast parts easily and also playing piano was easier and better.
I know most of you will disagree with me.

Also, those of you that prefer FSB keybed over Psr-s keybeds, do you play any fast passages and/or piano on the keyboard, can you show some videos of your playing ?
I just can’t understand why people would prefer FSB keybed over Psr-s series keybed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:21:36 PM by kampot »

Offline Toril S

Re: anyone else don’t like FSB keybed ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:53:02 PM »
I agree with you. The lighter the keys, the better to play fast. But I startet with accordion :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

kampot

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:49:08 AM »
also on the PSR-sx900 the black keys feel different than white keys.
And When any of the black keys is pressed it wobbles from side to side a little with slight clicking.

Offline Totomo

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 02:20:02 AM »
Since I own and play Yamaha HS8 till EL90 , this FSB keybed just feel like home.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »

I LOVE the SX-900 keybed with no clicks, wobbles, and just the right touch.
For me it's perfect, and a big improvement over previous PSR's keybeds

Check at about the 1 minute mark for some fast playing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6kIhvNOlE
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline rgw

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »
That performance says it all. Great playing at speed.

Richard.

beykock

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 09:37:57 AM »
I love my SX700 keys.

Babette

rcpilot

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 01:49:28 PM »
Tyhe best one for me is the Tyros or Genos keybed, but I have the 900, for me its OK,
Lee

kampot

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
Tyhe best one for me is the Tyros or Genos keybed, but I have the 900, for me its OK,
Lee

I played Genos and tyros 1 and 2, their keybeds are great (even tho tyros 1 and 2 have different keybeds), Genos having the best keyfeel. I agree All of them are much much better than sx700/sx900

Offline stephenm52

Re: anyone else don’t like FSB (psr-sx900/700) keybed ?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »

I LOVE the SX-900 keybed with no clicks, wobbles, and just the right touch.
For me it's perfect, and a big improvement over previous PSR's keybeds

Check at about the 1 minute mark for some fast playing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6kIhvNOlE
+1    Although the years have passed and I have not kept up my piano technique, I believe speed comes from the musician not the keys. 
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 05:20:58 AM »
+1    Although the years have passed and I have not kept up my piano technique, I believe speed comes from the musician not the keys.

Inclined to agree Stephen..

Hi Kampot,
Personally I prefer the keys on my Sx900 vs keys on my ex s950, but I  the fully weighted keys on my p121
piano even more, so I use it to control my sx via midi.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 10:20:37 PM »
It is better, but not far superior.  But I wonder why the keys of my PSR 2100 were better than on my PSR S975?
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: rene1242

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »
I totally agree with members  who report seeing improvement from the PSR series to the SXseries. I am very pleased and find the keys MUCH better.  I am hugely impressed with the design, performance, sound,  and features of this keyboard. (SX900).

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

rcpilot

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 09:06:30 PM »
I really like the SX-900 keybed, for years I would not buy a PSR because the keys were so cheap.
Lee

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 10:43:13 PM »
I haven't played my PSR-950 for a few years (it has been sold) so comparing to the SX-900 is not easy.

However, to me the key-bed/keys feel very good and the arthritis in my fingers and wrists has not complained at all. Playing guitar leaves my hands and wrists sore.

As far as noise is concerned, the real judge is my wife. I play almost exclusively with headphones in the same living room that my wife likes to read in. She has remarked that this keyboard is not an issue at all. She had always complained about the banging noise when I played the PSR-910 & 950's. And that to me settles the issue, the SX-900 has an excellent key-bed, IMWO ;D

Offline Enildo

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
I really like the SX-900 keybed, for years I would not buy a PSR because the keys were so cheap.
Lee

I don't think I was lucky with mine. The black keys on my SX900 are very noisy and are getting worse and worse.
At first everything was fine, but it seems that with use they are loosening and getting noisy.
In the fourth octave, where I use my right hand the most, it is the worst.
If it continues like this I am thinking of taking it to the authorized service, as it is irritating.
So far the best keybed I've tried has been the s975.  :( :( :(

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:56:32 PM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Rich

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 01:57:49 PM »
Hi Enildo and everyone,

At the moment I’m only a forum reader… but felt compelled to pop up today and write, concerning this black key problem.

Just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone in this issue. My PSR-SX900 also began displaying this symptom after a short while. I have a very light touch, keep the keyboard under a dust cover when not in (occasional) use, and even wash my hands before playing (having seen oily marks around the joystick area on the official demo videos last year). My last PSR was a 3000… and I don’t recall being disappointed by clickety-clack black keys. I’m at the stage now where the least noisy and loose ones are the top 3. Might make a little video with my phone and post it to YouTube so that others (and Yamaha) can see and hear what we’re talking about, and perhaps compare with their own SX keyboards. Were we just unlucky? For your information, my keyboard arrived at the end of November 2019 (UK).

Other than this issue, I really love the PSR-SX900! It’s an amazing instrument… truly.

Thank you to everyone who posts here… I always enjoying stopping by and catching up with all the news.

All good wishes,
Rich
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:59:24 PM by Rich »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 04:03:34 PM »
Hi Enildo and everyone,

At the moment I’m only a forum reader… but felt compelled to pop up today and write, concerning this black key problem.

Just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone in this issue. My PSR-SX900 also began displaying this symptom after a short while. I have a very light touch, keep the keyboard under a dust cover when not in (occasional) use, and even wash my hands before playing (having seen oily marks around the joystick area on the official demo videos last year). My last PSR was a 3000… and I don’t recall being disappointed by clickety-clack black keys. I’m at the stage now where the least noisy and loose ones are the top 3. Might make a little video with my phone and post it to YouTube so that others (and Yamaha) can see and hear what we’re talking about, and perhaps compare with their own SX keyboards. Were we just unlucky? For your information, my keyboard arrived at the end of November 2019 (UK).

Other than this issue, I really love the PSR-SX900! It’s an amazing instrument… truly.

Thank you to everyone who posts here… I always enjoying stopping by and catching up with all the news.

All good wishes,
Rich
Hello Rich!

Thanks for sharing the same issue.
The white keys look great, but the keys seem to be missing something to soften the noise of the black ones. It's a click, a very boring click. It seems that with use it will loosen up and get louder. When the virus crisis passes, I will contact yamaha Brasil and find out if I can take it to the authorized service. The other minor problems can be solved with the new firmware.

Enildo

Offline hans1966

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
Hello Enildo, I am very sorry that you are having problems with the key bed of your SX900. So far I have not had this kind of problem with mine. As Rico said, I also have a soft touch, and I also wash my hands before sitting down to work with my SX900. I hope your problem is solved soon. a hug dear friend. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline ton37

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »
Unfortunately, the keys of this sx900 make more noise than would actually be good. I have noticed that, especially with a strong touch, the SX900 is in terms of 'noisy'of the keybed between the Genos / Ty5 and the PSR S-line. The touch and feel is good, I am satisfied with it (personal taste!). Only if you have the volume turned down, you will hear the rattling of the keys more. If you focus on it, it will only become more "annoying".What helps somewhat is to place the keyboard on a sound-absorbing surface (or fill the keyboard with polyurethane foam  ;D ;D ;D)
It is just the way it is ...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:40:06 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Enildo

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »
(or fill the keyboard with polyurethane foam  ;D ;D ;D)
It is just the way it is ...

Thank you Hans!

Hello Tom!

Is this serious or are you kidding?  ;D ;D ;D
There is a way to improve this, if it is true it would be better than taking it to an authorized service.
In this case I would wait for 1 year of warranty to pass and then do this repair.

Enildo

Offline ton37

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 12:22:25 PM »
Was just kidding, love my sx900 ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Janus

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »
I still use the Psr9000pro as masterboard
It has as only one not the rubberstrip contacts
It has steel self cleaning spring contacts
I use it over 10 years and never had troubles with he contacts
I think they are also in the cvp piano line

Rich

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just a had chance to make a quick video regarding this issue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPr4iw8pzXs

All the best,
Rich

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 08:44:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

All the best,
Rich

That seems really annoying. Although I don't notice it much while playing since I have other things to worry about during a performance. But in my opinion, that sounds like some really bad industrial design since the clicking sound is so inconsistent across the board...

or maybe there's a reason why Yamaha did that? If anyone can explain, please do.

I don't remember much but was this issue present since the start?

P.S. I still personally prefer the FSB action over the older S series action anyday.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:56:00 PM by Christopher Fernandes »
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline ton37

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 08:56:10 PM »
Mmm... for sure... a hardware faillure, typical a monday product ;-). Simply send it back to the dealer for repairing/replace/another one...
Succes
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 09:07:48 PM »
Hi Rich,

I just checked this on my SX900. It doesn't sound as bad as it sounds on your YouTube video. The clicking sound is still there but isn't as severe. Maybe the clicking sound was getting exaggerated in the audio recording but in real life (at least on my unit) it's way more quite. In fact it wouldn't be audible while playing something.
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

beykock

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »
Do giggers have a problem with this issue ?  Does the audience complain and/or hear it ? Hard to believe, I guess.

Most home players do not care since the SX serie brings so much fun and a lot of new sound - and technical improvements, IMHO.

Keep smiling and have fun ! ;)

Babette
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:16:11 AM by beykock »

Rich

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »
Hi Christopher,
Thank you for both of your messages… and for trying a similar test with your own keyboard!  The issue was only really starting to make itself known after the first few plays, when I began noticing a bit of clacking when coming off a black key while moving to a white key in the C5-C6 octave.

Hi Ton,
Thank you also! I had read with keen interest your previous reply (#21) about rattling and noise, so had figured that this was to be expected and not to think too much about it.

Hi Babette, yes indeed! When I finally get around to recording, I’ll be donning headphones, so any black key noise won’t be a distraction. Unless they start flying off…

Hopefully the video will provide some kind of an audio/visual reference… since a couple of owners had already identified the issue (kampot’s reply #2 and Enildo’s reply #17). If anyone’s black keys do start exhibiting these issues in the future, then they’ll at least know they’re not alone, have something to refer to, and can decide what to do from there...

Best wishes to everyone :)
Rich
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:49:19 PM by Rich »

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2020, 06:04:44 PM »
Hi folks,

unfortunately I have to tell the same about the black keys of my PSR-SX900 - it gets worser and worser.

Have told it to Yamaha Rellingen before weeks, but it seems that Corona makes them all work in home office - so no reaction until now to get substitute...

Kind regards, Heidrun

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:06:12 PM by Heidrun »
• heidruns-musikerseiten.de • heidrun-dolde.de • facebook.com/Musikerin.HeidrunDolde • youtube.com/user/HeiDol •
• soundwonderland.de • youtube.com/user/SoundWonderland •

Offline ton37

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 07:10:03 PM »
If that is the case, as a consumer you should not hesitate to take your right and send the keyboard back to the dealer / manufacturer. It is guaranteed. Yamaha must solve that faillure. If they can't fix it, get a refund. An unsound product. Just do that, be assertive consumers! Yes, we can ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 07:23:35 PM »
This is not good! Many faults with this keyboard! What happened to build quality?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:25:32 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

All the best,
Rich

That's what I meant!
Thanks for the video Rich.

Mine are getting worse and worse. The more I use it, the more the noise increases. The s975's keybed is much better.
I think Yamaha should do a recall and solve this problem.
When this wave of COVID passes, I will contact yamaha Brasil, to see what they will solve.

Enildo

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »
Frank and Chris (both Germans who also are members here) will help to fix that and find out if it is up to special serial numbers.
Both have also good connections to Rellingen.
I think you'll soon hear from them here.

Kind regards, Heidrun

• heidruns-musikerseiten.de • heidrun-dolde.de • facebook.com/Musikerin.HeidrunDolde • youtube.com/user/HeiDol •
• soundwonderland.de • youtube.com/user/SoundWonderland •

The following users thanked this post: ton37

computec1349

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 10:31:07 PM »
Hello everyone, clicks are a problem since the 1000 series, I also regret to tell you that the keyboard that the Sx900 has is the same one that the S-970 uses, the problem originates because this keyboard It works with a grease that goes under each of the keys, the lubricating grease is very bad, when I worked in a service center we replaced it with automotive lubricating grease or lubricating grease for electronic motors.

Offline overover

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »
Frank and Chris (both Germans who also are members here) will help to fix that and find out if it is up to special serial numbers.
Both have also good connections to Rellingen.
I think you'll soon hear from them here.

Kind regards, Heidrun

Hi all,

yes, as mentioned by Heidrun before, Frank (frankmusik) and I want to help users  who have the problem with "clacky" keys on SX900/700 models.

Important: Most of the SX devices sold are NOT affected by this problem, but only a relatively small number. First of all, we want to find out whether the affected devices come from (a few) specific batches or whether this problem occurs again and again "accidentally" with individual devices from many different batches.

For this we need the help of as many SX users as possible who have the problem with the "clacky" keys. With the help of Yamaha Music Europe, Frank can find out the exact production date of a particular keyboard.

Please write down the serial number including the model name (SX900 or SX700) and send this to me via PM (Private Message to "overover"). I will then forward the serial numbers to Frank for evaluation.

You will find the serial number in "Menu > Utility > System (page 1/2)".

Note: Basically, I recommend all affected SX users to complain about the device to their dealer and, if necessary, to contact the Yamaha Support in the respective country directly.

With the help of the serial numbers reported by the affected users, Frank and I would particularly like to narrow down the BATCHES affected and make YAMAHA GLOBAL aware of this problem (with the help of Yamaha Music Europe), so that repairs or exchanges of the affected devices can be carried out as quickly and easily as possible.

Thank you for your help!

P.S.
Please see also this YT video (made by Rich):

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:22:01 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

beykock

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2020, 11:20:51 AM »
It looks to be a serious problem for some of us. :-X

I would like to thank Frank and Chris for their great help. :) :) :)

Will Yamaha be ready to offer " the victims " a brand new keyboard or ... is it easy to repair ?

Time will tell.

Best regards, Babette

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
It is better, but not far superior.  But I wonder why the keys of my PSR 2100 were better than on my PSR S975?
Hi Toril,

The keybed I liked best were those of the PSR E343 and E433. I strongly suspect that at that time, keyboards, like other consumer goods, were made to be durable, which is probably not the case anymore, unfortunately.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2020, 04:39:52 PM »
Hi all,

yes, as mentioned by Heidrun before, Frank (frankmusik) and I want to help users  who have the problem with "clacky" keys on SX900/700 models.

Important: Most of the SX devices sold are NOT affected by this problem, but only a relatively small number. First of all, we want to find out whether the affected devices come from (a few) specific batches or whether this problem occurs again and again "accidentally" with individual devices from many different batches.

For this we need the help of as many SX users as possible who have the problem with the "clacky" keys. With the help of Yamaha Music Europe, Frank can find out the exact production date of a particular keyboard.

Please write down the serial number including the model name (SX900 or SX700) and send this to me via PM (Private Message to "overover"). I will then forward the serial numbers to Frank for evaluation.

You will find the serial number in "Menu > Utility > System (page 1/2)".

Note: Basically, I recommend all affected SX users to complain about the device to their dealer and, if necessary, to contact the Yamaha Support in the respective country directly.

With the help of the serial numbers reported by the affected users, Frank and I would particularly like to narrow down the BATCHES affected and make YAMAHA GLOBAL aware of this problem (with the help of Yamaha Music Europe), so that repairs or exchanges of the affected devices can be carried out as quickly and easily as possible.

Thank you for your help!

P.S.
Please see also this YT video (made by Rich):

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Frank,

I'm trying to send a private message through the website, but it looks like it's giving an error.
Is there another way (email, for example) to send my keyboard ID for analysis?

Thanks in advance,
Enildo

Offline overover

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 05:18:50 PM »
Hi Frank,

I'm trying to send a private message through the website, but it looks like it's giving an error.
Is there another way (email, for example) to send my keyboard ID for analysis?

Thanks in advance,
Enildo

Hi Enildo,

as mentioned in all the posts on this subject:

Please send your Serial number to ME via PN. :)

I then forward all incoming S/Ns to Frank (frankmusik).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

kampot

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2020, 04:24:05 AM »
I also noticed on my psr-sx900, the black keys move from side to side too with a clank noise. Even if I put my fingers gently on them I still can move the black keys from side to side. Does anyone else have this issue ?
(I’ll try to make a video soon)

Offline Totomo

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2020, 06:59:46 AM »
 +1
Mine has similar problem too.

Rich

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
I also noticed on my psr-sx900, the black keys move from side to side too with a clank noise. Even if I put my fingers gently on them I still can move the black keys from side to side. Does anyone else have this issue ?
(I’ll try to make a video soon)

Hi Kampot,

Yes... this is demonstrated in the second half of my video, linked to in this thread. Even if my fingers brush against the black keys while playing normally, I'll get that added knocking sound, due to their movement.

All the best,
Rich

Offline Enildo

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »
My greetings to all the ladies and gentlemen of this forum!

Last Thursday, I took my SX900 to the Yamaha service center in my city, so they could take a look at the problem of the noisy black keys. Upon arriving at this location the professionals refused to receive the SX900, claiming that this was not a defect and that the yamaha had changed its keys, to this new standard and this would be happening with several models. I argued that when buying the keyboard and when I tried it in a store, before buying, the SX900 did not have any abnormal noise on the keys and was shown to have very good quality keys, but the problem arises after use for more than 30 days, on average, characterizing this an addiction (long-term defect) in the structure of the new keys adopted by yamaha. Before heading to the technical assistance, I sent an email to Yamaha Musical do Brasil, which was answered almost automatically, saying that I would take the keyboard to the nearest authorized Yamaha service. When I was in technical assistance, I explained that this defect was happening with several SX900 keyboards in various parts of the world and contact was made with Yamaha Musical do Brasil, by phone, by one of the professionals, reporting the problem, and to to my surprise the brazilian Yamaha said that it was not aware of this problem and that i was the first person to seek technical assistance reporting this fact. The technical assistance recorded 2 videos showing the noise of the keys and said that it would send to Yamaha Brasil. They also took my phone number and said that "probably" Yamaha would call me, which so far has not. It already has several yamaha keyboards, including cheaper models like the PSR 540, and this is the first time I have bought a PSR with poor quality keys. A music colleague who bought an SX before me, has the same problem. I demand the exchange of all the keys, or replacement of the SX900 or I will file a lawsuit asking for my money back, because if I knew that the keyboard had this problem I would not have bought it. If you intend to buy a SX carefully, this defect will appear after you purchase it with use.

Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 12:18:51 PM »
Sorry to add this same comment on more than one board.

Enildo

computec1349

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
I am sorry to disappoint the forum, but these keyboards have always had these problems, it is considered a wear and tear problem, so Yamaha does not give it importance, what you have to do is replace the grease that comes with a better quality and ready.

Regards.

Offline Maurosyamaha

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2023, 08:44:20 PM »
Hi everyone,
this is the sx900/sx700 keybed.....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7mmaXsuPAs&ab_channel=WilfredJoeJ.P
tyros and genos are very different...

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2023, 09:25:28 PM »
You realize, of course, that this thread is from back in 2020. And, I personally, have never had to replace the keypads in any Yamaha arranger keyboard that I have owned in more than 4 decades. Now, I have replaced them for other Yamaha owners, and in nearly every instance, other than 2, the dead keys were the result of the player pounding on the keys as if he or she were playing a piano - not an arranger keyboard, which resulted in destruction of the pads - they pounded on the keys. The other two instances were the result of performing in smoke filled bars, which coated the contacts with cigarette smoke tar.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Woudi

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2023, 10:08:10 AM »
My sx700 keybed has been geven New grease 1 year ago. Now the problem is back again.  Guatantee is now expired. I will Never buy yamaha again. Yamaha acknowleged the defect in a servicebulletin.