Author Topic: PSR Dynamic Change CC number: CC7 or CC11  (Read 2228 times)

chikitin

PSR Dynamic Change CC number: CC7 or CC11
« on: April 02, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »
Hi,

I am using PSR-A3000's ethnic voices in cubase. I have MIDI track in Cubase assigned to PSR ( port 1). I am trying to change dynamic for very short amount of time (1/16) and also create crescendo and decrescendo. But when I use CC7 ( velocity), the result is awful. It's like someone turns up just the master volume.

What CC message should I send to PSR to create real dynamic change (with change in timber).

Any help would be apprecaited.

CS

Offline overover

Re: PSR Dynamic Change CC number: CC7 or CC11
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
Hi,

I am using PSR-A3000's ethnic voices in cubase. I have MIDI track in Cubase assigned to PSR ( port 1). I am trying to change dynamic for very short amount of time (1/16) and also create crescendo and decrescendo. But when I use CC7 ( velocity), the result is awful. It's like someone turns up just the master volume.

What CC message should I send to PSR to create real dynamic change (with change in timber). ...

Hi CS,

CC #7 has nothing to do with "Velocity": CC #7 defines the Channel Volume.

You should use CC #11 (Expression) or, if the notes are very short anyway, simply reduce the Velocity of the desired notes.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

chikitin

Re: PSR Dynamic Change CC number: CC7 or CC11
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »
Hi CS,

CC #7 has nothing to do with "Velocity": CC #7 defines the Channel Volume.

You should use CC #11 (Expression) or, if the notes are very short anyway, simply reduce the Velocity of the desired notes.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Chris

I am sorry, you are right. I used note velocity, and the result was like using CC11. I will try CC11.