Author Topic: How is a .cpf encrypted?  (Read 2582 times)

Mendel

How is a .cpf encrypted?
« on: March 31, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
Hello,

I bought a pack from emo muzik, and since I upgraded my keyboard I can’t get my .cpf
Renewed to my keyboard, and have to pay full price again if I want a new .cpf,
I think that this is outrageous, and I will just try to decrypt it  ;)

So, if anyone has any insights for me on how the encryption works etc.. please tell me
And if anyone knows on which platform the whole system is based on..

Thank you,
Mendel
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:52:23 PM by Mendel »

Online DerekA

Re: How is a .cpf encrypted?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »
Guess what ... it's a secret :)
Genos

Offline Enildo

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »
Hi Mendel

Try to talk to the seller of the package. Explain that you changed your model and whether it would be possible to send a new CPF.
If it's been a long time, they may not want to accept your request.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:32:56 AM »
Mendel,

Try sending him the n27 file for your new keyboard.  The thing is he should provide you the pack for the new n27 file.  He may want proof that you purchased a new keyboard. Can you send him a receipt showing you bought the keyboard?  If he still is reluctant then ask him if he will give a discount for the pack for the new keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 12:35:30 PM »
Have you tried loading this in from your YEM. I have several CPF files I had on my previous keyboard and they load fine into my SX900.

rcpilot

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
Unless you are a genious, you will never get that un-encrypted.
Lee

blackpool

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 03:31:52 PM »
I have not dealt with this company personally but, have sometimes had issues with this sort of situation.
I suppose many software suppliers might say that if their products were loaded to an instrument and then it is 'sold on' it could be deemed to be then being used by a third party ( ie new user )  and they might not be happy about this.

An instrument with additional files ready loaded is going to often be seen as an advantage/bonus to a buyer and might generate a better price IMHO.

I would look at their T&C's ...all suppliers vary and have a polite chat with them as Joe says they may replace or offer you a discount. which i have managed in the past.

Its a bit of a tough cookie ..... best of luck

Keith

Offline elad770

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »
I have a better solution.

Do not purchase CPF packages! If everyone will do that, they can keep that CPF format for themselves.
Also, it's important to note that not every CPF is the same. Some will only encrypt the content but will allow migration to any other instrument.

I also purchased the same pack Mendel (My Son's name is also Mendel) !

and regretted it. It's simply not user friendly and it's either all or nothing type of thing where you either install as it is only on your instrument or Not.
If Yamaha one day decreases installation time to 2min, maybe it will be less of a nightmare but until then, If someone pays so much money of content it should be in PPF format to allow him to do whatever he wants with it. Or at least allow a free transfer to any other keyboard