Author Topic: Recording your performance on your phone / Live broadcast with quality audio  (Read 3774 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Hi there,

With this lock down due to the virus continuing in India till 15th April, many of my friends are asking me to do a live broadcast of my gigs, or make videos and send them. 

Just wanted an advice of how to get a clean audio from the keyboard while recording videos on my mobile. It is too much of a task to record the video on mobile, record the track on keyboard and then do the video and audio mixing on PC.  I just want a setup wherein the audio quality of the recording on my mobile becomes good enough for sending to my friends.

And which is the best platform (facebook live / youtube live or any other) where in I can do a live broadcast of my performance to a closed group of friends. Something, where the audio quality is good and the viewers can connect their phones to a bluetooth speaker to get good quality of voice. I guess my equipment setup would be the similar to how I record a video on my mobile (as asked above in first para)

Regards

Anand

Offline Jim

I know this isn't a correct answer for recording on your phone but there are very favorable reports about the Zoom Q2n video camera that records very good audio and video then is ready to upload to wherever. 

Jim

Osvaldo De Souza

Hi Anand,

I will be posting in about 2 weeks time Video recording done on my Iphone and Audio Recording done on " MERISH 5 PLUS MIDI & MP3/MP4 PLAYER "

Instead of playing the Midis or MP3s through GENOS KEYBOARD I play through Merish 5 Plus. Will be making a VIDEO on some of the key feature of MERISH 5 PLUS (especially Recording AUDIO)

Merish 5 Plus has great features but is an expensive unit which I can offer between CDN $ 2800 - $ 3000 (You can adjust volume of each MIDI instrument as well as each instrument on MP3

MULTI AUDIO TRACKS)

Here is an AUDIO RECORDING done on " Merish 5 Plus " of BESAME MUCHO (Full Guitar Solo played on the Twin Guitars)

I have custom built a twin guitar as per attached photo (Top Guitar has Nylon String and Bottom Guitar has Steel Strings with FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY pick up which allows me to play SAXAPHONE, TENOR SAX, VIOLIN, CLARINET & many more other instruments from GENOS KEYBOARD)

Keep in touch & hopefully by 15th April 2020 I should have all the videos posted on our website

www.musicvariations.com

Regards
Osvaldo De Souza (aka Oz)
Surrey, B.C.
Canada

P.S. Sorry cannot post the full song as maximum attachment allowed is 1500 KB

Osvaldo De Souza

Sorry due to large bytes I was unable to post the attachments.

However, if you click on the following link you will be able to see the video recordings and the twin guitars mentioned in my earlier message giving different instrument sounds taken from
Genos keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSlAqHvtdibcDPbcboHomLbqHTnNq9YR

Regards
Oz

Offline marcodg

Hello,
I had the same problem. I wanted to record with audio quality and post for some friend. So i tested a lot of solution but only one seems to work fini with me.
If you have Iphone or Ipad and a Camera adapter then you are already ready. just follow the Instruction inthis video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YtptBkY3fc

I had a Iphone and a Ipad, but sadly not the usb adapter.
So i went on a Android because the cable could be delivered really fast (2 days).

I have bought cabel for more than 10 sort and fast 50 eur to find the really one that could pass with my settings.

You have to follow instructions on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrFjtNXaek

i works for me finally with a jack splitter (mic AND Headphones). It is very important that the two output muss be different.
So you have to plug the mini Jack 3,5 to the rose output (mic) and the most important: Turn the button Volume max to the middle .Otherwise it will be louder and inaudible because the microphone output is not basic adjust.

That was the less expansive methode and the more complicated.

If you have money you can choose a professional Video recorder for that.
The Gopro Hero and the mic adapter (fast the same with the earlier method) or the Zoom 2n, Q4n or Q8n.

I hope i could help
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Online Teknoss

I have the solution to broadcast live on Facebook and YouTube with good Stereo audio quality with your keyboard.
 You need:

1.- Line6 Sonic port audio interface for iPhone.
 2.- iPhone with iOS 11, 12 or 13.4
 3.-1/8 Stereo aux cable.
 4.-1/4 to 1/4 stereo adapter.

You can use the headphone jack on the keyboard and connect the cable to the interface and from the interface to the iPhone.
 I have broadcast like this and you get stereo audio on the live video!

NOTE: ONLY WORKS WITH IPHONE AND WITH THE IOS MENTIONED.

Hi there,

With this lock down due to the virus continuing in India till 15th April, many of my friends are asking me to do a live broadcast of my gigs, or make videos and send them. 

Just wanted an advice of how to get a clean audio from the keyboard while recording videos on my mobile. It is too much of a task to record the video on mobile, record the track on keyboard and then do the video and audio mixing on PC.  I just want a setup wherein the audio quality of the recording on my mobile becomes good enough for sending to my friends.

And which is the best platform (facebook live / youtube live or any other) where in I can do a live broadcast of my performance to a closed group of friends. Something, where the audio quality is good and the viewers can connect their phones to a bluetooth speaker to get good quality of voice. I guess my equipment setup would be the similar to how I record a video on my mobile (as asked above in first para)

Regards

Anand
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline marcodg

I have the solution to broadcast live on Facebook and YouTube with good Stereo audio quality with your keyboard.
 You need:

1.- Line6 Sonic port audio interface for iPhone.
 2.- iPhone with iOS 11, 12 or 13.4
 3.-1/8 Stereo aux cable.
 4.-1/4 to 1/4 stereo adapter.

You can use the headphone jack on the keyboard and connect the cable to the interface and from the interface to the iPhone.
 I have broadcast like this and you get stereo audio on the live video!

NOTE: ONLY WORKS WITH IPHONE AND WITH THE IOS MENTIONED.
These solution don t work with IOS 13. DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

If you want to go with an expensive solution, you have to buy a Zoom 2n or 4n.
It s safe and sure.

The first solution would give you a Mono recording and bad quality. You can solve this by recording audio from Keyboard and synchronise it with you recording Video.
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Online Teknoss

YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THE ERROR OF NOT READING WELL WHAT I WRITTEN!

I did specify very clearly 13.4 YES, there is a dot and a four AFTER the number 13.
I know the interface had compatibility issues with iOS 13 BUT APPLE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM ON IOS 13.4.
Now it works perfectly, I used with my iPhone 7 running 13.4 and I broadcasted a live video on Facebook with audio stereo from my Genos.

These solution don t work with IOS 13. DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

If you want to go with an expensive solution, you have to buy a Zoom 2n or 4n.
It s safe and sure.

The first solution would give you a Mono recording and bad quality. You can solve this by recording audio from Keyboard and synchronise it with you recording Video.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

The following users thanked this post: marcodg