Author Topic: Naming new bank and...  (Read 3576 times)

norrimac

Naming new bank and...
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
Hi troops,

Sorry for not coming up with more challenging questions, but I can’t remember how to name a new registration bank and I have yet another dumb query I can’t see the answer to, look - https://youtu.be/LcVfikSP_VQ

Thanks, Norm.

Offline Stijn

Re: Naming new bank and...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »
Hi Norm,

I watched your video and to answer your question at the end "Is there a simpler way?" = YES, there is.

Rather than editing and saving Styles - which is possible as well, but not needed - I would advise to start using Registration banks that will save all your settings so you can later recall them by a push of a button. There is a whole new world of possibilities there. And it is simple, see video link a bit lower.

Make your changes: tempo, drums, voices, multi pads, etc. and save these settings to button 1 of a Registration bank. Make some other changes, save those settings to button 2 of that bank, and 3... and so forth.
Finally, save that Registration bank. You can make as many banks as you want. And there are many more possibilities: e.g. make a sequence, using a pedal to advance in that sequence, jump to the following registration bank when 8 buttons are not enough, and so on.

Here's how you make Registration banks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZFxBbxoyt4
Pay attention at 9 minutes into the video - important!

Side note:  it doesn't matter if a Registration bank has active buttons - just press memory and overwrite the button but make sure you give the bank a different name when you decide to save it. And.... always have a copy of your creations on a USB drive or PC.

That should do the trick.

Stijn

I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

norrimac

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 03:41:51 PM »
Hey Stijn, great, thanks! Appreciated. Can you say how to get rid of the unwanted folder like I mentioned in my video?

I can't see how?

Norm.

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:16 PM »
Hi Norm

The Owners manual that you have is a bit basic, therefore could I suggest that you download the Reference Manual at the link below.
The Style save is a 2 part process look for Execute.

See
Page 31 for the OTS
Page 37 for the Style Edit
Page 95 for the Registrations
Page 115 for the Mixing Console

Regarding the USB stick for putting the update file on.  These are available in most supermarkets and most probably cheaper than a local computer shop.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros5/downloads.html#product-tabs

Bill

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

norrimac

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:06:35 PM »
Hi Bill,

Yes, I already have that manual dowloaded but your reply certainly makes the saving processes much clearer, thanks.

I've created a little document on my laptop to save these answers till I have them 'saved' in MY 'hard drive'. (May take a while, the software is 67 years out of date.)

Did you notice my question about deleting a folder? I can't find that anywhere. (It's in the little video I made.)

N

norrimac

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »
Bill, forgot to say out local supermarkets don't carry memory sticks. No rush though. Plenty to be getting along with!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »

Did you notice my question about deleting a folder? I can't find that anywhere. (It's in the little video I made.)

Navigate to where your folder is. Press Delete (one of the numbered buttons at the bottom). Select the folder you want deleted. Confirm the deletion.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

norrimac

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 05:57:51 PM »
Jeez Louise, if ever there was a D'OH! moment, that's one right there!

Thanks Fred.

Norm,

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
Here is Norm's video with the questions above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgh2OEiFrE

Norm,
don't forget to look at the screen of the Tyros 5.
Those little boxes give you some ideas of the things you can do and the options you have.
Every time you push a button and the screen is changing, read your screen.

For saving the tempo in Registrations:
Is there a mark in the Tempo box while the pop up window appears when you press the memory+registration 1 button?
If there is not, that's why you cannot save the tempo in the registration.
Just mark the tempo and then proceed to save the registration.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 06:20:28 PM by panos »

norrimac

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 10:23:33 PM »
Hey Panos, excellent, thank you! Norm.