Author Topic: Hellow Fellow Music Lovers!  (Read 3675 times)

Offline WaltMon

Hellow Fellow Music Lovers!
« on: March 29, 2020, 01:14:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Walter and the SX700 is my newest addition. I am a home player for an audience of one (or two if my wife doesn't have the TV on too loud). I have only recently joined the community but I have been reading it for quite a while.

My previous keyboard was a MOX6 and it just failed to power up recently (it may have been left on/auto off for an extended period of time and plugged in and perhaps one or more thunderstorms came through...) After replacing the power supply board and contacting Yamaha support, it was looking like the main board was the problem. I felt I couldn't be without a keyboard for very long so rather than spending a few hundred dollars to repair an "old" instrument, it was time to re-evaluate. I found that an arranger was more suitable to my playing style than another synthesizer/workstation so here I am.

That's my short story. I am looking forward to being a part of this community!

Walt

SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hellow Fellow Music Lovers!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 01:20:17 AM »
Hi Walt,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new PSR-SX700 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in almost 2,300 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline WaltMon

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 01:26:06 AM »
Thanks, Roger!

As I further my PSR education, I will likely find a style collection to purchase.

Walt
SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 03:12:21 PM »
Welcome Walt!😀❤️
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »
Welcome Walt.  Just curious but where are you from?   

Offline WaltMon

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! US east coast my whole life. The “Hellow” was just a typo.
SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)

ekurburski

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »
Well, once again welcome.  I used to call the east coast home for many years.  I was born and raised in Muskegon, Mich but starting calling DC home when I went into the Army out of high school.  Spent 5 months at US Naval School of Music in Anacostia after Basic.  Fell in love with DC and pulled every string I could to get transferred to Ft Meade after spending a year at Ft. Knox.  After a tour in Hawaii and VietNam I got back to Ft Meade for a couple o years.  When I got out of the Army in 69 I went to Laurel Md. and eventually ended up in Ocean City, MD.  After wearing out my welcome in OC I ended up going back into the Army in 81.  Retired in 92 and returned to Salisbury, Md.  After a year in Salisbury I realized you can't always return back home and moved out here to Mountain Home, Arkansas.  Why Arkansas?  Long story short: kids.

Any way, I like to see where folks are from on the boards.  So, where on the east coast?

Offline WaltMon

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 10:40:43 PM »
Loudoun County, VA now. Florida and New York, previously. So the DMV is home and loving it!
SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)