Author Topic: HELP WANTED - SX700 Tucson, Arizona  (Read 2041 times)

Offline rapaz

HELP WANTED - SX700 Tucson, Arizona
« on: March 28, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
Greetings from the Wild West,

I'm looking for help learning my new keyboard. As near as I can tell, after extensive searching, apparently, I am the only one in Tucson, Arizona that has one. I thought that in a city with a population of only 817,00 there might be more than one. If you are anywhere near Tucson, I will be glad to PAY for your help. I've asked music stores, music teachers, Yamaha, and others where I can get some help? NADA.

Richard
rapaz@greatgumball.com

beykock

Re: HELP WANTED - SX700 Tucson, Arizona
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 08:25:47 PM »
Maybe YouTube might be a first tool to help you out ?

Good luck!

Babette

Offline rapaz

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »
Thank you, Good idea but-- I'm looking for "How to" not a demonstration of the player skills. If you have a YouTube in mind, please share it with me.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 11:24:01 PM »
Greetings from the Wild West,

I'm looking for help learning my new keyboard. As near as I can tell, after extensive searching, apparently, I am the only one in Tucson, Arizona that has one. I thought that in a city with a population of only 817,00 there might be more than one. If you are anywhere near Tucson, I will be glad to PAY for your help. I've asked music stores, music teachers, Yamaha, and others where I can get some help? NADA.

Richard
rapaz@greatgumball.com

Hi Richard!
If you have whatsapp, please contact me. I don't speak English very well, but with the help of Google translator, we understand each other. +5585987148933

greetings,
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: rapaz

rcpilot

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAQfDDbugY

And he has another one too...
Lee

Offline WaltMon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 12:25:13 AM »
Richard,
May I suggest the lessons section of this very website:

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

Joe Waters has done an amazing job of putting together a comprehensive "how to" for keyboard owners. As a new SX700 owner myself, I have used these lessons to quickly learn the ins and out of a marvel of technology! He includes relevant examples, screenshots and even sample downloads. I think this is more than many YT videos can offer. I'm sure you will be as happy with your keyboard as I am with mine!

Walt
SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:10 AM »
And ask your questions here any time, lots of XS users who can help :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline rapaz

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 06:33:43 PM »
Thank you all for your offers to help and good suggestions. The YouTube Lee suggested is the best one I've seen.

I began playing these boards 30 years ago. They were a lot less complex then, and my brain worked much better. With your help and more patience on my part, I will be able to do more.

Presently I'm trying to tweak 100+ songs from my earlier days. Just learning how to save the settings has been a major undertaking. No more push Save. Now your fingers get tired pushing buttons.

Those of you that might be interested I'll share the RGT files I'm working on. Let me know on my regular email address, rapaz@greatgumball.com.

If you look in the Forum archives you'll find some of my earlier work.

Richard Peck

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno