Author Topic: CVP809 and computer  (Read 3479 times)

Nocturne64

CVP809 and computer
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:19:13 PM »
Hello, what about connecting my Yamaha CVP809 to my computer via USB?
My goal is recording/playing/editing MIDI files. Not audio, only MIDI.
I use QWS (Quick Windows Sequencer) as MIDI sdquencer/editor, but I believe any other sequencer can be used.
The problem is that sequencer must recognize the piano as MIDI In and MIDI Out device. I found Steinberg USB Driver in Yamaha download section. Is this driver needed to reach my goal? Thanks.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: CVP809 and computer
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:55:06 PM »
Hello, what about connecting my Yamaha CVP809 to my computer via USB?
My goal is recording/playing/editing MIDI files. Not audio, only MIDI.
I use QWS (Quick Windows Sequencer) as MIDI sdquencer/editor, but I believe any other sequencer can be used.
The problem is that sequencer must recognize the piano as MIDI In and MIDI Out device. I found Steinberg USB Driver in Yamaha download section. Is this driver needed to reach my goal? Thanks.

If recording midi is your goal, then why not record it on the keyboard, then transfer the usb to your pc. Sounds a lot simpler to me.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Nocturne64

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »
Hi Fred, yes, MIDI recording in the piano seems the simplest solution. But, as I specified in another thread, I have issues with Voice Guide. Unfortunately recording options are not covered by this utility. So I'm trying to use my PC to record MIDI songs and play back them in the piano. I do not know how my sequencer can recognize the piano as in/out MIDI devices. This is the reason of my question, I do not know if Yamaha Steinberg USB driver is needed for this. Thanks.

Janus

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 01:58:34 PM »
connect the usb cable from the backsite of your keyboard to your pc usb in
install the usb driver is on the cd belong to your keyboard  in the pc
if you dont have the cd load the driver from the yamaha webpage
in your  sequencer go to midi setup and select the yamaha usb drivers
no 1 is song mode no 2 is keyboard mode
defauls your keyboard is set on all trackts song mode
but you can make your own setups and save it as a preset in the midi page of your keyboard