Author Topic: SX900  (Read 3342 times)

SX900
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:02:33 AM »
Hi all I haven't posted on here at all despite being a member for a while . I have recently purchased an SX900.and just wanted to say what a fabulous instrument I think it is :) I had my S950 for 5 years and honestly thought I would never part with it , but as technology changes and in particular more memory available I decided this was the time.

I am a professional musician with 60 plus albums to my name and won't go into whom I produce music for  but people often express suprise that along with my synths and workstations I would use a PSR arranger, however I think they are just wonderful and combined with my other equipment add something different and the Yamaha styles are truly the best although I personally would like to see the movie and shows styles increased as only a very few have been added in the last few years and although they are welcome more would be nice.  Anyway I've had it 3 weeks now and enjoying every minute of this superb keyboard.

Regards

David

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Ed B

Re: SX900
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:55 AM »
Hi David
Welcome! Nice to see you posting. Love to hear some of your arrangements sometime.
Best regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »
Hi David,
Welcome. Great to hear you’re enjoying your new sx900.
Totally agree, would love more movie and show styles also.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

blackpool

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 02:40:13 PM »
Yes David - they are super and Movie and Show is a great Genre. 
On another forum only yesterday i mentioned what a wonderful style Animation Fantasy is ..... I use it at around 100 tempo for many Band Marches. It has, like many others great OTS.
Movie Panther is another of my all time favs. for crooner numbers like Fly me to the moon.
Movie Swing 2 is another for my 40's stuff

Yes, it would be great to have even more in this Genre.

I could go on .......

Enjoy.... and nice to hear of a pro. making good use of the often time 'downplayed' arrangers .... being only suitable for the hobby player ...... NOT !

Keith 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:55:09 PM by blackpool »

rcpilot

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
Yes I would also like much more in those categories, my kind of stuff...
Lee

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 11:13:43 PM »
Another agreement here.  Movie/show material covers a lot of territory among the retirement set.  Movie Show 2 is probably my most often used style.  Yamaha, how about a couple more versions of similar styles for variety?

Offline hans1966

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 03:50:46 AM »
Hi guys, I agree with you, I also like the genre of Movie & Show. It would be great if Yamaha surprised us with new styles of this wonderful genre. Cheers. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 05:19:00 PM »
I find Tecnics converted styles are fine for golden oldies and some are written for specific songs. There are also quite a few different show tunes from different keyboards that have converted very well.