Author Topic: Audio Recording Volume Setting on Genos  (Read 3244 times)

Offline shadowhankron

Audio Recording Volume Setting on Genos
« on: March 20, 2020, 12:02:37 PM »

Hi
I wonder if there is a Setting to remember the Volume Level on the Left of Recording Screen to keep Vol Record set to 65 or Less as 90 sounds Distorted on Playback...as after recording one Song then needing to record another I have to set volume from 90 to 65 once again so  a Memory setting is what I ask.......Just a hopeful question.

Thanks

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline torben

Re: Audio Recording Volume Setting on Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »
Hi Ronnie

I have the same problem. I think it is not possible to change that permanently - I have tried 100 times ...

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »
Each song can vary a little in volume so I usually do a quick test before pressing the Start/Stop button and adjust my monitor to the loudest part before it starts clipping. Most of my recordings are at 75 to 80 and I find this suits me.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »
Thanks Torben and Eileen. But still don't solve my request, but thanks for the replies.

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline Luluc

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »
Hi all,

yes, its is very annoying.

I have already added this request in the wishlist - on Feb 04, 2020 - for the next update. Maybe in the software update v3.0 ?

Luluc,
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:48:18 PM by Luluc »
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »
Ronnie and Luluc, why would you want this? Because, even if you had a way to set the recorder at a fixed level, your recording would be different every time. Styles are not always the same level, so it is best to make a test before recording. Just how I see it :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi Ronnie,
  To answer your question then No there isn't away to alter the default and I don't think it is an issue with most because you need to adjust according to what you are recording just as they would in a recording studio.

Offline Luluc

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 10:12:19 PM »
No, this feature would be useful : when we record audio songs, we may do several passes because the record is not correct : a bad note, some delayed notes or chord, or for people singing the lyrics may be misarticulated, etc...So, for a given song, we can do several passes of recording and at each time we need to manually adjust the level of the recording volume.
The feature would be useful especially for difficult songs where we need to do several passes of recording before getting a quality audio result.

The feature would be an user option and if you don't need it, then you don't use it. :)

Furthermore, in a DAW, when you arm a track for recording, it doest not reset the volume settings.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:19:51 AM by Luluc »
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
Luluc, I solce this by always making a MIDI recording first, and then I record that to audio.
In MIDI quick recording it is easy to stop a recording, and record over it. I know, I do several takes before I get it right!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Luluc

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »
Yes, Toril, I do as you for MIDI recording.
I was speaking about audio recording, that is including the voice of the singer, once you MIDI part is OK.
Luluc

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 11:25:22 AM »

Hi All

Thanks for replies  sorry  for delay replying  as with this Coronavirus problem the world is suffering, I am having to deal with Last week my Freezer packed up and all  food had to be thrown out, then on Tuesday my Microwave packed up, then Finally last night I have a issue with  Plumbing and trying to get a guy to call out.
So my music was put on hold....

Regards
Ronnie