Author Topic: connecting T5 to Casio p560 88 hammer action  (Read 2032 times)

Offline gary3917

connecting T5 to Casio p560 88 hammer action
« on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:12 PM »
Is it possible to play piano & string preset on my 88 Casio and play piano & string preset on Tyros 5 at the same time ? for more polyphony ...Fatter sound ?
When I change the preset on the casio (using as a controller for the hammer action feel) it is changing my setting on the T5 . Is there a channel set up issue here ? . I would like to keep only the preset setting of the piano & strings settings permanent on the casio and change all the other settings on my T5 like styles ,voices etc. .I am using midi B in/out on T5 to midi in/out to Casio 560 .
Any help would be awesome from you folks .
Thank you in advance
Gary

Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

Offline overover

Re: connecting T5 to Casio p560 88 hammer action
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:45 AM »
Hi Gary,

(RECEIVE settings)

if one of the Preset MIDI templates"All Parts" or "KBD & Style" is active, you can control the Tyros5 via an external keyboard on MIDI channel 1 (connected to MIDI B IN).

To avoid unwanted switching of the T5 by the CASIO, please do the following:

- On the T5 press [FUNCTION] ->  [G] MIDI to open the MIDI display.

- Be sure that one of the previous mentioned MIDI templates is active.

- Use TAB buttons to open the "RECEIVE" tab.

- Use the lower "1" or "2"  button (CHANNEL) to scroll down and find the row "PORT 2    CH1" (configured to the PART "KEYBOARD")

- In this row remove the checkmarks from "CC" (= Control Change) and "PG" (= Program Change).

Finally, the changed settings must be saved as a User MIDI template:

- Press "EXIT" button (once) to leave the MIDI EDIT display (and automatically come back to the first "MIDI" display).

- Here use TAB buttons to go to the USER drive (!).

- Press "SAVE" (lower button 6), type in a meaningful file name (e. g. "Fatar 1") and press "OK" to save your changes as a new User defined MIDI template.

- Make sure that your NEW MIDI template is activated now.

- Press "EXIT" button again to close the MIDI display completely now.

(TRANSMIT settings)

Important:
If you (originally) used the "All Parts" or "KBD & Style" template, you should use the MIDI OUT A socket of the T5 to control the CASIO from the T5's keyboard.

The difference between the two templates is:

- All Parts: The Keyboard Parts RIGHT 1, 2, 3 and LEFT are transmitted at Port 1 (= MIDI OUT A) on the channels 1, 2, 3 and 4, but only if the corresponding Part is switched ON on the T5's panel (!)

- KBD & Style: The right-hand Parts are handled as "UPPER" (transmitted on CH1 at MIDI OUT A) instead of RIGHT 1–3 and the left-hand Part is handled as "LOWER" (transmitted on CH2 at MIDI OUT A). In this case, the keyboard data is transmitted always (even if all Keyboard Parts are switched OFF).

IF you want to use MIDI OUT B, you have to go to "TRANSMIT" tab and change the CHANNEL settings of RIGHT 1, 2, 3, LEFT (OR the settings of "UPPER" and "LOWER") to "PORT 2" (and the desired MIDI Channel).

Don't forget to finally save your User defined MIDI template (as mentioned before)!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:25:39 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline gary3917

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
Chris
You are so awesome !! Thank you soooooo very much .What a wonderful help
Thank You
Gary
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:04:15 PM »
Hi Gary,

thank you very much for your nice reply!

I'm very happy that I could help you! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)