Author Topic: Program PSR to play Acciaccatura on Diatonic notes  (Read 2091 times)

chikitin

Program PSR to play Acciaccatura on Diatonic notes
« on: March 24, 2020, 12:53:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible Program PSR-S970 to play Acciaccatura on Diatonic notes? I do recall on my Fantom X, I had a guitar and few patches playing Turn/Gruppetto if I was playing the hard.

Basically, if the performer:

Presses a button is pressed  on MIDI controller  (MIDI system realtime messages is sent) or without any controller: playing a key ( say D4) hard enough, Cubase would plays the C4 below D4 right away in  here.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

CS
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:07:18 PM by chikitin »

chikitin

Re: Program PSR to play Acciaccatura on Diatonic notes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 02:10:26 PM »
Well, I guess it is not possible or it is a silly question.

Now, the question is it possible to create a patch or voice in YEM to do that?

Offline Ed B

Re: Program PSR to play Acciaccatura on Diatonic notes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 04:10:15 AM »
Hi
Acciaccatura and Grace notes  are "playing" techniques shown in the score to play no matter what scale you are using. The acciaccatura is played before the beat and the grace note leans into the note. There is nothing on the keyboard to aid in playing other than your own skill to my knowledge. The keyboard does have a feature in harmony arpeggio to play an echo, trill, or tremelo other ornaments. If you are not able to play an Acciaccatura  then the only way I can think of would be to create a multipad and have a midi file to play that section. This you would have to create using cubase if it does do this or use musescore to create that portion of the score and save as a midi. Perhaps someone else's memory is better than mine and can pop in and correct if neccessary.

Hope this is a help
Ed B
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:30:07 AM by Ed B »
Keep on learning