Author Topic: FC7 Volume control and the SX700  (Read 2289 times)

Offline rapaz

FC7 Volume control and the SX700
« on: March 23, 2020, 11:41:53 PM »
Can it be used? If so how do I initialize it?

Since getting this board I've come up with at least 100 questions. Oh, and thanks to fellow board members 3 of them have been answered. I'm shooting for 4!

Thank you!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: FC7 Volume control and the SX700
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:22:56 AM »
Can it be used? If so how do I initialize it?

Since getting this board I've come up with at least 100 questions. Oh, and thanks to fellow board members 3 of them have been answered. I'm shooting for 4!

Thank you!

Yes it can. It doesn’t need initialization. You simply plug it in to one of the pedal jacks, then make sure that jack number is set to Volume (in Menu, Assignable).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:25:26 AM »
Hello :) Yes, you can use it. Connect the pedal to the keyboard while the keyboard is off.
When the keyboard is turned on, press direct access and than step on the pedal. This will give you a menu screen where you can assign different functions to the pedal according to what you want. By the way, I just purchased an FC7 pedal too :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline rapaz

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 02:16:08 AM »
Thank you for the prompt replies, much appreciated! Even after being told where to look it still took awhile. The Yamaha manuals should be sold to the general public as "see if you can find it?" puzzles.

I think they are a  spin-off of the attached datasheet.

https://www.floobydust.com/turbo-encabulator/ge_turbo-encabulator.pdf

I got an earlier dissertation on this subject from the Bell Laboratories.

Thanks again for your help. When I get all my questions answered I will probably understand the documentation.

Offline rapaz

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 05:52:40 AM »
How do you save the volume pedal setting. Now that you showed me where it is, now how does it get saved. There must be a global setting somewhere. I'm tweaking over 150 song settings. It's a bit awkward to have to save each one.

Thanks in advance.