Author Topic: Help ... the SX900 won't start ... RESOLVED ;)  (Read 12830 times)

Offline Aquilauno

Help ... the SX900 won't start ... RESOLVED ;)
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »
Help ... the SX900 won't start ... I turned it off an hour ago without any problems. Now it does not start remains on the screen with the writing PSr SX900 and not from other signs of life.
Tried to restart without usb memory card, nothing ... I ask for help ...
PS the factory reset is not performed (I hold the rightmost button and turn on) ... has happened to someone?
I'm desperate ... what I do now? with all shops closed ...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:05:06 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Toril S

Re: Help ... the SX900 won't start
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »
Oh NO!! But rightmost key is not factory reset, it is a soft reset. You can try it without losing files, but some settings may go back to factory position.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
Please try following.

Load the actual Firmware  on a USB Stick from here ..
https://de.yamaha.com/de/support/updates/firm_psr-sx900.html
Switch on with START/STOP in Style Section pressed down (and hold that till update screen will show up)

Press Start/stop 2* to install the firmware.

greetings frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 09:19:44 PM »
Great idea now I try and let you know. Toril now I understand what you felt ...

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:36:02 PM »

Nothing to do ...   :-X

nothing to do ... tomorrow I contact the seller perhaps knows if a replacement is scheduled for a month of life. The service points are closed for Covid19 ... I waited so long for this keyboard that I have morale on the ground  :'(

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:17 PM »
Definitely try a soft reset -- power on while holding down the topmost white key. None of your files will be affected.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 10:25:07 PM »
HI Fred
I tried to dothe soft reset did it, but not is eseguible... the display is freeze  always hangs on PSR SX900  and does not continue booting
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 10:26:40 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 10:39:42 PM »
HI Fred
I tried to dothe soft reset did it, but not is eseguible... the display is freeze  always hangs on PSR SX900  and does not continue booting

Then I would reload the OS, as per Frank's instructions.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 11:24:38 PM »
Yes, follow Frank's instructions. If that doesn't help, it is probably the mother board, and the keyboard will have to be repaired. You have my deepest sympathy, as I went through a breakdown of my S970. I am sending a virtual hug! Hang in there!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno, Scenic

borge

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 11:16:27 AM »
I've had the same problem.
My keyboard was then repaired at a Yamaha Service Center. After 2 weeks I got it back, and all was OK - for 2 days.
Then the same problem occured again. I send it back to the Service Center for a second repair.
This time I was called from the Center and the seller and they told me it should be send to Yamaha for further investigation.

Then they replaced the keyboard with a new one. Excellent service!

(Sorry for my English. It's not my natural language).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:38:45 PM by borge »

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
Hi Borge thanks for the news. I tried to contact Yamaha and unfortunately the Service Centers in Rome are closed due to the Coronavirus emergency. The seller doesn't want to replace the keyboard even though I think he could have done it quietly and then deal with Yamaha. So from an easy solution I find myself with my hands tied and I don't know how long ... I hoped that I could  to play with my "SX" in this dark times ... patience. thank you

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »
Being in the EU, surely the retailer doesn't have a choice if it's no longer fit for purpose?
Genos

blackpool

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 03:13:03 PM »
Had VERY SAME ISSUE  ..... Within days of release...back last Autumn.

Yamaha replaced board without question ... This one seems fine now.

I asked the dealer and he had no explanation and said it had gone off to R&D to fully investigate.
The fault I recon was connected to the Favourite function IMHO

Its the first time i have EVER had an issue with any Yamaha board.

Keith

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
I just hope that the build quality is not waning. If the keyboard  broken after a few months... ok... (bad luck) but after 22 days, not even of intense use. max a couple of hours and not every day. There were no traumas, power surges or blackouts, the shutdown always took place with the standard procedure. I didn't upload strange files, only updated in firmware and installed expansion packs a couple of times on the first day. and for the following days no anomaly. Then suddenly turn off and after an hour you go back on and nothing ... you are disconsolate and incredulous. and you find yourself with a 1900 euro keyboard which is new but must be repaired after 22 days ...

I got a response from Yamaha Support. They reiterated that assistance goes through the seller (who instead told me to contact the service center).
The seller is required to check (through the service center) if the fault is due to a manufacturing defect in which case the SX must be replaced and not repaired, but it is a very aleatory. So is it a matter of luck? then I'm fine (irony) lol ... I'll arrange to return the SX900 via UPS (at my expense). And now I'm going to play the guitar in view of better times ... for all of us. thank you so much to all
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:28:01 PM by Aquilauno »

3dc

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 04:37:49 PM »
I got a response from Yamaha Support. They reiterated that assistance goes through the seller (who instead told me to contact the service center).
The seller is required to check (through the service center) if the fault is due to a manufacturing defect in which case the SX must be replaced and not repaired, but it is a very aleatory. So is it a matter of luck? then I'm fine (irony) lol ... I'll arrange to return the SX900 via UPS (at my expense). And now I'm going to play the guitar in view of better times ... for all of us. thank you so much to all

Usually its the official Yamaha service center in each EU country that handles everything about warranty issues including replacements parts or complete product replacement. This is apparently standard Yamaha procedure to avoid unnecessary confusion, double work, shipment costs and finally to save time for the customer. That's what they told me in music shop where I bought my E463. If I were you I would check with official Yamaha servicing center in Italy before making unnecessary or even costly steps.     
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 04:40:42 PM by 3dc »

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »
hi 3dc
unfortunately in the current Covid19 emergency situation I must necessarily contact the seller as he has more possibility of contacting the assistance center of his city (Naples). Instead I cannot move from one province to another because of the governmental decree of security against coronavirus issued by the Italian government. The shipment will cost me 70 euros, once seen the keyboard the seller personally will be check the malfunction and could decide the replacement, at least so he said. and I, hope so.
yamaha Eu told me by email to do so ...

The fact remains that if this had happened to someone at the moment of a concert it would have been a big problem, I don't think everyone can travel with two keyboards in tow. Reliability is important, while packing the keyboard I noticed that it is made in Indonesia and not more Japan. I hope it is only an unfortunate case but if other problems arise the conclusions cannot be different ...

blackpool

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 06:13:24 PM »
see my post last year -
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=52544.0

Notice SX manual offers a DIFFERENT way to save favs.

I AM CONVINCED THIS CAUSED THE BREAKDOWN IN MY CASE....

Interesting Q.... Did you use this function the way it is described in the GENOS manual ?? which BTW as I say is very different to that in the SX manual oddly!

Nobody seemed interested in my post or concern at the time ??

Keith
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:17:17 PM by blackpool »

3dc

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 06:22:46 PM »
Try to update SX900 Firmware as Frank suggested in previous post.

Here is the link to official and last firmware.
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-sx900.html

You will need a PC and USB Drive with 1 GB space.

Here are the official instructions from Yamaha website:

Notice: Do not turn off the power of the instrument or remove the USB flash drive during this operation.

1) Download the firmware
 a) Download the Zip file to the computer.
 b) Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
 c) Extract the *.prg file and copy it to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

2) Connect the USB flash drive to the instrument
Connect the USB flash drive containing the downloaded files to the USB TO DEVICE terminal of the instrument.
Notice: Make sure that the USB flash drive is properly connected to the terminal.
Excessive force or incorrect insertion may damage the terminal.

3) Install the firmware
 a) While holding down the STYLE CONTROL [START/STOP] button on the panel, turn the power on.
 b) When the following message appears, press the [START/STOP] button to start the firmware installation.
 c) When firmware installation is complete, the following message appears with the new firmware version. Press the power button on the instrument to turn it off.

Here is Italian translation:

Avviso: non spegnere lo strumento o rimuovere l'unità flash USB durante questa operazione.

1) Scarica il firmware
 a) Scarica il file Zip sul computer.
 b) Collegare l'unità flash USB al computer.
 c) Estrarre il file * .prg e copiarlo nella directory principale dell'unità flash USB.

2) Collegare l'unità flash USB allo strumento
Collegare l'unità flash USB contenente i file scaricati al terminale USB TO DEVICE dello strumento.
Avviso: assicurarsi che l'unità flash USB sia correttamente collegata al terminale.
Una forza eccessiva o un inserimento errato possono danneggiare il terminale.

3) Installa il firmware
 a) Tenendo premuto il pulsante [START / STOP] sul pannello STYLE CONTROL sul pannello, accendere l'alimentazione.
 b) Quando viene visualizzato il seguente messaggio, premere il pulsante [START / STOP] per avviare l'installazione del firmware.
 c) Al termine dell'installazione del firmware, viene visualizzato il seguente messaggio con la nuova versione del firmware. Premere il pulsante di accensione sullo strumento per spegnerlo.

And finally here is the video to get a sense how its done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X33kPnveTGE

Its a straight forward process. Take your time and ask questions here. Lets fix this! :) 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:32:35 PM by 3dc »

blackpool

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
That was my thinking when mine went AWL ....but in my case I could not get that far hope Aquil. does better!
I could not even get a management screen with Yamaha's help over the phone ..
Just the SX screen like he has
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:43:26 PM by blackpool »

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 06:36:41 PM »

Hi Keith I think you're right ... I used the favorites and then I removed from the favorites several voices probably in the last section of the game before turning off, at the next re-ignition, the block

maybe we discovered the arcane ... the solution is replacement?

hi 3dc
already tried nothing to do playing with the firmware ...

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 06:46:05 PM »
Hi Keith
If I understand correctly and if this is the problem then it is not a failure, but a bug ... and everything changes. I doubt that Yamaha will admit this possibility ... what exactly do you mean with AWL I understood the concept but... not the meaning

blackpool

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 06:49:18 PM »
Somebody asked me to load the Max number as a test ....100 .... to see if this was the same as Genos

Which I did  then I deleted a page full at a time and BANG it went down and would not fire up again

Why do they offer a different method of use on Genos? yet this works on SX but is NOT shown in manual this way???

As I say .....nobody has responded to my posts .... but now i am very careful with favs. and delete individually

blackpool

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »
absent without leave .....lol

3dc

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »
Hi Keith I think you're right ... I used the favorites and then I removed from the favorites several voices probably in the last section of the game before turning off, at the next re-ignition, the block

maybe we discovered the arcane ... the solution is replacement?

hi 3dc
already tried nothing to do playing with the firmware ...

Just to clarify: Did you actually complete SX900 firmware update? I am asking to pinpoint the problem in software or hardware part of your SX900. Firmware updates are usually complete operating system replacement. If that didn't fix your problem then its probably a severe hardware problem.   

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »
Yes, I followed the instructions, step by step, the SX900 restarted and stopped at the same Welcome screen "PSR SX900". If I understand correctly, not even blackpool has solved whit the firmware. Simply the SX is in "life suspension". no error warning, lit but in a freeze state. Among other things, also I, I loaded up to the maximum the favorites, then I deleted them all one by one ...

3dc

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 07:15:40 PM »
One more desperate idea: Fire up your SX then hold down POWER OFF button for more than 3 SECONDS before you let go. Lets see if this helps.  :P

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »
nothing to do!! But thanks the same

3dc

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 07:38:13 PM »
nothing to do!! But thanks the same

One last shot and I am done!  :)

Try in this exact sequence:

• Flash reset ->  Power button + right most white key + last 3 black keys on keyboard
  • Factory reset -> Power button + right most white key on keyboard.

Again make sure you hold more then 3 seconds before you let go.

I am truly sorry your keyboard let you down in this moment. :-[

Offline Enildo

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:18 PM »
 I am very sad about this news Aquilauno.  :-\
I decided to delete the favorites that I had, but I deleted them according to the manual. As Keith explained. I hung up and my stomach was chilly!
We are quarantined in Brazil and it would be very sad to be without my SX right now.

But I hope everything works out for you! God bless you and Italy!
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Online Rick D.

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 11:39:37 PM »
 Aquilauno,

Did you ever try to reinstall the OS?

I'm curious to find out if you did, and it didn't work, or if your keyboard was so dead it wouldn't even let you do that.

Thanks,
Rick D.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 04:28:05 AM »
Hi Aquilauno, I am sorry that things are not going well with your SX900. Hope you can get a New SX900 of replacement.   regards. Hans
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:31:40 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 11:20:35 AM »
For Keith,
I am more relieved if the problem was this. From experience it is difficult and rare that an electronic equipment can have a failure just purchased, because there are quality standard and each piece is subjected to checks, the failure can occur, the consumer it must be extremely unfortunate ( i am a very good candidate in this ... lol) but it is very likely that things are as you say .. if the machine goes into lockout to add or remove a favorite, it is not normal, it should simply not perform the operation required and to give a warning on the screen, like as when a style is not correctly loaded. now is useless to cry over spilled milk ... lol.

For Enildo
Thanks you for thinking about more important things, we have to win this battle of the coronavirus, closed at home I can always play the guitar, read a good book, see a good movie ... lol.

For Rick D.
I tried everything I could do ... the keyboard freezes before boot.  Simply, it fail to load the OS. That's why I doubt it's a hardware problem ... only Yamaha will know, but he won't say it never ... lol
(it's like when windows no start, it may be that the bios has corrupt. The S.O. there is, but cannot load).

Thanks to you Hans
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:30:37 AM by Aquilauno »

Online Rick D.

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
Aquilauno,

Thanks for the update. I hope you get your keyboard back soon!

Good Luck,

Rick D.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
absent without leave .....lol

Just so you know, AWL stands for Absent With Leave.

The acronym for Absent Without Leave is AWOL.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

blackpool

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:14 PM »
I stand corrected ....lol  The darn thing was absent whatever!

Ironically I was having a problem today Fred with the SX hanging ......so will start a new thread if this continues .... It seemed to rectify when i powered down and back up.....oddly it happened twice.

These things must be aware we discussing their reliability on here.

Regards - Keith 

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2020, 07:42:50 PM »
I downloaded service manuals for the Tyros, Tyros4, and the PSR-S750-S950. They all have a common method to enter a 'TEST' mode, which is holding down the C#2, F2, and G#2 keys while powering on the keyboard. I tried this on my ancient PSR S900 and it did indeed enter the 'TEST' mode. Yamaha seems consistent in using this through several generations of keyboards, so possibly it may work on the SX900 or may not depending on the nature of the problem. If it is able to enter the 'TEST' mode perhaps something may lend a clue as to the problem or if lucky may offer a means to reset or initialize a parameter that is stuck. The instructions shown are for an S950 and entering a test item may be different.

If your keyboard ain't broke I would caution not to try this as it may have some unpredictable consequences with a wrong key press.

This problem brings back memories of an old Roland D20 keyboard I have that I had sent some bad MIDI sysex patch data into and it locked up when trying to boot. I was able to get it back to 'normal' by removal of the coin battery which was soldered on the main circuit board. The SX900 will not have a battery.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:46:40 PM by MarkF_48 »

The following users thanked this post: pchan, panos

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »

Thanks Mark, the only thing I haven't tried ...
I tried ... nothing to do.
I repack everything, the seller contacted me today, as soon as he can, will send the courier to collect the SX900 ... I will keep you informed. The post ends here (for the moment) thank you all.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
Big news for the problem that happened to me with the SX900. I was hoping that a new firmware would come out to try one last chance.
Well it worked, the Sx900 unlocked. No motherboard failure, but an OS problem that went haywire. It was what I imagined and perhaps having reported it directly to Yamaha Japan with this email, last week, led to the release of the new firmware ... ::)  at least I like to think so LOL.
A hug to all of you and good music ....

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:07:37 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Enildo

Re: Help ... the SX900 won't start ... RESOLVED ;)
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 02:44:35 PM »
Wow, what wonderful news!
Very happy that it worked, my friend! :) :) :)

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Ingar

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 06:33:34 PM »
Good! I am happy for you. ;D

Offline Toril S

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
Aquilauno, I am so happy for you! And relieved it was not the motherboard!!!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2020, 08:44:38 PM »
Well... the new firmware didn't work for me. Still stuck at SX900 logo. But anyways good for you!
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 09:20:29 PM »
Hi Christopher... I'm sorry for this...
You said the sX900 has rebooted to self?. To me, during/After the update, the SX900 did not reboot itself but asked to be shutdown. Then I started it as usual ...
I know it's trivial to say it but have you had confirmation on the display of the successful outcome of the update to 1.04?
The transition was from 1.03 to 1.04 ...?
Have you tried a few times? I hope that you will solve it soon ... a virtual hug ..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:25:26 PM by Aquilauno »

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2020, 09:37:05 PM »
No my SX900 didn't reboot itself... I meant to say when it asked me to reboot my keyboard, I turned it off and restarted it as it instructed.

I tried installing v1.04 firmware again still no luck... I tried downgrading to v1.0.3 and then upgraded back to v1.0.4.... Firmware installs successfully but when I try turning it on, it stays at SX900 logo. No luck here... :(

Offline EileenL

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 11:52:26 PM »
Did you download the update to a good quality USB that had been formatted on the keyboard first making sure this was the only USB connected.
  A friend of mine had the same thing happen today by using an old USB. Tried a new one and now up and running.

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2020, 07:32:43 AM »
Did you download the update to a good quality USB that had been formatted on the keyboard first making sure this was the only USB connected.
  A friend of mine had the same thing happen today by using an old USB. Tried a new one and now up and running.

Thanks for the tip!

I used a USB pen drive that I always used to use to install expansion packs/additional styles/install previous firmware updates. Just to verify, the pen drive that I'm using is in "FAT32" format which was detected by the keyboard. Is there any format that I should use?

By the way, as mentioned before, my SX900 does install the firmware correctly (attachment) with my pen drive which is hardly a year old. So I don't really think my pen drive could be at fault.

(Update: Just to be sure, I did try another USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB. previous one: SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0) to install the firmware but the same outcome.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:10:25 AM by Christopher Fernandes »

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »
Ok Christopher,
did you try to download the firmware again? in this link there is what I used. Downloaded from the Italian Yamaha website ... and that worked for me.
Consider that I discovered that the SX900 that I purchased in Italy, in effect, is imported from Germany, in fact inside I found only the manual in German and the one in English. If you feel like trying ...
If any of the more experienced members can advise against this please give your opinion...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tx1Zmg9nuhSa0cZ6bvnQCVKh9wUBM9Ld

The following users thanked this post: Christopher Fernandes

Offline overover

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »
... I used a USB pen drive that I always used to use to install expansion packs/additional styles/install previous firmware updates. Just to verify, the pen drive that I'm using is in "FAT32" format which was detected by the keyboard. Is there any format that I should use? ...

Hi Christopher,

external data media (USB sticks) must be FAT32 formatted so that yamaha keyboards can work with them.

It is NOT absolutely necessary to format a USB stick that is already fat32 formatted directly on the keyboard. But it is still recommended.

There are basically two different types of USB sticks:
    1. Almost all USB sticks are displayed on the computer as "Removable Disk".
    2. Some sticks (this is very rare) are displayed on a computer as "Local Disk" (just like an internal hard disk).

- The first type of stick can be used on the keyboard for ALL purposes (including firmware updates).
- The second type of stick can be used on the keyboard for all "normal" purposes, but NOT for Firmware updates (!)  However, as mentioned, this second type of stick is very rare to find.

So it could happen (in very rare cases) that a stick with which you have already worked successfully on the keyboard suddenly does NOT work for a Firmware update (if you want to use it for a Firmware update for the first time). In this case, it helps to just use a different stick.

In YOUR special case, the last description is definitely NOT the reason for the malfunction, because you had written that you had previously successfully carried out Firmware updates with this stick.

MY guess is:
Since "PSR-SX900" is displayed, but the boot process does not continue, the Linux kernel is obviously still started properly ("Linux Initramfs starting"). The error then occurs during the "Linux Rootfs starting" phase ("Rootfs corruption"). Due to the "SX900 System Boot Flowchart" this indicates an error (maybe data corruption) on the internal memory module "eMMC0"(8 GB). Unfortunately, only the authorized Yamaha service will be able to help you here.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2020, 12:51:54 PM »
The keyboard is updating but when switched off and then on again does not allow you to get passed the first page. This would suggest that you have an internal fault which really needs to be sorted with Yamaha and your dealer. Hope things go well for you. 

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2020, 01:15:59 PM »
Big news for the problem that happened to me with the SX900. I was hoping that a new firmware would come out to try one last chance.
Well it worked, the Sx900 unlocked. No motherboard failure, but an OS problem that went haywire. It was what I imagined and perhaps having reported it directly to Yamaha Japan with this email, last week, led to the release of the new firmware ... ::)  at least I like to think so LOL.
A hug to all of you and good music ....

Hi Chris, Eilen
The strange thing is that I had the same problem, SX900 stuck on the logo for 1 month, I tried everything.
Last thing I could do was wait for a new update and try ...
The malfunction, apparently the same, has been resolved with the 1.0.4 update.
Certainly the problem was not hardware, there remain two mysteries, how it could happened and how could it is solved only for me? Was I particularly lucky? 
it seems so but I have serious doubts ......