Author Topic: Pads and song and sound quality  (Read 2568 times)

Offline ugawoga

Pads and song and sound quality
« on: March 22, 2020, 06:35:10 PM »
Hi
I am trying to make a drum sound starting at 0 and rising to where needed or a fade in so to speak with strings and choirs.
I made an Audio- link pad about 16 bars .

If i play back the midi which would be a song part it matches the  sounds of the rest of the song
If i record to wave the sound is much harsher and there is no EQ on the pad channel.

So now i play my song and when a certain part ends i press the midi song mode recording and all is fine.
It would be great if you could save the midi which shows on the right side of front screen along with the registration.
Each time i choose the song after something else it stays there . when restarting the  keyboard ,I have to go to the user section and put it back to play the song in it's entirety.
Anyone know where i am at as it gets a little frustrating trying ways around what I wanting to achieve.
I do not want to mess with the EQ too much as all that can be done when making the actual final recording.
Any help appreciated .

All the Best
john :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

Re: Pads and song and sound quality
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 11:10:42 PM »
Hi
I have solved what i am acheiving
Ispotted my blond moment!! :P

There is a song checkbox in the Reg  memory and now it works. for any reg button you choose.
Mr Blue sky here i come.

Allthe best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 12:21:45 AM »
Good for you, John :)! I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve but if it's a song, why not just use Cubase where you can automate the drum slider in the mixer?

I have FINALLY figured out how to record the Genos MIDI into Cubase. Between its great voices selections and the Halion 6 voices, I'm having a ball while living in total isolation. Stay well...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
Hi lee
Having a go at Mr Blue Sky which is in several parts.
I am doing the ending part as well after figuring it out.
I have got six registrations that i have done and just completed the ending background.  I saved the rising part as a mini song, and that allows me to do the final ending without the drums
I just used the sliders on Genos to get the fade in for the drums plus choir and orchestra. More realistic that way.
I am trying to get the song in place so i can play straight through.
Doing this song requires practicing little sections until you get the whole picture.
I will not lego brick it as it would sound robotic.
After a couple more songs i will go for some vst track building of my own work.
I have quite a few ideas now saved, but i want to keep the practice going as it makes ideas and playing come through faster.
Before i go back on the clubs , i am getting a few songs going ,so i can keep ahead of myself.
I am missing the Fooball as this virus builds. I still think that the goverments are hiding something as that Australian flu bug was much worse and all the media have done is caused panic. Anyway got some great shows to watch like the Outlander and Manifest. Also like Project Blue Book.
Who cares if we can still get that bottle of wine and a fillet steak.
Get Hawkwinds song Valium 10 "Just lie back and relax . No need to panic,Aaaaahahhhhh Yeah"!!!!

All the best

All the best
John
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:00:03 AM by ugawoga »

Pino

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 08:38:25 AM »
Ain’t we lucky we have all these brilliant toys 🎹 to keep us occupied,
I’ve just got new monitors so now I have surround sound in my studio,
new Roland VT-4, will take me a few days to sort that out and it will be ongoing,
Then going back into making my own voices again, YEM, AWave studio, AudioLayer,
And need more Song Styles’s, StyleMagic etc.

Well, that’s at least 12 weeks, then out for some fresh air again, we hope.🤔
Now, where did I hide that last bottle of red? 🍷

Pino

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 01:44:07 PM »
Sounds good, John. I'd love to hear your final product. It appears we have plenty of time.

Isn't it crazy that we generally complain about how busy our lives are and that we don't have time for "this or that?" All of a sudden, we are faced with boredom at its extreme, unless you're one of those moronic idiots who think they are invincible and continues to socialize like there's nothing going on with the planet!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »
Hi Lee
I will crack on this week and finish the song and mix a couple of others as well.
I still do a couple of hours practice a day and still nervous of that record red light when record playing!! ::)

All the Best
John :P ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:17:57 PM by ugawoga »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 08:51:54 PM »
Hi Pino

Toys R Us----- "luvvly Jubbly"

I have just treated myself to the full Arturia Collection 7.
No football or going out much now, So "WHY NOT", It is better than "WHAT IF"!! :)

Keep yer Pecker up

All the best
John

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 09:41:42 PM »
Hi Lee
I will crack on this week and finish the song and mix a couple of others as well.
I still do a couple of hours practice a day and still nervous of that record red light when playing!! ::)
All the Best
John :P ;D
I laughed at that, John. I can play quite well in a live environment but as soon as that armed track turns red, I get nervous AND I'm all by myself. Further, when recording MIDI, you can fix any errors. Amazing :)!

Pino

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 06:49:06 AM »
I watched the utube vid on the Arturia, $499 🤔

Someone should write a song called "Red Button Blues"

Pino

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
Hi Pino
 I woke up this morning
 I played the keys
 Touched the red button,
 Then i was on my knees
 I started to quiver, YEAH!
 lost my way,
 Got red button blues In my brain,
 Ever since it walked away ;D

All the best

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:43:31 PM by ugawoga »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Hi again Pino

I upgraded to Arturia 7 for 199 euros.
I already had two of three of there synths.
If i have to stay in now , i have to treat myself.
So if you have two or three synths fromArturia ,you get a good offer.
Anyone who is new ,you can get this offer

https://www.arturia.com/vcol-modern-producers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuo6G3oez6AIV0t7tCh0RwwA3EAEYASAAEgLsSvD_BwE

All the best
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:05:41 PM by ugawoga »