Author Topic: Korg PA4x vs Yamaha PSR SX900 comparison sound and styles  (Read 5422 times)

Offline ton37

Korg PA4x vs Yamaha PSR SX900 comparison sound and styles
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
From Orgaforum ...

if you are interested pls. click on the following URL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtPFpwLJUo

Happy judging  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline EileenL

Re: Korg PA4x vs Yamaha PSR SX900 comparison sound and styles
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
Yamaha for me every time.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:00:53 PM »
The Korg Pa4x doesn’t sound bad, but the PSR SX900 Sounds really really amazing!

3dc

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:11:42 PM »
Isn't Korg PA4X more in line with Genos and SX900 with KORG PA1000?  ???

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21:20 PM »
Interesting but 3bc is right.Not the same category...
Wish I had both though  ;D

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:10:42 PM »
It is a good comparison to show that the SX is competing with one of the best korgs.
Congratulations to yamaha for the improvements achieved.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 02:45:56 AM »
Very impressive that they even did a comparisons of the PA4x to the SX900.  The Pa4x is more in line with Genos. 
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
I have both,and if we are comparing just sounds and styles,I think the SX900 is right up there with the Pa4X.  Styles are very subjective,but enjoy the variation between them when applied to similar songs.  I used to be a gigging musician before the pandemic hit,and there are advantages in the Pa4X,as is expected.

Especially,at it's price point,I think the Sx900 is great.

Bernie

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
Very impressive that they even did a comparisons of the PA4x to the SX900.  The Pa4x is more in line with Genos.
Such comparisons are worthless and tell nothing -result would be the same (for viewer) if PA4x and PSR-E463 would be compared that way.
SX is excellent home arranger keyboard for learning, personal/family enjoyment and for partying with friends. And attaching it to 1000W power amplifier won't change that. The thing is, in Yamaha, built in voices are already polished to sound best in (smaller) closed spaces. And once source (voice) is processed, no effect/equalizer can reverse that. That's why we can see in most reviews: unpack, power on, and it will sound "perfect" out of the box.
Korg is a professional workstation arranger and thus more flexible. But that flexibility is not always welcome for those of us, who use keyboard at home all the time. It just means additional work and requires quite a knowledge. And at the end we would "adapt" voices for home use anyway -which Yamaha already did for us (probably better than we would).
In short: saying which of these two keyboards is better simply doesn't make sense.

As usual, just my 2c
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, thomas750

blackpool

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 06:09:46 PM »
Well put Bogdan .... you cant compare really IMHO two diiferent animals at 2 different price points tor 2 different purposes.

I agree also a better comparison would have been with a PA1000

Although I have to say the PA300 ( despite the fact it is an old model but still selling ) has great functionality and sound amazing for around £500 ( UK )  and for 'sit and play'' for less that £300 the Korg EK50 is just great for me as a 2nd board.

I had mixed feelings about my SX900 initially but am VERY happy with it now .....It depends what you want as an individual player. It is capable of FAR more than what I will ever use, but for 'plug and play' (which is all I am and will ever be )  then it is simply great until something even easier arrives on the scene.

Keith

Offline Misu

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
Just 2 words - Not trusted - too much "love" there for Yamaha and too much hate for Korg.
Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

joca

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »
Having owned both I can honestly say that they both have their own merits and are individual and different keyboards. I would say that the Korg is better suited for the modern musician where as the 900 suits the yesteryear stuff but at the end of the day it is very much a personal preference . The one big stark difference between the two is the organs in the 900 are much nearer to the Hammond sound and much richer than all Korg keyboards and I have owned Hammond
Regards
Johnnie