Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > The Next Yamaha Keyboard

From S975 to XS900, should I go for it?

<< < (2/8) > >>

KeyboardEd:
Hello Toril,

When I read your post I see the base question is about the differences from the S975 to the SX900 and if it's worth it.

My previous PSR's were a pair of S950's (before that an S910 and a circa '90's 6XX can't remember the exact model #). I have not played any of the S97X models. The SX900 that I just received (only 2 days so far) sounds great. I love the touch screen, the live assignable features, and a lot of other improvements since the S950 era.

When I had the S950's (& before) I was gigging and really spent a lot of time with them. The SX-900 is, IMO, not so much of an improvement over the 950's sound and features that I would 'upgrade' just to fill a want. The problem with me is that my wants often overrule my needs by at least a factor of 10. ;)

My thoughts are that as a 'need' I would say it's not necessary. Then again, there is the 'want' side of me that says go for it!

I know if my money situation was not a question (I also live on a pension now) I'd buy the SX900. My rationalization would be it's a compliment the Genos. That would make me feel better the day after I let go of a chunk of money. That's usually when I go through buyers remorse!

It's your decision and that's just my .02c also.

Toril S:
Thanks to all of you. I will sleep on it. For several nights. And you are right, this is a luxury problem😀 i already have 3 outstanding keyboards, and the number of hands is still just 2😀😀😀 LOL! I have tried the SX900. I like the touch screen and the scat voices! Yes, LOL. I like those voices, snd think it would be very good to have them on a PSR!! But there will always be a gap between a PSR and a Tyros or Genos. And I like my S975. I use it on gigs all the time. But miss the choir and scat voices! An alternative is to take the Tyros or Genos on gigs, doo be doo voices and all. I have tried that. Works fine, but those keyboards are on the big side!!

Genos!:
It seems like you could buy the SX, and then you have all 4 side-by-side to decide on which to sell.

Since the SX is referred to as the mini-genos, but for gigging size matters... it's really your decision.

Pino:
Toril
I have the SX900- 975 -950 side by side here.
Apart from the new vocal samples there is absolutely no difference in the sound, as a matter of fact the S950 sounds just as good, the samples are the same so how can anything sound different apart from some different FX.
But,
If I had a Genos, I would buy an SX900
Then the touch screen and OS is the same.
Then your good for 5 years. (If we’re still here)

Pino

Toril S:
Thanks guys! 😀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version