Author Topic: YEM update wish list  (Read 9257 times)

Offline metcam

YEM update wish list
« on: December 11, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

Hi all
I am opening new subject about YEM wishes/needs trough future update .

Some who play Yamaha arrangers Doesn't  need at all YEM , some use sometime , some """NEED ALL THE TIME""" to be able to play .
In my musician life together with Genos and SX900 (just bought) YEM is 100% needs.

So please for those who use YEM type here what are your wishes and needs that already missing in YEM.

Thank you all

Best regards.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline DerekA

Re: YEM update wish list
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 11:34:05 AM »
I'll start

When you select an install target, YEM remembers which packs/voices/styles were last selected for that target, and reselects them.

1 - This is really slow (maybe it's just my laptop). So I'd like it to be faster.

2 - I'd like to be able to store a kind of 'project file' which listed which packs/voices/styles were selected, so that there can be more than one for each install target, with a different mix (which could then be maintained individually).

3 - A "deselect all" option to get a clean slate to start with

Oh and for the window resizing to work so that it fits onto the screen properly :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:35:12 AM by DerekA »
Genos

Offline metcam

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
YEM and SX900 and SX700.

Yamaha must to fix that capability MIXING onboard/external samples for SX .
That is possible in Genos and Yamaha call that: Special Features for Tyros5/Genos:

Now YEM and SX-900/700  is possible to doo this:

1.Create Normal Voice: Used to assign Waves to Elements and create a new Normal Voice. The lowest available Program
Change number will be assigned to the new Voice, but you can change this later.

2.Create Drum Voice: Used to assign Waves to Drum Keys and create a new Drum Voice. The lowest available Program

GENOS and YEM is possible  to doo this:

1.Create Normal Voice: Used to assign Waves to Elements and create a new Normal Voice. The lowest available Program

2.Create Drum Voice: Used to assign Waves to Drum Keys and create a new Drum Voice. The lowest available Program

3.Create Tyros5/Genos Custom Normal Voice: Used to create a Normal Voice by editing a preset Voice from the indicated
instrument. Click the Voice you wish to edit from the displayed Voice list, and then click OK.

4.Create Tyros5/Genos Custom Drum Voice: Used to create a Drum Voice by editing a preset Voice from the indicated
instrument. Click the Voice you wish to edit from the displayed Voice list, and then click OK.

3 and 4 is MIXING Onboard/External samples

So as I said I don't like to compare MY YAMAHAS with others ,  and KORG has this in all arangers including PA-80 and up.

There is a lot of as like me who will bought SX as BACK up arranger and those "Restrictions" will stop them.

Thank you Yamaha

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:04:43 PM by metcam »
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
3 and 4 is MIXING Onboard/External samples

So this isn't really a YEM enhancement, it's a product differentiation. Yamaha want people to buy a Tyros or Genos to get this functionality. Will they change that in the future? Maybe. maybe not ...

Seagull29

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 04:16:56 PM »
Hi,

for me, the most important change at the base would be that we do not have to be forced to reload all the packs every time we want to add one!
And to answer on the purchase of a Genos or a Tyros (I already have the T5), it is certain that as the Genos will be as poor in editing and will not have a stage of synthesis like Pa4X Korg, I am not ready to buy one even if the sound is excellent.
Too primitive for my taste in terms of style creation and publishing in general.
And then, frankly, being forced to go through an external software to create voices, I find it lamentable! In fact, this formula is made to buy packs, voices and other styles, in short, to consider the owners of these instruments only as "paying pigs", as they say in France!

Regards
Seagull29

Offline metcam

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 04:52:23 PM »
Personally I do not have any problem to USE YEM as VOICE/DRUM creator-editor. The YEM is what Yamaha give to as and  for me that is OK.

I have problem that YEM need to have some fixing/improvements.

So that,s why this topic is:

YEM update wish list

Regards

Offline marius9

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 07:27:25 PM »
Just ideas that would make to buy another Yamaha keyboard besides the one I have now and my Korg.
Whenever I use now YEM with my S775, I miss some features that would break the competition:

1. Possibility to make voices by combining the samples from another voice (but not increasing the packs memory).

2. Possibility of copying an element from a voice in the pack to another voice in thepack, as element 2.

3. The possibility to use internal waves together with your own samples to create combined voices etc.

4. Add the possibility to use the Legato for Mono Voices directly in YEM.

5. Add a Super Articulation Check box to use for Voices like Saxophone (use legato, mono and poli together in one voice).

6. Using a sample to be able to appear at random times (like the sliding of a guitar or the keyboard click of an accordion etc.)

7. Being able to apply different effects for different samples from the same voice, without using different elements

8. More elements (oscillators) would be great.

9. Being able to define the intervals for a sample (eg. from C2 to E2) also by drag and drop like in the Expansion Voice Editor (old software for S750, S950).

10. Also possibility to drag and drop to the Key that the sample has its root (original key), so that you do not have to choose it every time. So just drag and drop on the key on the top and root would be automatically selected.

11. A minimal sample editor would be very useful (as in right clicking the sample and choosing sample editor, making small changes, like change of loop, or making it smaller by croping it etc. and hearing this always after you make it and without leaving the program).

12. Being able to use samples with Samples rates other than 44100.

13. After drag-and-drop of wave samples, a possibilty of auto select for all samples to cover all the keyboard (auto select intervals for each sample).

14. UNDO button in sample area and in main area.

15. Possibility to enter and change parameters for Registration files directly from YEM, like changing and choosing Voices, only by selecting them from the pack.

16. Possibility to use Registrations to use Voices and Styles from different packs, but directly from YEM (of course, knowing the we have to keep same MSB-LSB).

17. Small Style/Pad Creator/Editor in YEM. Main things to use and change: voices in style by drag and drop or selecting directly from YEM, volumes, effects.

18. Combining two voices in the main window of YEM by drag and drop one on top of the other (the one that you drag automatically becomes a second element, or elements).

19. Being able to see the program change directly in the main window.

20. Auto Update function or information directly from the program (although the updates are not so frequent, but we hope).

Just these few ideas would be great for start. And, afterwards we could make more.

And I would like to mention another thing: I (and many others) would pay for these features, for a better Style Creator/Editor etc. But the prices for Yamaha keyboards (SX) would have to be much lower so that it would justify a fee for software. You have to recognize that Korg already has features in the keyboard itself (that nor the Yamaha keyboard or YEM have).

Also, a midi to style feature would sell more keyboards...

Best regards everyone!

Offline metcam

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
COPY/PASTE note/element from one to another custom drum/voice

This was possible on Tyros3/Tyros4 voice creator and now that functions is Unavailable in YEM

Here is example how copy/paste note from one to another custom drum on Tyros4 creator.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:49:28 PM by metcam »

Offline metcam

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »
COPY/PASTE note/element from one to another custom drum/voice

This was possible on Tyros3/Tyros4 voice creator and now that functions is Unavailable in YEM

Here is example how copy/paste note from one to another custom drum on Tyros4 creator.

Longer I am with Genos I am missing more and more COPY/PASTE functions. Instead of improving their taking a huge step back.
For the person who use almost every day YEM that is a LOT OF WAISTING TIME.

After all this years I rely think Yamaha need to do something about this.

Thank Yamaha and Best regards to all.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 06:04:17 AM »
I wish they update it it where you can import ppi files

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2021, 08:27:06 AM »
Hello everyone!
It would be interesting for YEM to accept import of SFZ files that could be used as content for a pack.
Another thing that would be really cool is the possibility of having a sample release, which would be triggered when the keys were released.
By the way, a curiosity about this: SF2 files are more primitive than SFZ files, so they support Sample Release, right?
I ask this because I usually use Sample Robot to create my samples, but if saved in SF2 it warns that sample releases are lost. In SFZ it doesn't do that.

Perhaps being able to easily create styles in YEM would be great, integrating the functions available in Audio Phraser into audio styles. It would all be in one program.
Greetings,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 09:38:12 AM »
Oh, I also forgot about something else that would be very useful at least for me: Being able to remove unnecessary content from a protected pack for use only on my keyboard.
I kind of understand the concept of protected packs, but even if it fits a specific model, not being able to remove some unnecessary content to save space in flash memory doesn't make much sense.
Regards,
Gabriel

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 05:43:39 PM »
Oh, I also forgot about something else that would be very useful at least for me: Being able to remove unnecessary content from a protected pack for use only on my keyboard.
I kind of understand the concept of protected packs, but even if it fits a specific model, not being able to remove some unnecessary content to save space in flash memory doesn't make much sense.
Regards,
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

You do not necessarily have to install complete Packs. For all Packs (both protected and unprotected), you can simply deselect certain contents to exclude them from the installation. To save memory space in the Expansion Memory, so you deselect certain, unneeded Voices of a Pack and thus reduces the required "Voice Wave Size".

Please note:
- When the checkmark is light green in a Pack icon, ALL Pack content is selected.
- When individual contents of the Pack are deselected, this checkmark is dark green.
- If the checkmark is grayed in the Pack icon, the entire Pack is deselected (not selected for installation).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: gabrielschuck

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 10:18:24 AM »
Thank you so much Chris! I really didn't know it was possible to do this. It helps a lot to save memory space.
Greetings,
Gabriel