Author Topic: Shure SM58 and Genos - problem  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Al Ram

Shure SM58 and Genos - problem
« on: March 18, 2020, 03:19:40 AM »
Hello Friends
I have a microphone Shure SM58 connected to the back of Genos keyboard.   This mic has an on/off switch that is always in the ON position.   I bought it new and is probably 5 years old or so.

In the past the mic was ready almost immediately after turning on Genos.  There was no perceived delay. 

Lately, it takes a couple of minutes for the mic to start working.  The strange thing is that most of the time it starts working if I load and press a registration button.  I did not have to do this before.
It is like the registration is loading the mic settings.

I noticed this after the latest Genos firmware upgrade.  (Please, i am not saying the upgrade has to do with it, i am saying i noticed it after the upgrade).   So, i am wondering if my mic settings were somehow changed.  Like, the same way the live control (slider assign) settings were changed with the firmware upgrade.   

I checked the mic settings and cannot determine any change made by me.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions or comments ?

It is not a huge problem, just have to wait a couple of additional minutes. The thing is that it makes me a bit anxious/nervous when playing live (which will not for a long while now).

Thanks in advance.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Rick D.

Re: Shure SM58 and Genos - problem
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:20:10 AM »
A registration can change a mic setting for sure.
If you don’t want a registration to hold mic settings uncheck it in the window that pops up when savinf a registration.
You could also have a start up registration that sets the mic the way you like it, and just load that registration after you power on the Genos.

Hope this helps.

Rick D.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:46:04 AM »
Rick

thanks for your note.

It is good to know that the regs might be changing the mic settings.

I will try your advise.  I already have a start up registration.   Problem is that after i load the start up reg i will be loading subsequent registrations that might change the settings again.   I guess i will need to check/uncheck every reg/button or just live with it the way it is . . .

thanks a lot
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 05:42:38 AM »
It is good to know that the regs might be changing the mic settings.

I will try your advise.  I already have a start up registration.   Problem is that after i load the start up reg i will be loading subsequent registrations that might change the settings again.   I guess i will need to check/uncheck every reg/button or just live with it the way it is . . .

I would fix the registrations. You only have to do it once.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
Thanks.

I will fix regs as I play them. 

thanks a lot
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »
In this corona times we have a lot of time to fix sthings at our keyboards :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:29 AM »
that's true.

I  hope this thing passes away soon.

thanks and wish you the best over there.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
that's true. I  hope this thing passes away soon. thanks and wish you the best over there.
Agreed! The only way this thing is going to slow down is if people stay away from one another. I saw videos yesterday of foolish tourists on the beaches of Florida!! What the heck is wrong with these people??
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

tyrosman

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 03:06:03 AM »
it was the same here in Scotland and also in wales today idiots even the panic buying in the bloddy shops they don't think abut the NHS that cant get anything and they are saving people to all panic buying people hang your head in bloddy shame >:( >:( >:(

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »
Yes I have to agree Willie this awful virus is not bringing the best out in people. Just seen that eight Ambulances were vandalized last night and a school was broken into and all the food was stolen.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 04:10:13 PM »
Terrible, Eileen. I see two world wars and a massive influenza epidemic has taught us nothing!!

The more I get to know humans, the more disappointed I am.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

tyrosman

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:48 AM »
Yes I have to agree Willie this awful virus is not bringing the best out in people. Just seen that eight Ambulances were vandalized last night and a school was broken into and all the food was stolen.
I hope there cupboards fall off the wall and there Freezer,s break down it will serve them Right and they should hang there bloddy head in Shame :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

tyrosman

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 02:25:17 AM »
Terrible, Eileen. I see two world wars and a massive influenza epidemic has taught us nothing!!

The more I get to know humans, the more disappointed I am.
very True lee and my wife is a front line Care in the comunity im fuming with the lot of them >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(