Author Topic: Style Search not returning text  (Read 1544 times)

Offline MusicMan

Style Search not returning text
« on: March 17, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »
Hi

I tested Style search and it did not behave as expected.

I used the File > Rename command to entered unique letters "varx" at the end of Style names to indicate styles that I improved for a number of styles.
I entered "varx" in the Style Search box and it returned nothing.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Re: Style Search not returning text
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
Search boxes have varying degrees of success, depending on how well the code is written. For example, there is a difference between searching for "Smith" versus " Smith". Note the space before the second example. Some search boxes will find the second Smith because they have a "fuzzy" search algorithm built in. Google is probably the king of them all. Also, some search boxes are case sensitive.

Does your search box return the names of system styles? I'll be using my Genos later and will create a custom style with the "varx" suffix and post back.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: MusicMan

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »
Okay, I just found the time to do a test. I have a custom style called Calendar Girl 2. In the search box from the Custom tab, I performed the following tests:

1. I renamed it “Calendar Girl2varx”. The search didn't find it.
   2. I renamed it “Calendar Girl2 varx”. The search didn't find it.
   3. I searched for “2”. The search returned “Calendar Girl2 varx”.

I’m not sure how or why it worked but I think it’s possible that after I searched for the number “2”, the Genos found the name and rebuilt the drive index. That’s all I can think of. Try performing my steps to see if you can force your Genos to include “varx” as a string in its index. You shouldn’t have to do that but it worked for me.

Other opinions welcome.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:47:10 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
This is a crosspost and has already been answered here:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,54621.msg426562.html#msg426562
Regards, Michael